Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

CV fighter skills

20 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
3,420 posts
14,119 battles

Has anyone tested these?

Im about to try the tier 1,2 and 4 skills to see how effective I can be in controlling spotting and defending my team.

I will be using the enterprise due to its large number of fighters. My theory is: If it’s ineffective on enterprise, it will not work on any other CV.

I will use the squadron consumables mod for 50% longer fighter duration.

I missed out the tier 3 skill as I’d like to be able to spot and melt fighters that try to spot the destroyers.

I will post my experiences.

Has anyone else tried these skills?

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[TEPES]
Players
147 posts
4,445 battles

in my opinion they are all worthless because 1:they cost too much 2:interceptor skill is legit a downgrade for 3 skill points

spend your points on anything else you want dmg/survivability on your planes and spending limited captain points on skills that most of the time won't even do anything is not very cool, i think its funny how wg lets you spend 10 captain points to make your fighters do their original purpuse(and nerf them in process) lmao

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,420 posts
14,119 battles
10 minutes ago, leonport said:

in my opinion they are all worthless because 1:they cost too much 2:interceptor skill is legit a downgrade for 3 skill points

spend your points on anything else you want dmg/survivability on your planes and spending limited captain points on skills that most of the time won't even do anything is not very cool, i think its funny how wg lets you spend 10 captain points to make your fighters do their original purpuse(and nerf them in process) lmao

Yes, the interceptor skill looks like a downgrade to be honest

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
5,630 posts
4,464 battles
Před 13 minutami CastorTolagi řekl/a:

Funny that WG still calls these planes Fighter when they are Spotter

If you talk about Interceptors, which are basically not even attacking enemy Fighters, they are even being renamed to Interceptors.

Před 16 minutami gopher31 řekl/a:

Yes, the interceptor skill looks like a downgrade to be honest

They are much different as they are mostly passive skills, but gives an option to have bigger patrolling area, while cannot be shot down by enemy fighters.

[SHAD]
Players
3,420 posts
14,119 battles

Well, not worth it.

Got a 8 and 7 plane kill game, enemy CVs know to stay away from fighters. The enhanced reactions is no where near as strong as I thought it would be. 

Squadrons can still fly through and press F without taking many losses at all.

I might keep the 10% wider patrol bonus of "search and destroy" as it's only 1 point but that's it.

I expect it might be effective against an FDR as it's planes are slow but most planes will just fly straight through as they do without.

I must admit, I envisioned surrounding my friendlies with fighters, keeping them safe, and receiving endless praise from my team mates.

This is not the case.

I'll go back to blowing things up....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,255 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

If you talk about Interceptors, which are basically not even attacking enemy Fighters, they are even being renamed to Interceptors.

No I'm talking about that CV fighter are only good for using as spotter and nothing else.

So using the Interceptor skill is compleatly pointless.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,754 posts
7,438 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Has anyone tested these?

Im about to try the tier 1,2 and 4 skills to see how effective I can be in controlling spotting and defending my team.

I will be using the enterprise due to its large number of fighters. My theory is: If it’s ineffective on enterprise, it will not work on any other CV.

I missed out the tier 3 skill as I’d like to be able to spot and melt fighters that try to spot the destroyers.

I wouldn’t call it testing. 

I am playing around with an alternative Air Superiority captain for Enterprise but honestly it doesn’t seem to be a viable build.

Basically it just reduces your core CV competences and the gains are situational as better players will play around it anyway 

• Cool 2

[SPURD]
Players
800 posts
5,962 battles

No, but I've fought people who do this and I don't think flying at the enemy planes to press interceptor all game achieves anything but a dumb loss.

• Cool 1

Players
906 posts
6,026 battles
5 hours ago, gopher31 said:

you cant. npcs can ignore you. let alone players.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, SkollUlfr said:

i put enhanced reactions on ranger, went into pve raptor, and noticed a few things.

1 the summon fighter despawns after shooting down 2 or 3 planes. pretty consistently.

