Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
callumwaw

Team damage tracking system is laughable

29 comments in this topic

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
177 posts
12,185 battles

From what I understood in the past, if you do a little damage to a friendly, you're not punished because it might be an accident. If you do more damage, you turn pink. If you do even more, you get kicked from the battle and banned for several days. 

Apparently, it's an automated system, right? 

So how much damage exactly do you have to do to a friendly to get kicked?  Do we have any accurate information about it? 

Last battle, a teammate in a battleship blapped me in my Brindisi for 40 000 damage (that's 90% of the ship's health) right at the start of the battle.  I would think that's quite a lot, isn't it?  And I would expect the system to kick him from the battle. 

Well, nothing happened to him, he went about his business sailing happily around, all that happened was he turned pink, but that's not really going to make him stop attacking allies...

(Before you ask: no, it wasn't an accident, he did it on purpose and was proud of it in chat). 

I find it amusing that if you say "oh sh*t" a few times in chat, you get banned for 2 weeks, but clearly doing 90% damage to a teammate isn't a problem in Wargaming's eyes. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles

Mewsflash: Even if he had 100% sunk you he wouldn't have been ejected from the battle.

Also, you get chat banned at most, not actually banned from playing the game through such chat abuse.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
177 posts
12,185 battles

Yes, I meant you get banned from chat only, but the thing is, it happens immediately and after relatively minor infractions. 

11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Mewsflash: Even if he had 100% sunk you he wouldn't have been ejected from the battle.

That's amazing. So basically you can kill half your team and still be all right?  How does that make sense? 

I was sure I heard somewhere that there is a system that tracks teamdamage and punishes the player for it. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
3 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

Yes, I meant you get banned from chat only, but the thing is, it happens immediately and after relatively minor infractions. 

That's amazing. So basically you can kill half your team and still be all right?  How does that make sense? 

I was sure I heard somewhere that there is a system that tracks teamdamage and punishes the player for it. 

It does. Once you turn pink almost all of the team damage you do gets reflected and done as damage to you instead.

Also, one would think that someone with, supposedly, 11 thousand games played would know this.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
177 posts
12,185 battles
7 hours ago, lafeel said:

It does. Once you turn pink almost all of the team damage you do gets reflected and done as damage to you instead.

Also, one would think that someone with, supposedly, 11 thousand games played would know this.

What on earth does anything have to do with how many battles I've played?  In case you haven't noticed, Wargaming change things in the game all the time. Ships are modified. Mechanics are modified. Skills are reworked. CVs are buffed. How am I supposed to know if and how many times they changed the team damage system and what the current status is? 

Also, why can't people like you just answer a simple question without being edit*? 

edit: language please

• Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
4 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

What on earth does anything have to do with how many battles I've played?  In case you haven't noticed, Wargaming change things in the game all the time. Ships are modified. Mechanics are modified. Skills are reworked. CVs are buffed. How am I supposed to know if and how many times they changed the team damage system and what the current status is? 

Also, why can't people like you just answer a simple question without being patronising prats? 

The team damage system has been the same since CBT, dude.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles
8 hours ago, lafeel said:

The team damage system has been the same since CBT, dude.

Actually no. This dmg reflecting on you is since 2018. In the past it was only systematically reduced but you could kill other teammates being pink. Now it's is not the case. 

Also if you deliberately do this and do this many times in the week time (I mean people send replays when you do this with your guns or torped and you say it in chat that you'll shoot sometime in your team) WG can ban you from login 7 days. If you do it again in the same way they can extend it further more. I had a clan mate from my ex clan that cringed so much he got such ban. 

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles
8 hours ago, callumwaw said:

Also, why can't people like you just answer a simple question without being edit*? 

Well maybe because it's strange that you ask such question after so many battles? People tend to ask about it having less than 1000. 

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

You never get kicked from a battle. What happens after you turn pink is, the reflected damage mechanics start kicking in, meaning damage done to allies is instead done to the pink guy. It’s entirely possible to kill oneself by shooting allies repeatedly. If you keep repeating offenses after turning pink you become orange which locks you in coop for a few battles. Just to dispel a few myths in this tread, nobody ever gets kicked mid-battle, and chat bans have nothing to do with doing team damage, but (shockingly) everything to do with misbehavior in chat.

