Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
guy_incognito79

Proposal - slight addition to the RU split DD's

5 comments in this topic

Players
94 posts
3,825 battles

So since the Russian mini branch is a bit of a mixture of ships that don't seem to know what they're supposed to be I thought it would be nice to add 2 more to that list... but wait for it, these 2 were actually built and did stuff.

Tier 6 - Storozhevoy class - a slightly heavier version of the Gnevny with  a different superstructure setup. Should be a hybrid ship, less agile than Gnevny, same stealth setup but this would get better torpedos, 2x3 533mm launchers but with a range of 8km and similar speed/dmg to the Ognevoi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storozhevoy-class_destroyer

Tier 7 - Opytny destroyer -  A fast ship (wiki lists speed as 35kts but Navypedia has it at 42kts) so I'm not sure which is right but I'd go with the latter as it keeps with the current boats in game. 3x1 130mm guns  in A,X,Y set up and  2x4 533mm torps, range should be 8km as stock, with upgrade 9km and average speed/dmg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_destroyer_Opytny

I think both of these could be interesting additions to the mid tiers, what do you guys think?

[CATS]
Players
29,657 posts
15,312 battles

Longer splits are more interesting than short splits, especially when the ships existed.

But I am not sure if WG is interested in adding Tier VI and VII tech tree ships. They are too focussed earning money with high Tier ships.

Players
94 posts
3,825 battles

That's probably true but they may be interested in these since they are Russian, and it's also an opportunity to tidy that branch up into something a bit more presentable than the 3 random ships just shoved together it is now.

It could be - hybrid harrasser - kiting hybrid - torp leaning hybrid - gun leaning hybrid - actual hybrid.

At the moment it's - torp boat - refugee gunboat from the other line - a hybrid ... or in other words it's a jumbled mess. But I think it has potential to be a decent hybrid line.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,261 posts
4,129 battles

low tier non-premium russian DD with usable torps ? what are you smoking ? cannot be ...

Players
94 posts
3,825 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

low tier non-premium russian DD with usable torps ? what are you smoking ? cannot be ...

Well you'd think they'd take some pride in their ships, especially the ones they actually bothered to pick up some tools and build. :Smile_veryhappy:

Sign in to follow this