Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silver_Firebote

Normandie owners, how is it?

42 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
2,563 battles

I’m grinding up the french BB line and want to see if normandie is worth keeping for scenarios? 
how did u set up your normandie? Any tips on how to play it or what do u think about it?

Players
2,580 posts
6,567 battles

I loved Normandie; she's a really good ship; just build and play her as a standrd fast BB (remember that you go 29.5knots)

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
6,036 posts
34,088 battles

If you only need it for Scenarios, you can go full secondaries on it. No CE needed for scenarios. 

• Cool 1

Players
12,975 posts
13,551 battles
36 minutes ago, Silver_Firebote said:

I’m grinding up the french BB line and want to see if normandie is worth keeping for scenarios? 
how did u set up your normandie? Any tips on how to play it or what do u think about it?

Instead "is worth keeping", ask yourself if you like her playstyle and/or you can make her work consistently

[URUC]
Players
621 posts

After lot of monts on t8 - t9 BBs, i got this week the Normandie,  and this center turret is..... ****.  I really prefere  Dunkerque. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
6,036 posts
34,088 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Instead "is worth keeping", ask yourself if you like her playstyle and/or you can make her work consistently

It is one of the best BBs for Scenarios, 12 guns, good speed and good secondaries. 

[SM0KE]
Players
9,407 posts
19,374 battles
29 minutes ago, Silver_Firebote said:

Whilst - obviously - BBs smell and their mothers dress them funny, Normandie is (IMO) worth holding onto, if only for Ops - you spend a lot of time at close range in that mode, so the slightly flaky accuracy matters less. She's also faster than a lot of T6 BBs, which helps you fill in gaps when you have team-mates who are less aware of how particular Ops work.

There's also a rather nice 'ocean liner' permaflage for her too, which makes her look rather good as well...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
80 posts
2,563 battles
26 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I have experience on NA with kongo and played quite a few Dunkirk games on EU, I guess I have some idea ? I’m not the best but I learn quick

Players
80 posts
2,563 battles
22 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

I like the Normandie and I have a Secondary Build on her.

Most of my BBs are Secondary Builds.

Does it really work? How’s the range and damage ? 
I though french 139 don’t do much and loads kinda slow? Compare to Bayern’s 150s or 105s or Us 127s?

is it worth it to trade the Aiming improvement for extra Secondary range ?

Players
80 posts
2,563 battles
27 minutes ago, 22cm said:

It is one of the best BBs for Scenarios, 12 guns, good speed and good secondaries. 

I kept seeing people comment on her secondary, does it really work? I though 139s loads slows and don’t hit hard compare to German 150s or 105 and US 127s? 

Players
80 posts
2,563 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I loved Normandie; she's a really good ship; just build and play her as a standrd fast BB (remember that you go 29.5knots)

What commander skill did u use?

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
6,036 posts
34,088 battles
3 minutes ago, Silver_Firebote said:

I kept seeing people comment on her secondary, does it really work? I though 139s loads slows and don’t hit hard compare to German 150s or 105 and US 127s? 

The germans have better secondaries, so I could say PEF is the best tier 6 BBs for scenarios, but its premium..

From the regular ones I can say Normandie is better than Bayern for scenarios, both have the same range on secondaries, but Bayern has better secondaries, and Normandie has better speed and more main guns. I could say Normandie is one of the best regular BBs for scenarios, if not the best one.

• Cool 1

Players
3,788 posts
24,276 battles

I found the Normandy tolerable for OPs but I’m much happier bringing PEF considering her secondary reach and speed. Although for defence of station Newport  I prefer Warspite. Although I understand they are both premiums so not everyone has them as a tech tree BB she’s good enough for ops. 

[PEZ]
Players
10,950 posts
37,483 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_Firebote said:

Meh

[H_FAN]
Players
3,202 posts
62,323 battles
41 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Whilst - obviously - BBs smell and their mothers dress them funny, Normandie is (IMO) worth holding onto, if only for Ops - you spend a lot of time at close range in that mode, so the slightly flaky accuracy matters less. She's also faster than a lot of T6 BBs, which helps you fill in gaps when you have team-mates who are less aware of how particular Ops work.

There's also a rather nice 'ocean liner' permaflage for her too, which makes her look rather good as well...

1 hour ago, Silver_Firebote said:

Can confirm that this camo alone is worth keeping her, guns are shotguns suitable in coop also. Not my favourite in random - prefer Izmail, Fuso  and Warspite at T6 but OK when I have regrinded the FR BB line.

And now to Ocean liner camo (got the camo in mission) maybe it is possibly to buy for doubloons do not know that.

norm camo.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
6,634 posts
24,787 battles
55 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

That ocean liner camo is the main reason why I still take the Normandie out for rides... and that 61.96% winrate, 61k average damage, 1.27 average frags I have in her over now 92 battles...

Secondaries skilled, btw, as I use the same captain for Normandie, Dunkerque, Strasbourg and Jean Bart.

It helps to know when to change to HE when you smell a DD close by, as those "shotgun" guns are a nice surprise for many unaware DD potatoes (of which there are lots...).

There's tankier BBs.. there's also some with more accurate guns. And the gun arcs are suboptimal... but - at least for me - it's quite fun to play.

• Cool 2

Players
2,580 posts
6,567 battles
1 ora fa, Silver_Firebote ha scritto:

What commander skill did u use?

Well, i haven't played her recently, but standard BB build: PM, EM, AR, FP, CE, PT, EL, and Dead-eye

• Funny 1

Players
1,290 posts
33,582 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Silver_Firebote sagte:

The Reload Speed and and the Damage is actually quite nice. They do not have the same quater Pen as the Germans, but they can Cause some nice Fires.

So While they might not beat German Secondaries they are still more than worth it.

Players
3,441 posts
13,128 battles

I got stuck grinding the Normandie for two years. I found her the least enjoyable BB of the French line, at least for randoms.

• Cool 1

Players
70 posts

Normandie is good for operation and coop mission grind. Standard build is good with conceralment expert as dont have very long range.

1 point gun traverse skill

2 point Grease the Gears (turret rotation) or Priority Target.

3 Adrenaline Rush  or Basics of Survivability but french wont suffer long for burn&flood as they just melt from "normal hits" HE&AP too.

4 Concealment Expert ... Fire Prevention Expert Emergency Repair Expert can be usefull sometimes.

Dont count as a "normal BB" count as a BigCruiser -> Best bet stick with cruisers (have speed too) in broadside position and try to support them.

Fuso was more nightmare to me as slow&big, poor armor, No AA, horrible concealament. Old times (when stealt fire exist) stock Fuso was 13 km range with 17+ detection range... Fuso&Normandie is usefull for BBs firestarter mission. T7 UK BBs best for that in coop.

[PEZ]
Players
10,950 posts
37,483 battles
49 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

what does Normandie have?

Wet toilet paper?

You know what, actually scratch that, wet TP doesnt burn as much...

IMHO Richelieu is the first and possibly only BB in the entire french line worth her salt nowadays

• Cool 1

Players
5,663 posts
11 hours ago, 22cm said:

Thats a generally bad advice.

Always make builds with T10 in mind if you will transfer captain to the next ship in line.

Unless if one likes paying for respeccing...

Sign in to follow this