Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.10.1, second season of Ranked Battles.

40 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,021 posts
4,216 battles

Hi,

We are ready to announce the details of the second Ranked season.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,246 posts
23,343 battles

No demotions means bots and afk players will again infest gold league, now for even longer. Ranked is dead now, thanks.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,248 posts
4,129 battles

Reward changes kinda ok. Star requirements not really, still only a week for a sprint while needing more stars. Some people will start having problems in some of the Leagues ...

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles

Absolute trash changes for the worse. Clumped tiers together for Ranked is pure stupidity, the only good thing on Bronze the CV will be bottom tier. But still makes absolutely no sense combining tiers, except as always coddling and catering to the CV tiny crowd. 

Expanding the star grind by 50%, while keeping the same one week sprint is just mind boggling. It was already extremely burning out before, now nobody sane will be willing to do it every week even more. 

In conclusion we can use the obligatory sayings "what the heck are they smoking" or "are they even playing their own game?". 

• Cool 5

Players
30 posts
4,851 battles

the thing is are the rewards doubled because its a longer season or they doubled the weekly rewards? If its the first then its worse....

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
3 minutes ago, FonikiSayionara said:

the thing is are the rewards doubled because its a longer season or they doubled the weekly rewards? If its the first then its the same thing....

I understand it like this:

Duration of the season: x2

Rewards per season: x2

Stars per season: x1.5

So you will get the same rewards "per week", but will have to earn a bit less stars to get them.

They might mostly reduce the amount of starts in Gold though, let's see...

[DK-CP]
[DK-CP]
Players
13 posts
8,642 battles

the question is, are the sprints inside the season also twice as long, two weeks instead of one, or do we then get the double of sprints in the season 12 sprints instead of 6? 

if it is 12 sprints, and the stars are 1,5 more, as i see it is a nerf.

[REIGN]
Beta Tester
68 posts
19,004 battles

The number of stars required to reach Rank 1 and qualify was, on average, multiplied by 1,5.

I understand this as for each sprint, you need around 50% more star.

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles
11 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I understand it like this:

Duration of the season: x2

Rewards per season: x2

Stars per season: x1.5

So you will get the same rewards "per week", but will have to earn a bit less stars to get them.

They might mostly reduce the amount of starts in Gold though, let's see...

I think you are misreading, they are making REQUIRED stars multiply by 1.5. So it's 50% more star grind. There is no word about extending sprints, only seasons. So it looks like more grind on same time schedule. 

• Cool 1

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles

By the way I also think most of us are misreading the dev blog wording. Because at first glance it looks like they are doubling the rewards. Which I don't think is the case. 

"The duration of the season and the amount of earnable steel and doubloons were doubled." 

I think the key word in the sentence is "earnable". Because strictly logically if you double the length of the season with the same rewards as before, then you are gaining double the possible earnable amount. 

So no, in my eyes we are not getting better rewards, only 50% slower star grind for the exact same rewards. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
1 minute ago, Carandraug said:

By the way I also think most of us are misreading the dev blog wording. Becauaw at first glance it looks like they are doubling the rewards. Which I don't think is the case. 

As I said above, Duration and Rewards per season x2, so same rewards "per week".

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles
3 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

As I said above, Duration and Rewards per season x2, so same rewards "per week".

Yes but you said "less stars per week", while it's actually more stars per week :) 

[SHAD]
Players
3,426 posts
14,123 battles
8 minutes ago, Carandraug said:

By the way I also think most of us are misreading the dev blog wording. Because at first glance it looks like they are doubling the rewards. Which I don't think is the case. 

"The duration of the season and the amount of earnable steel and doubloons were doubled." 

I think the key word in the sentence is "earnable". Because strictly logically if you double the length of the season with the same rewards as before, then you are gaining double the possible earnable amount. 

So no, in my eyes we are not getting better rewards, only 50% slower star grind for the exact same rewards. 

True. I was unimpressed by the rewards last time to be honest.

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
6 minutes ago, Carandraug said:

Yes but you said "less stars per week", while it's actually more stars per week :) 

Nope.

It is x1.5 stars per R1. 

My estimation is that x2 Duration/Rewards of the Season also means x2 Duration/Rewards of each Sprint (R1). 

And instead of needing x2 stars per R1, you only need x1.5 stars per R1.

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Nope.

It is x1.5 stars per R1. 

My estimation is that x2 Duration of the Season also means x2 Duration of the Sprint. 

And instead of needing x2 stars per Sprint, you only need x1.5.

I politely disagree :)

Exact quote is " The number of stars required to reach Rank 1 and qualify was, on average, multiplied by 1,5." Which to my understanding of English means you need to earn 1.5x the previous amount of stars to reach Rank 1. Hence the word "required".

We don't know yet all the details, but based on the DevBlog there is zero info about the extension of individual Sprints, so so far it looks that's not the case.

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
Just now, Carandraug said:

I politely disagree :)

Exact quote is " The number of stars required to reach Rank 1 and qualify was, on average, multiplied by 1,5." Which to my understanding of English means you need to earn 1.5x the previous amount of stars to reach Rank 1. Hence the word "required".

Read again what I said. 

If each R1 will go 2 weeks now and give you twice the rewards, but also require 50% more stars, what does that mean???

Less stars per week and per reward. 

But as I said, I expect the stars to be reduced mostly in Gold. 

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Read again what I said. 

If each R1 will go 2 weeks now and give you twice the rewards, but also require 50% more stars, what does that mean???

Less stars per week and per reward. 

But as I said, I expect the stars to be reduced mostly in Gold. 

I understand your reasoning, but there is zero evidence they plan to double the Sprint duration. Based on the info we have, we can't assume your take is right.

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,021 posts
4,216 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Reward changes kinda ok. Star requirements not really, still only a week for a sprint while needing more stars. Some people will start having problems in some of the Leagues ...

Hi,

The number of sprints within this season will remain the same. 

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,175 posts
29,718 battles
1 minute ago, Tanatoy said:

So now the Sprit will last two weeks, I guess

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
5 minutes ago, Carandraug said:

I understand your reasoning, but there is zero evidence they plan to double the Sprint duration. Based on the info we have, we can't assume your take is right.

2 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

And there you have it.

Everything else would have made zero sense.

So as I said: +50% stars for +100% rewards.

Just now, fumtu said:

So now the Sprit will last two weeks, I guess

Yes.

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles

3 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

I stand corrected then on my take. It's just poor incomplete writing in the DevBlog then, should be updated.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,551 posts
16,307 battles
1 minute ago, Carandraug said:

It's just poor incomplete writing in the DevBlog then, should be updated.

It's just the devblog - they will explain in detail when they annouce the Season in a dedicated article.

[DKP]
Modder
385 posts
6,992 battles

How about reducing the amount of wins required for just receiving the seasons's commemorative flag?  Rank 1 is ridiculous and requires at least 9 wins (vs. 1 in comparsion to pre-rework).

[DTABM]
Players
98 posts
5,829 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

It's just the devblog - they will explain in detail when they annouce the Season in a dedicated article.

Indeed, but omitting such crucial detail is kinda silly. Because it changes the whole narrative.