Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
john1953

Automatic Reset Of Commander Skills.

18 comments in this topic

Players
93 posts

Thinking of using the automatic reset of all Commanders available until 15th February.

If used does this reset the skills to the recommended WG set, some of which are rubbish or as I hope leave every skill point unallocated and you start with a total clean sheet i.e all skills to be distributed.

Cheers.

[WG]
WG Staff
5,662 posts
4,464 battles
Před 23 minutami john1953 řekl/a:

Thinking of using the automatic reset of all Commanders available until 15th February.

If used does this reset the skills to the recommended WG set, some of which are rubbish or as I hope leave every skill point unallocated and you start with a total clean sheet i.e all skills to be distributed.

Cheers.

Every skill point will be unallocated, so as other mentioned, it will be clean after this reset.

• Cool 1

Players
1,068 posts
17,826 battles
31 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Every skill point will be unallocated, so as other mentioned, it will be clean after this reset.

Is there any news whether there will be another magic button before february 18th?

The question/suggestion came up in a stream and one of the "twins" said it will be checked.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles
21 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

Is there any news whether there will be another magic button before february 18th?

That would be extremely helpful: not being able to do resets from within the 'all skills' tab means that it'll be very easy to accidentally miss a particular captain/class combination.

I kind of assumed this was deliberate - if a player misses a class reset on a valuable captain, perhaps they might spend money (doubloons) to fix it when they realise...

• Cool 1

[L4B]
[L4B]
Players
53 posts
8,835 battles
2 hours ago, JG4_sKylon said:

The question/suggestion came up in a stream and one of the "twins" said it will be checked.

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

That would be extremely helpful: not being able to do resets from within the 'all skills' tab means that it'll be very easy to accidentally miss a particular captain/class combination.

I kind of assumed this was deliberate - if a player misses a class reset on a valuable captain, perhaps they might spend money (doubloons) to fix it when they realise...

Captains, I created a poll for this subject over in the Current Update sub-forum. Please cast a vote!

Commander Global Reset Before 0.10.1

o7

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles
12 minutes ago, Kogoroshi said:

Please cast a vote!

Done and done.

• Cool 1

[L4B]
[L4B]
Players
53 posts
8,835 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I don't think there is yet consensus on which builds will be the best, so this would be a good option.

Yeah, I agree.

I understand WG needed to go live for real world data, by extension we're all helping them test and gather that data, while being encouraged to try different builds. So there're bound to be some rather crapolla builds come 0.10.1. in my dock! It'd be a nice gesture for WG to provide a bit of convenience in return.

Happy hunting all o7

• Cool 2

Players
6,117 posts
11 minutes ago, Kogoroshi said:

Yeah, I agree.

I understand WG needed to go live for real world data, by extension we're all helping them test and gather that data, while being encouraged to try different builds. So there're bound to be some rather crapolla builds come 0.10.1. in my dock! It'd be a nice gesture for WG to provide a bit of convenience in return.

Happy hunting all o7

I've been trying out builds/equipment on DD's and BB's, not so much on cruisers, so don't know how they will be affected, for me the cruisers were bad before anyway. However, it seems that the rework leaves both my DD's and BB's severely crippled under most circumstances....

Players
198 posts
18,319 battles
39 minutes ago, Kogoroshi said:

Yes and no.

If it weren't for the fact that the new captain builds are sooo much more expensive** than previous ones then WG would have a better quality set of data to use as a basis for comparison.

At the moment, many players that had elite 19pt commanders, have a long, long way to go before they can get their captains back to something like what they were before.

WG could have made 21 point captains cost the same in commader-XP as the old 19 pt ones and then players would have been able provide comparable data.

** Many skills such as Priority Target have increased from 1 point to 2. And as you need to pick a (often not very good) 1pt skill first it effectively now costs 3 pts. So you now need an extra two points to get back what you had before. Oh, and guess what? Those two points to go from 19 to 21 pts only costs you the bargain price of 1.2 million commander XP. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[L4B]
[L4B]
Players
53 posts
8,835 battles
26 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I've been trying out builds/equipment on DD's and BB's, not so much on cruisers, so don't know how they will be affected, for me the cruisers were bad before anyway. However, it seems that the rework leaves both my DD's and BB's severely crippled under most circumstances....

4 minutes ago, NewHorizons_1 said:

If it weren't for the fact that the new captain builds are sooo much more expensive** than previous ones then WG would have a better quality set of data to use as a basis for comparison.

At the moment, many players that had elite 19pt commanders, have a long, long way to go before they can get their captains back to something like what they were before.

Totally agree NewHorizons, and I think that might be what Karasu's being hampered by. Same here.

I think it also depends a great deal on play style. With PT for example, the players that never used it can remain closer to their pre-rebork builds, while those using PT are down a point straight away.

I got the GK the day before the drop - at least I won't be able to miss proper secondaries! :Smile_sad:

o7

• Cool 2

Players
6,117 posts
8 minutes ago, Kogoroshi said:

Totally agree NewHorizons, and I think that might be what Karasu's being hampered by. Same here.

I think it also depends a great deal on play style. With PT for example, the players that never used it can remain closer to their pre-rebork builds, while those using PT are down a point straight away.

I got the GK the day before the drop - at least I won't be able to miss proper secondaries! :Smile_sad:

o7

At tier 10, it might be possible to go for a secondary build combining the 3+4 point secondary armament captain skills and the equipment in slots 2 and 6. How expensive and/or effective that might be, don't really know as I haven't tried it myself.

• Cool 1

Players
198 posts
18,319 battles

I reckon the free respec should last until most of the active player base has ground-out the 1.2 million CXP (per commander) required to back near to where we used to be. :Smile_trollface:

Then we can compare and contrast

1) Are commanders better than they were (I suspect not as existing skills are more expensive or less effective)

2) between different commander builds, eg BB tank or snipe or 2ndry brawler

[SERBS]
Players
552 posts
16,998 battles

The most crappy stuff about rework is you cant be retraining commander if you have less then full amount to retrain 125k, 250k, exp ,.of elite comander exp or free exp... doesnt matter you have played some games and have 30, 80, 105k on that commander you could add the difference and finish retrain ,... but now you still need 125k ,250k- 100% - to finish retraining it no matter exp on your captain.... so youre playing gimped at 0 % all games untill  youre commander collects 125k. because it would be foolish to waste exp you acumulated on that captain, thus far. and hes not even at 50% skills.

[L4B]
[L4B]
Players
53 posts
8,835 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

At tier 10, it might be possible to go for a secondary build combining the 3+4 point secondary armament captain skills and the equipment in slots 2 and 6. How expensive and/or effective that might be, don't really know as I haven't tried it myself.

Cheers, that's the build I'm running. (I think you meant slots 3 (SBM1) & 6 (AAM2))

I treat the game as an arcade game rather than a hardcore arena MMO. So regardless of the new meta I'm happy to push and see pretty fireworks launching from all around me :)

• Cool 2

Players
198 posts
18,319 battles
On 2/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, RepSrb said:

The most crappy stuff about rework is you cant be retraining commander if you have less then full amount to retrain 125k, 250k, exp ,.of elite comander exp or free exp... doesnt matter you have played some games and have 30, 80, 105k on that commander you could add the difference and finish retrain ,... but now you still need 125k ,250k- 100% - to finish retraining it no matter exp on your captain.... so youre playing gimped at 0 % all games untill  youre commander collects 125k. because it would be foolish to waste exp you acumulated on that captain, thus far. and hes not even at 50% skills.

Actually you can also look at this as (yet) another CV buff, as they have less steps, and therefore less retraining, in their tech-tree lines.

Sign in to follow this