Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dCK_Ad_Hominem

False Advertising Claim

18 comments in this topic

Players
1,160 posts
5,790 battles

I just completed the third stage of the Lunar New Year Missions.

The promised rewards were 3 "Journey to the West" containers, which I received. However, the rewards I received do not match the desription in the premium shop in the slightest. As name and design are the same, I am led to believe it is the identical product. As such I would like a.) an explanation and b.) proper compensation for being mislead. I sure can tell the difference between 2 and 10 (see screenshots attached). Should any WG employee try to contact me, please do so via direct message on the forums, as I will not respond to e-mails.

false advertising.PNG

shot-21.02.07_01.00.54-0126.jpg

shot-21.02.07_01.01.09-0638.jpg

shot-21.02.07_01.01.19-0682.jpg

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,160 posts
5,790 battles
2 minutes ago, the_seven_Chandrian said:

Container versus PREMIUM Container ;-) 

Both are called the same and designed the same. Legally they should provide the same content. Otherwise the word "premium" should also be added to the quotation marks in the shop as earning regular premium goods is also possible in the game and it doesn't make and differentiation otherwise. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,053 posts
9,365 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Both are called the same and designed the same. Legally they should provide the same content. Otherwise the word "premium" should also be added to the quotation marks in the shop as earning regular premium goods is also possible in the game and it doesn't make and differentiation otherwise. 

You cannot Claim Compensation for a Free Ingame Item.

There was no Transaction and thus no Contract.

The Container in the Shop is a Premium Variant with bigger Rewards.

Thats why it gets the suffix *Premium* behind the Name.

As the standard Container is neither Advertised nor Sold.

There is no False Advertisement either.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,598 posts
15,056 battles
3 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Both are called the same and designed the same.

image.thumb.png.09e5c573a989df51e2e68256f3636221.png

image.thumb.png.1e8df751cb3c7386e148e8478dd5f044.png

Not really. I'm amongst the first to break out the tar and feathers when WG pull their usual misleading advertising cr4p; this isn't one of those occasions - these are reasonably clearly different things (besides having different names, they're also different colours, and have different ornamentation).

(It wouldn't actually surprise me if someone got fired for *not* producing misleading materials in this case...)

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
3,557 posts
16,308 battles
7 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Sorry, but I think you are stretching it too far and I honestly don't get why you are so upset about this. 

As others have said, WG is doing a lot of misleading advertising, but not really in this case. 

You have been around a long time - how do you not realize there is a difference between premium and non-premium containers and notice the different looking box in shop and mission? 

[THESO]
Players
4,769 posts

There are two variants of the same container for years now. Its not only the word "premium" its also the image that is different.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,918 posts
25,916 battles

0fNr_sG1BcfN77ECjMqw2AC-bWTqMdTUlLEcQ5FP

Spoiler

pirate-booty-meme3.jpg

:Smile_izmena::Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

Players
192 posts

got my laugh when the drop from the container was 1 camo - cheap cheap wg/lesta

for next could i suggest also credits - 50k, or even better - 10k

• Funny 3

[BOATY]
Players
881 posts
15,280 battles
10 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I just completed the third stage of the Lunar New Year Missions.

The promised rewards were 3 "Journey to the West" containers, which I received. However, the rewards I received do not match the desription in the premium shop in the slightest. As name and design are the same, I am led to believe it is the identical product. As such I would like a.) an explanation and b.) proper compensation for being mislead. I sure can tell the difference between 2 and 10 (see screenshots attached). Should any WG employee try to contact me, please do so via direct message on the forums, as I will not respond to e-mails.

false advertising.PNG

shot-21.02.07_01.00.54-0126.jpg

shot-21.02.07_01.01.09-0638.jpg

shot-21.02.07_01.01.19-0682.jpg

While I would love to say Scam here, sadly I can not. It is a simple confusion but there are difference between premium and free. Well two differences actually. Lower/ weighted drop rates and lower quantities. Wg is a business and that business is based on repeat customers. In their view of how to manage their business giving away too much free stuff means they will not bring in more money. This completely ignores the fact that at it height of popularity and fiscal earnings WG did not engage in any of the predatory tactics it does now. People wanted to support the game and developers because they felt they were part of something. Now most feel used and abused. So no this is not false advertisement, but yes WG is greed AF.

• Cool 3

Players
1,041 posts

I've pretty much been ignoring free failcrates for a while now myself, I have plenty of camos and flags already so they're not much of an incentive to complete missions for (even before the Christmas Crackerov incident). It's enough to discourage me from buying the premium versions, frankly, for concern that I'll find them similarly stingy and unrewarding. As @The_Chiv said, I'd probably feel differently if there was less of a culture of aggressive monetisation in the game and more of an effort to make it attractive on its own merits...

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,602 posts
11,374 battles
5 hours ago, hypsar said:

got my laugh when the drop from the container was 1 camo - cheap cheap wg/lesta

for next could i suggest also credits - 50k, or even better - 10k

Na-ah. I want savagery.

I want them to drop Missouri and Musashi. But only those who already have it! :P

So they can get a compensation of 1 credit.

evilest.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
1,017 posts
3,512 battles
On 2/7/2021 at 7:23 AM, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

it's premium container vs. regular container, other posters are right, and the difference is noticeable.

however, since a bit before the British cruisers event last year, non-premium rewards for anything in WoWS have become laughable and totally not worth the effort, even if the game was ok... which it's not. nothing to see here.

Players
1,069 posts
17,826 battles
18 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Na-ah. I want savagery.

I want them to drop Missouri and Musashi. But only those who already have it! :P

So they can get a compensation of 1 credit.

evilest.jpg

If i were a WG employee i would adapt your idea without hesitation.

Troll level: infinitely

EDIT: i already see it..... big Twitch streamer opens 100 gifted containers and gets 1 credit compensation notification for every opened container...mUaHAhaHAhaHa

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this