Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pow_tae_toe

Should WG ban all sub 50% wr players from randoms?

Should sub 50% wr players be banned from randoms?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Just a little poll for fun.

• Yes
    • Yes....ofc they should. Wows are for the elite only
    • I need someone to spank, so they can stay

41 comments in this topic

[TUSKS]
Players
85 posts
7,086 battles

I like to provoke bit... and just because I sense some weird , almost hostile frustration towards half of the playerbase from a lot of people here on this forum. I kinda wanted to know if you think the game would be better without all us potatoes in it.

So vote yes if you think WG should remove all sub 50% wr players.

And no.... I do not do this as a mean to justify my wr. I care abort my wr, but I'm just not better than this. Maybe lots of the low wr ppl only have a few hours a week to play

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 5

Players
2,463 posts

My friend and Clan Member is a Tetraplegic he has a WR less than 50%, for obvious reasons, but loves the game so the justification for banning sub 50% WR players from Randoms isn't there.

• Cool 9

Players
1,015 posts
3,470 battles
4 minutes ago, Pow_tae_toe said:

I like to provoke bit... and just because I sense some weird , almost hostile frustration towards half of the playerbase from a lot of people here on this forum. I kinda wanted to know if you think the game would be better without all us potatoes in it.

And no.... I do not do this as a mean to justify my wr. I care abort my wr, but I'm just not better than this. Maybe lots of the low wr ppl only have a few hours a week to play

provoking maybe... thought provoking not

• Cool 6

[TF]
Players
113 posts
1,919 battles

If you do that, after some time you would be back to the same proportion of over and under average players, so you split again and keep 1/4 of the playerbase ? Then after some time, you know... is that a new kind of battle royale ?

• Cool 5

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
279 posts
9,915 battles
14 minutes ago, Pow_tae_toe said:

Nope, but I would not mind if they banned you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Players
330 posts
5,026 battles
2 minutes ago, TeaAndTorps said:

Of course, I want everyone to be above average.

/s

Are you in the teaching profession?

[SURFA]
Players
100 posts
6,382 battles

The problem there is 

A) you would have a very small playerbase straight off, most of whom are probably the whales that keep the lights turned on, who will likely stop playing with massive drop in income for WG.

B) remaining peoples WR will average out and some of those will start to drop below 50%, so do they now drop out.

C) repeat B.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
805 posts
2,665 battles
Just now, bobtherterrible said:

Are you in the teaching profession?

I am not, but I might or might not be satirising a former British Secretary of State for Education, one Mr M. Gove.

• Funny 2

Players
2,463 posts
Just now, DFens_666 said:

How about we ban them from ranked? :cap_yes:

How does WG get the coin from all of the Prem Ship sales if the Sub 50%-ers are blocked...

• Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
315 posts
5,756 battles

We need to ban people with a WR above 50% and then everyone left will win more in random games.

• Funny 10

Players
330 posts
5,026 battles

Just imagine there you are, just downloaded WOWS, been working up to the point where you unlock random battles, in you go all excited, lose the first one and that's that. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,234 posts
11,665 battles
22 minutes ago, TeaAndTorps said:

I am not, but I might or might not be satirising a former British Secretary of State for Education, one Mr M. Gove.

image.png.64668034f08815f9b6979ae6f5fa9ad0.png

13 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

We need to ban people with a WR above 50% and then everyone left will win more in random games. 

And you are hired for the leadership / as the next presidental candidate for any green or left party :)

10 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Just imagine there you are, just downloaded WOWS, been working up to the point where you unlock random battles, in you go all excited, lose the first one and that's that. 

Hey! You had a fair chance, and you blew it!

• Funny 2

Players
40 posts
4,881 battles

Banning people from gamemodes is ridiculous.

It would however be nice if the really really terrible players (you know, 10k games, 39% wr...) get a message in port every now and then informing them of the existence of co-op and that that might perhaps be a more suitable environment for them.

Players
330 posts
5,026 battles

Maybe there should be a written exam, and then a test game where your performance is judged by a panel of amazing players before you're allowed to play.

That would be so lovely.

• Cool 1

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
27 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Perfect situation from WG perspective - just reroll and buy T9 or whatever tier you want. New account made to inflate "game is growing" spreadshiet and extra monies on the account :cap_look:

• Funny 1

Players
7,234 posts
11,665 battles
4 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Maybe there should be a written exam, and then a test game where your performance is judged by a panel of amazing players before you're allowed to play. 

Ofc one needs to pay to take this exam. ITs not like getting a driving license is free, amirite?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,686 posts
11,390 battles
1 hour ago, Pow_tae_toe said:

It is a misconception. Most people in the forum actually have no issues with potatoes. The issue only arises when a potato comes to the forum to claim some nonsensical stuff, like how a yamato cannot push because it has weak amour. In actuality, if a potato needs help or has questions and phrase it in a proper way, the forumites are more than willing to help them, be it advice, replay review or i think even playing with them in game. So yeah :fish_viking:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
5,559 posts
22,154 battles
36 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Nah only ban those with sub 50% wr in ranked from ranked

Nope... this is about keeping them potatoes out of random battles, so they have to get offered a refuge to gather where they don't really annoy a large part of the playing community.. ranked is THE place for that.

I'd rather to see that limitation on sub-par players set even broader: keep all players with a <90% CoOp winrate out of CoOp battles. Can't have these people risk their health by having to do something as difficult as playing a computer game and breathing at the same time...

• Funny 2

[RNNUK]
[RNNUK]
Players
59 posts
8,662 battles
2 hours ago, Pow_tae_toe said:

No but there should be a special place for all the narcissistic "elite" players to go stroke their epeens.

I'm >50% but it causes me a lot of stress knowing what's at stake when I play, I'd rather there was no WR so I could enjoy the game and not feel bad then my team crumbles, lowering my WR.    OR the enemy team has an ace DIV way above my skill range.

• Cool 1

[TSP]
Players
15 posts
6,772 battles

New players in newly purchased ships should not be able to enter randoms immediately.

May not be too aware of it but the player is ruining the game for the rest of his team. Especially if they are in a CV. I have had terrible experiences for the last couple of weeks about either afk or clueless CV players.

But hey.. we all know WG don't care. They had been selling t10 ships for quite a while now and they wont prevent new spenders jumping into randoms.