You’re quite correct in that WG changes things all the time, but the reflected damage one has been around for a very long time, probably the vast majority of your time in wows, so people are a bit surprised you never noticed this. You never saw someone pink get a kill on themselves? This is how and why.

• Cool 4

[TACHA]
Players
315 posts
5,737 battles
10 hours ago, callumwaw said:

From what I understood in the past, if you do a little damage to a friendly, you're not punished because it might be an accident. If you do more damage, you turn pink. If you do even more, you get kicked from the battle and banned for several days. 

So how much damage exactly do you have to do to a friendly to get kicked?  Do we have any accurate information about it? 

Last battle, a teammate in a battleship blapped me in my Brindisi for 40 000 damage (that's 90% of the ship's health) right at the start of the battle.  I would think that's quite a lot, isn't it?  And I would expect the system to kick him from the battle. 

Well, nothing happened to him, he went about his business sailing happily around, all that happened was he turned pink, but that's not really going to make him stop attacking allies...

(Before you ask: no, it wasn't an accident, he did it on purpose and was proud of it in chat). 

I find it amusing that if you say "oh sh*t" a few times in chat, you get banned for 2 weeks, but clearly doing 90% damage to a teammate isn't a problem in Wargaming's eyes. 

Hopefully you reported him with a replay sent as that is toxic.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,213 posts
9,841 battles
10 hours ago, callumwaw said:

Maybe upload the replay here and tag mrconway - if you send it to support they probably wont do anything.

• Cool 1

Players
2,510 posts
14,680 battles
11 hours ago, callumwaw said:

immediately and after relatively minor infractions

I don't know. I have said definitely not a "minor infractionsc multiple times and never been chat banned. But I heard that after first one it goes on and on in a quick succession as  the Big Brother is watching you. About team damage support is useless. Verbal abuse with racist comments is the only case that would make them react. 

[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,572 battles
11 hours ago, callumwaw said:

If you do even more, you get kicked from the battle and banned for several days.

if you todo more damage you not kicked from battle but it reflects damage for your own ship

[LUZ1]
Players
1,130 posts
13,744 battles
1 hour ago, HansRoaming said:

Hopefully you reported him with a replay sent as that is toxic.

WG does not take reports on team damage as they say they notice that directly from the server and take appropriate action.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,213 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, Camperdown said:

WG does not take reports on team damage as they say the notice that directly from the server and take appropriate action.

Probably because 99% of the teamdamage is unintentional, but in cases like this, there should be additional punishment... so in a way, i can understand if they dont want to deal with this, because they would need to look at all of them to determine, if it was unintentional or deliberate.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
5,630 posts
4,464 battles
Před 12 hodinami callumwaw řekl/a:

So, if you continue to do teamdamage/teamkill, it can result that you account will turn orange and you will be restricted from playing Randoms, Ranked, basically only coop or operations.

With this system you won't be banned for several days. Only option, how you can receive game ban is after plenty serious violations of rules, based on Customer Support action, or if you are using forbidden mods.

In that battle, if the player wasn't pink and blapped you for that damage, he only turn pink for that battle and in case he will do any other teamdamage HP will be deducted from his ship. But if he would be pink in the beginning of that battle and he would do this, he would "kill himself" as you know that notification in battle. 

Regarding chat violations, that is something completely different, as only chat ban can be applied in this case. Of course with an exceptions if somebody goes really overboard with chat insults being rasist, personal life threads etc.

If you use "forbidden" words plenty times, you can be banned retrospectively. So it can happen, that you use some swear words, for example the ones you mentioned, plenty times during one day, but nothing happened that day. But day after you received chat ban for several days, basically based on your previous chatban duration.