2 AA can shoot down summon fighters before they spawn.

the cause of 1 might be that the fighters are overshooting their target, at least thats what it looked like as i tried to watch.

but im respecing and doing no further tests on this dumpster fire of a perk.

for a perk to be, inefficient is one thing. but this basically removes summon fighters from your ship.

given most of my fun in cv is frustrating the opponent with these fighters. clearly it is not a perk i will be using.

"the results of your work are the opposite of your stated goals, good sir."

these abilities are a useless waste of points outside the extra charge of fighters.

5 hours ago, gopher31 said:

pointless. your fighters will just despawn with more time on the clock.

[SHAD]
Players
3,420 posts
14,119 battles

It's just a little disappointing that CV play seems to be each CV attacking ships and ignoring each other. 

I did enjoy ranked where I could nail Midways with AP rocket salvos but finishing them off was never really on the cards.

[THROW]
Players
189 posts
9,257 battles

They are useless and, by taking them, you:

- gimp your team by providing 0 spotting

- should stay away from games with me or I'll hurt your feelings

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,687 posts
20,957 battles

Even assuming a fighter build is actually effective, it is still worthless because

On 1/22/2021 at 11:49 PM, El2aZeR said:

In the end, sure, you may have defended your teammate against the CV, but often he will just die to something else a minute later because average player skill is just that abysmal. Meanwhile if the enemy drops a fighter over a lone target that you need to take out you cannot despawn it too, meaning for no investment he can actually play the same defensive game as you are because you have excluded yourself from the ability to do anything about it. It's also not necessarily in your best interest to always be active on the flank the enemy CV is active at. And finally there are too few CV players that are dangerous enough that you would need to defend your team against them quite frankly.

Thus given the fundamental basics of the rework I still see no use for a fighter build compared to a fully offensive one given that it will always be far more situational and thus lose more matches comparatively. Even if it does work perfectly in one match where you win because of it, you may lose 3 in return because your offensive potential was lacking.

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles

When you have 1p left and you already have the 5% regen bonus, the bigger fighter radius is worth considering over stuff like 10% speedboost. 

That's it for me though. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,644 posts
9,323 battles

Found one who had those fighter planes with the square symbol.

Not impressed though. I scored 130K in FDR in 7 minutes, then we won. 

Almost managed to kill g him (he went too far forward) but a teammate took him in the end.

I dunno what that is. But nowadays you can even win with zero damage, well hell. 

Lucky for me I have some clanmates that you can have a good laugh with. 

Or else I might actually start to get depressed. The stupid crap that happens... man... :Smile_trollface:

[TEPES]
Players
147 posts
4,445 battles
23 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

They are much different as they are mostly passive skills, but gives an option to have bigger patrolling area, while cannot be shot down by enemy fighters.

But like the upside of a 3 point skill  is  a 1 point skill, so you pay 2 skill points to make your fighters can't attack enemy fighters,this means if an enemy cv puts fighters outside your or ally ship aa range and spots them you can do nothing to destroy them,or if an enemy cv puts fighters onto an enemy dd with aa turned off you cannot destroy them,also your planes do not spot ships which is makes them useless for keeping large ships spotted and help spot and hunt dds. This skill is the nerf the community been asking for and you make it a 3 point skill,really?

[-OOF-]
Players
416 posts
7,110 battles
On 2/12/2021 at 9:31 AM, gopher31 said:

Has anyone tested these?

if you're dropping the 3 point skills and flight control mod it's absolutely not worth it.

[-OOF-]
Players
416 posts
7,110 battles
19 hours ago, gopher31 said:

It's just a little disappointing that CV play seems to be each CV attacking ships and ignoring each other. 

I did enjoy ranked where I could nail Midways with AP rocket salvos but finishing them off was never really on the cards.

if you "nail" a CV but never finish it off all you've done is waste time so objectively speaking you're pretty much throwing.

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
485 posts
11,111 battles

Fighter consumable is more like a deterrent, not common to get many plane kills with them

[SHAD]
Players
3,420 posts
14,119 battles
11 hours ago, Lordcrafty said:

if you "nail" a CV but never finish it off all you've done is waste time so objectively speaking you're pretty much throwing.

You are right of course.

I was hoping for my two thunderers to shoot it but they were too busy cooking battleships.

Sign in to follow this