Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NikolayKuznetsov

Scientists studied the brain of a Thunderer player

15 comments in this topic

Players
1,972 posts
5,180 battles

Scientists of the Van Allen Institute of Brain Science (AIBC) studied the brains of a Thunderer player, a live specimen, while playing world of warships.

1953771328_Thebrainofathundererplayer.thumb.jpg.459d9d5328b80bb9c370038960437276.jpg
Their findings were extraordinary to say the least. Apparently every single thought in their head is replaced with "start a fire on a battleship 23km away"

Spoiler

I lied, there is no Van Allen Institute of Brain Science. I made this because I just saw a thunderer looking at a Des Moines on 2K HP 8km away from him, his guns were pointed right at the des moines. He turned his guns away from the des moines and shot an enemy Thunderer 23km away instead. The entire calculation you and I make in our heads "what do we do to win this match" simply does not happen in their brains, he made a concious decision not to kill the des moines because with that same salvo he could potentially start a fire and do not 2K but 7K damage. If you offer Thunderer players a very clear choice between "win this match" and "start a fire" they will start a fire 100% of the times. Looked at his stats after the game, incredible damage output on thunderer, abysmal winrate. What is it with Thunderer and people playing them refusing to do anything other than start fires on battleships, even if the situation begs for please doing something else.

• Funny 17

[JRM]
Players
7,507 posts
27,567 battles

Damage good, me have high damage, me play good, me better then you...

patrik.jpg

• Funny 8

[CAIN]
Players
4,902 posts
20,521 battles

HA! That is a human brain, NOT a Thunderer players one!

Should have used the depiction of a chicken brain. Nice try tho.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
1,462 posts
17,820 battles

First things first. They actually found a brain in Thunderer-players? Where did they find it? Did the Thunderer-player accidentally get up from his couch?

• Funny 1

Players
907 posts
6,026 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

HA! That is a human brain, NOT a Thunderer players one!

Should have used the depiction of a chicken brain. Nice try tho.

image.png.34aa9a5673a1931bb9dc8b06a6fb062a.png

[VIBES]
Players
560 posts
18,907 battles
45 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

What is it with Thunderer and people playing them refusing to do anything other than start fires on battleships, even if the situation begs for please doing something else.

I think you've got your answer right there.

It's not that playing the Thunderer will turn you, out of all things, into a 23 km-HE-spamming potato.

It's that people who want to be 23 km-HE-spamming potatoes, out of all ships, pick the Thunderer.

Right now she only costs 50% more than the Flint (stock range: 11.1 km, upgraded range: 11.1 km), and anyone can get coal. I have no idea what those people at WG were thinking...

• Funny 1

Players
558 posts
4,535 battles

I'm a Thunderer owner, and to be honest I'm so poor at aiming over long distances that reduced dispersion makes me less likely to score a hit. Without dead eye, there's a better chance that at least one wayward shell will find its mark. Its a bit like Mikasa - the less you aim, the more you hit.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SURFA]
Players
104 posts
6,456 battles

Clearly was only part time thunderer player.

Real thunderer players have swapped the reload for the extra range so can do the 28km and start fires from either further out,

it is quite nice because most other people kept the 23/24km on the thunderer and conqueror and if manoeuvre properly can just about keep out of there range.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,904 posts
10,528 battles
34 minutes ago, Pametrada said:

I'm a Thunderer owner, and to be honest I'm so poor at aiming over long distances that reduced dispersion makes me less likely to score a hit. Without dead eye, there's a better chance that at least one wayward shell will find its mark. Its a bit like Mikasa - the less you aim, the more you hit.

LOL this is exactly why despite everyone complaining about Deadeye thunderers devstriking people across the map, my experience playing cruisers such as zao was quite different. Due to the super tight grouping of bb salvos, all shells would miss when I dodged using the Incoming Fire Alert skill and my WASD hacks. 

Before, as you say, poorly aimed salvoes would have atleast one or two shells that magically ended up in my citadel despite dodging.

Its a double edged sword. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,552 posts
26,165 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

Great now show us the brain of a WG game dev so we can see if they have something in common with the thunderer players 

No, because they dont play their game, not even in Thunderer, and dont listen to feedback from players, so they have no idea about gameplay. 

• Cool 2

Players
7,244 posts
11,668 battles
2 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Great now show us the brain of a WG game dev so we can see if they have something in common with the thunderer players 

Fresh in:

195069686_Thebrainofathundererplayer.jpg.c40d75f75114aecd0b2391dfc5b70a64.thumb.jpg.7bcff341b4f89dc0e28c0bd08ebb431e.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,424 posts
12,311 battles

Oh buoy! Where do I start.. 

Actually.. I won't.. Topic locked.. 

Please remember the forum rules.. EVERYONE! 

"Be respectful to everyone" 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1