Players
3,576 posts
19,814 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe upload the replay here and tag mrconway - if you send it to support they probably wont do anything.

and mrconway is definitely going to do something about it.? :cap_haloween: 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,213 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

and mrconway is definitely going to do something about it.? :cap_haloween: 

Better chance than contacting support and get a standard answer? :cap_yes:

Players
1,925 posts
12,311 battles

I'm really curious how it would affect the team kill and team damage statistics if friendly fire would count toward your damage dealt and therefore directly net you more credits, because credits is based on damage dealt. Could be fun field experiment as an april fools' day prank. :Smile_trollface:

Players
3,576 posts
19,814 battles
23 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Better chance than contacting support and get a standard answer? :cap_yes:

What mrconway gave would be a standart answer aswell. I can already see what he would say.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
177 posts
12,185 battles

@YabbaCoe  thank you for clarifying this!

@lafeel,    @MacArthur92,  don't you find it ironic that at first you wonder how come I don't know how the system works after 11k battles, and then it turns out that neither of you are quite right about how it works, either? :-)  In the light of what YabbaCoe said, it turns out you can get banned (from Random and Ranked, but that's enough) after further teamdamage/teamkills.

Also, in practice, you can still kill teammates even if you're pink. That BB player was still full health (and turned pink) after doing 40 k dmg to me and leaving me on 4k.  So if he'd fired at me again, 4k damage would have been reflected onto him (which is nothing in the case of a full-health battleship), but he would have killed me. 

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the explanations. To be honest, I never paid too much attention to how it worked, because I wasn't really targeted by teammates in the past. Accidental damage - yes, people launching torps from behind me - yes, but that was just carelessness. I don't think I was targeted on purpose more than two or three times over all these years, that's why I wasn't really interested in or paid much attention to how the punishment system worked and how/when it was changed. 

3 hours ago, HansRoaming said:

Hopefully you reported him with a replay sent as that is toxic

I didn't but maybe I should have. I just couldn't be bothered. In the end, I did better in that battle in my 4k health Brindisi than he did in his full-health Minnesota, so I felt vindicated :-) 

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,213 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

So if he'd fired at me again, 4k damage would have been reflected onto him (which is nothing in the case of a full-health battleship), but he would have killed me.  

In that case you basicly dont receive any damage at all anymore, and if he would deal another 40k to you (which is totaly possible, even if you dont have that amount of HP), he would lose 40k himself.

See that clip.

Hipper is pink and torps Flamu. Flamu received a few hundred damage from the torps, but Hipper kills himself.

The clip is a bit older even, i think these days it might even be a harsher penalty, as the hipper basicly survives 5 torps before it kills itself.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles
On 2/15/2021 at 1:55 PM, callumwaw said:

YabbaCoe said, it turns out you can get banned (from Random and Ranked, but that's enough) after further teamdamage/teamkills.

Well yes. And also when you're afk too many times. You turn orange then and you're blocked to coop only. I was talking about account login ban which is very rare and not many even know anything about it. I had a screenshot of that 7 day ban login message but it was 3 years ago so I don't have it in my phone nor PC cause I changed my stuff after. 

On 2/15/2021 at 1:55 PM, callumwaw said:

Also, in practice, you can still kill teammates even if you're pink. That BB player was still full health (and turned pink) after doing 40 k dmg to me and leaving me on 4k.  So if he'd fired at me again, 4k damage would have been reflected onto him (which is nothing in the case of a full-health battleship), but he would have killed me. 

Well if he's on 4k hp yes. In the past you could start the battle being pink and you can sink 1 full hp DD and shoot on other ship to only then the damage is going into your ship hp. Although now most of it is inflicted to you : this was still in 2017  . I saw an old jingles vid showcasing such toxic TK guy. 

Anyway I'm not the game encyclopedia and I don't know every micro thing in all the game and it's mechanics. But you didn't know the fundamentals. It's not bad thing to ask a question ofc but it was weird that you asked this that late. Like if you didn't see teamkillers before or it didn't bother you until now. 

Don't take such statement as a "personal attack", people lately are taking everything too much out of context and creating some exaggerated situations. It was curiosity not an attack on you. 

Sign in to follow this