TheWarJaC

Update 0.10.1 - Armory & Other Changes

11 comments in this topic

Players
3,049 posts
988 battles

ARMORY

87eec170-6c62-11eb-8cf1-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Added unique Dasha Perova Commanders for Italian and European ships.

Added the "Made of Steel" permanent camouflage, which can be mounted on all Tier X ships, except for X ARP Yamato. The "Made of Steel" permanent camouflages for X Yamato, X Shimakaze, and X Des Moines will automatically be replaced by the new camouflage.

VISUAL AND TECHNICAL ENHANCEMENTS

• Updated the way in which sun reflects off water. Improved the quality of reflections, waves, and areas with calm wind. Increased the amplitude and speed of waves on some maps.

Screenshot 2021-02-17 175508.png

• Improved the visibility of the squadron reticle on all maps.
  • Added support for the AMD FidelityFX CAS Upscale sharpening filter, which allows for better performance on devices with weak graphics cards, with some reduction in image quality. The possibility to enable or disable the FidelityFX CAS filter and TXAA has been added to the graphics options section.
  • Updated the background of modal windows.

OTHER CHANGES

• The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: VII Z-31, VIII Gustav Julius Maerker, IX Felix Schultz, X Elbing, IX ZF-6, VII Hyūga, and V Agincourt.
  • Pan-Asian Tier VIII destroyer Fen Yang has been renamed VIII Fenyang.
  • Added three new portraits of Italian Commanders.
  • Starting from Update 0.10.1, the following ships will no longer be available: IX Georgia, IX Alaska, VIII Massachusetts, X Thunderer, and X Småland.
  • Starting from Update 0.10.2, X Somers will cease to be available in the Armory for an indefinite period of time. She'll be replaced by another U.S. ship—X Austin.
  • The ships have been taken out of the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. This has been done in order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of the ships they are made up of, but they may return in future.
  • We unde
  • rstand that accumulating Steel for X Somers is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance. Any interested players can still steer this ship into their Ports before Update 0.10.2 goes live in about 1 month's time.

Other changes and improvements

• Fixed an error that caused AA explosions not to deal any damage to aircraft squadrons in some cases.
  • Fixed an error that caused damaged main battery guns and torpedo tubes to start reloading after the repairs if they were loaded before taking damage.
  • VI Erich Loewenhardt bombers received similar sound effects to VIII Graf Zeppelin's bombers.
  • Fixed an error that caused the tab with ship parameters not to be displayed when viewing a ship in the Armory.
  • The loading speed on Ports and maps was slightly increased,
  • Fixed an error that prevented the Defensive AA Fire Modification 1 special upgrade from being mounted on VIII Fenyang.
  • Fixed an error that caused VIII Sanzang's Patrol Fighters to have incorrect speed and amount of HP.
  • Fixed an error that caused ships which players had received victory bonuses on to be displayed in the carousel with the "Show ships with a combat bonus for XP" filter enabled.
  • Fixed an error that caused a delay in automatic switching of torpedo tubes on IX Z-44 during aiming.
  • Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash after minimizing the Training Room and Division chats when entering battle.
  • Fixed an error that prevented IX Paolo Emilio from being hidden by the smokescreen at full speed.
  • Updated the descriptions of the Dead Eye and Top Grade Gunner skills.
  • Fixed an error that led to the display of an incorrect amount of XP to complete Commander retraining.
  • Fixed an error that led to the conning tower armor protection of VIII North Carolina not being present on the North Carolina (B) hull.
  • Other improvements and changes. For a complete list, please refer to Player Support (available in English).

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,644 posts
24,476 battles

I'm testing my settings, but it looks like the addition of TXAA was what the doctor ordered.

Players
221 posts
29,395 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, TheWarJaC said:

OTHER CHANGES

• Added three new portraits of Italian Commanders.

I've tried over and over, but I see only 2 new portraits: the one that looks like Putin (?!?) and the one that looks like a Mexican with mustaches.... [ I urge WG staff to eat more pizza a drink less vodka, LOL!!! ]

[EUTF]
Players
346 posts
7,592 battles

- When entering battle with a Commander who has at least 6 undistributed skill points and no mastered skills, a window with a warning message appears.

With the latest patch you add the above option in the game
Sure its super cool when you playing clan/Rank games and is really helpful but on some cases like after the glorious Commander skill reeework some times when i want to play some relaxing coop games or even some randoms with some captains with unspent skills captains is getting annoyed to have to press the OK button all the time.

Would be so great if we can get two or three options on the Options menu to by pass this option for some of us and/or even put a limit when the warning popups depending the number of skills we configure on the option menu (ex: but a pull down menu with number of skills to activate when the numbers of unused skills reach this number)

[ALYEN]
Players
3,084 posts
4,508 battles

Yesterday I have noticed the new water effects. Now there seem to be higher waves on at least some maps (Sleeping Giant f.e.). But there was an instant feeling "something is wrong".

Basically the waves reach almost the deck of my Kitakaze, but the ship is not moving as I would expect in those sea conditions. It is just gently bobbing up and down as in calm sea. Also the fake bow wave effect (or ship wake if you will) is even more fake now with the higher waves as it does not mesh displacement itself, it just draws a texture on the surface of the water.

Both effects combined make for an unnatural feeling at least for smaller ships. I'll have to install the calm seas mod to get rid of that stupid feeling that's distracting from the game.

[ALYEN]
Players
3,084 posts
4,508 battles
On 2/18/2021 at 5:56 PM, JeTBarionIV said:

I've tried over and over, but I see only 2 new portraits: the one that looks like Putin (?!?) and the one that looks like a Mexican with mustaches.... [ I urge WG staff to eat more pizza a drink less vodka, LOL!!! ]

Maybe the 3rd one is the new Dasha ?

Players
3,049 posts
988 battles
On 2/22/2021 at 12:01 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

Maybe the 3rd one is the new Dasha ?

Yes, I think the 3rd is the Italian version of Dasha, I will check though. 😊

Players
221 posts
29,395 battles
2 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Yes, I think the 3rd is the Italian version of Dasha, I will check though. 😊

Grazie!!

Players
2,220 posts
13,294 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Added the "Made of Steel" permanent camouflage, which can be mounted on all Tier X ships, except for X ARP Yamato.

Why is there no Tier 9 "Made of Steel" camo, for let's say 7500 Steel? Everything for TX only is kinda lame and boring.

Players
71 posts
16,966 battles

When will we see bigger waves and better storms in the maps ?.

Ever seen Deadliest Catch the pc game ?.

Now that's what i call having a storm and big waves and that's just a fishing game.