Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanSilverwing

WOWS "Coming Soon" to Epic Games Store

57 comments in this topic

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles

More potatoes?

Great, we definetely need those! Amount of decent players is way too high ... :cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,622 posts
6,078 battles

More like Epic Fail store.<.<

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,895 posts
10,504 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

More potatoes?

Great, we definetely need those! Amount of decent players is way too high ... :cap_old:

Might as well give them some free thunderers while we are at it, eh? 

• Funny 7

[0KILL]
Players
84 posts
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

More potatoes?

I hope it is not gonna be like cross platform game mixting pc and console players...of those we don't need even if we would have an advantage on them probably...

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,409 posts
12,259 battles
5 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Might as well give them some free thunderers while we are at it, eh? 

with built in dead eye?

as a bonus I mean

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
3,370 posts
17,633 battles
8 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

More potatoes?

Well, in the past WG needed those good players to explain how to play the game.

Now they have the likes of NoZoup for that, so good players are no longer needed.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
345 posts
6,478 battles

WG will find out the hard way that no matter where you promote a bad game, it will still remain bad.

And WoWs has become a very bad game if you are not a very good player.

Players
702 posts
7,340 battles
1 hour ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

WG will find out the hard way that no matter where you promote a bad game, it will still remain bad.

And WoWs has become a very bad game if you are not a very good player.

Except I (kind of) disagree 

Compare these two products:

A. A niche game, easy to pick up, hard to master, with occult terms like Sigma, overpenetration, angle of impact. A difficult but rewarding game - if you spend the time (3 thousand battles or so) to learn it.

B. A quick-to-learn game, without overcomplicated theory. Pew pew is fun and look! You can buy shiny ships that look like crocodiles and are captained by really age-appropriate women! And every couple of months, you can get more surprises inside glittering Kinder-eggs! I mean, lootboxes. How exciting!!!!

Which game will generate more revenue?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
180 posts
2,417 battles

All the people who are on EGS play Fortnite or just activating free games (or both). I doubt that will attract anybody

• Cool 1

[210-F]
Freibeuter, Alpha Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
217 posts
9,259 battles
Am 12.2.2021 um 13:56, DinkyDi sagte:

All the people who are on EGS play Fortnite or just activating free games (or both). I doubt that will attract anybody

or WG get money from Epic + the client probably allows existing accounts without the need of WGC so its better than the steam version.

The big shitstorm will come if the WoT Steam version allows existing accounts without workaround

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,530 posts
26,146 battles

There are going to be epic potatoes in the game too, besides steamed potatoes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
12 minutes ago, 22cm said:

There are going to be epic potatoes in the game too, besides steamed potatoes.

Not like the non-steam players are any better to be honest. Too be fair im surprised peegee didn't bother with epic earlier really.

GG bois.

• Cool 1

[OHRIP]
Players
1,186 posts
9,897 battles

I see an influx of fresh cash, that should fund the Russian CV line with two branches.

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,573 battles
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Not like the non-steam players are any better to be honest. Too be fair im surprised peegee didn't bother with epic earlier really.

GG bois.

epic was not relay too popular against steam ,now that they give away free games  more and more users start use that soo why not add wow's to there too

• Cool 1

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
Just now, gabberworld said:

epic was not relay too popular against steam ,now that they give away free games  more and more users start use that soo why not add wow's to there too

True, for indie devs it still is due to their ability to give indie devs +80% of their income made from their games, unlike palve which takes 30%.

Can't wait for some bollocks battle royale game mode. If we are extra lucky we might get guided missiles as well for memes.

[PIKES]
Players
512 posts
11,412 battles
On 2/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, DinkyDi said:

Perhaps some new collaborations appear, then we will have a new ship line with Fortnite captains

• Funny 2

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles
On 2/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, KamiKatze_Streamer said:

it will be like steam that you can not transfer old accounts to epic so as always we old beta players are screwed 

Realistically, Epic have to get their 30% cut somehow. So an Epic Premium Store is going to be implemented with Epic-only items. Had they simply allowed users to link their existing accounts then players can by-pass Epic all together and buy everything from Wargaming who can afford to undercut Epic.

That's exactly what Epic did to Apple when creating a web store for Fortnite to undercut in-app purchases. Apple retaliated by removing Fortnite from their app store, and now there's a huge lawsuit about it.

Everyone moans about massive Steam discounts being better than WG, but that is Valve's decision. For the majority of the time Steam DLC are not discounted, and are definitely not value for money. For the majority of Steam users who are geolocked and cannot register their accounts they are excluded from the WG store and either have to buy over-priced DLC, do without, or wait for a discount that may or may not happen again.

Surprisingly I never hear moaning about regional pricing, whereby creating an account when you live in a poor country but later move to a rich country, or use a VPN to appear to be from a poor country, so you can benefit from WG discounts in the region of 90%.

Epic do offer some discounts, sometimes, but I don't know whether they are tracked. We don't yet know what WOWs products will be offered or how much Epic users will be charged. What we do know is that new users creating an account cannot benefit from existing WG invite codes, and there is no communication regarding becoming a Shipmate/Recruit. If Epic users also cannot register their accounts with Wargaming then there will be further inequalities between the different platforms. Honestly, after all this time I would offer those new players a sweetener to level them up a bit.

Anyway, the test phase for implementing the Epic Games Store client is underway, and it's just like Steam. With one important difference:

Epic do not have a games forum.

Whenever there are Steam technical issues, players post their issues here, and on Reddit, but never specify they are using the Steam client. Non-Steam users have no clue what they're on about and cannot help. I've only been able to deduce they were Steam users from having the same issue or having had a similar issue in the past, or have read a post about a similar issue. I always help if I can and recommend they go to the Steam Community discussion board as primary for technical help.

New players coming to WOWs via Epic will not have such a dedicated forum. They will need somewhere to go to for help. Who is taking the lead for that? @MrConway @Crysantos

And if you know the answer to that one, here are two more:

2. Is the in-app store going to be stocked soon?

3. How do you want to receive feedback from the testers?

Players
97 posts
1,803 battles

Good news, more players are always welcome. I also like Epic Store and their free games and their focus on better conditions for developers. On the other side, Steam is getting old and extremely greedy. I try to spend little to none money on their store and hoping to see them reaching the demise they deserve

[SHAD]
Players
3,421 posts
14,122 battles

Is anyone else doing the WOWS epic test?

I had my first game  in a tier 1 in years..