Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

So what is left.......

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3,528 posts

All the good ships have been removed or are in the Process of being removed from the game, you know the old favourites Missouri, Belfast, Enterprise, Kamikaze R, Kronstadt, recently JB and Smolensk went under, now the Georgia, Massachusetts, Alaska and Thunderer are going, is there anything else to look forward to other than Chines copy paste ships?

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,895 posts
10,504 battles

Oh boo-hoo. Be glad thundelel gets removed. It's simply bad for the game as it promotes passive sniper gameplay. As for the others: they're bad for the game in their own way. 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,574 battles

what pisses me off about this is that they are not actually removed, but players who not have them yet , cant get them

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,372 posts
17,633 battles
43 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

what pisses me off about this is that they are not actually removed, but players who not have them yet , cant get them

Wrong. You can always throw money at WG to obtain them from Christmas containers :cap_happy:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
10,755 posts
7,438 battles
1 hour ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

All the good ships have been removed or are in the Process of being removed from the game, you know the old favourites Missouri, Belfast, Enterprise, Kamikaze R, Kronstadt, recently JB and Smolensk went under, now the Georgia, Massachusetts, Alaska and Thunderer are going, is there anything else to look forward to other than Chines copy paste ships?

There will be always be new “good” ships and also these will be removed once they have made enough money and so on and so on 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,126 posts
12,630 battles
1 hour ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

All the good ships have been removed or are in the Process of being removed from the game, you know the old favourites Missouri, Belfast, Enterprise, Kamikaze R, Kronstadt, recently JB and Smolensk went under, now the Georgia, Massachusetts, Alaska and Thunderer are going, is there anything else to look forward to other than Chines copy paste ships?

Russian Carriers ........? Be afraid ...... be very afraid .......

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,468 posts
18,502 battles
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

There will be always be new “good” ships and also these will be removed once they have made enough money and so on and so on 

Well, there's not going to be much decent left - Tier IX Premium store looks thin, the Armory ditto. Some interesting things for Research Points and Steel, but the everyday player is left wit a load of Azumas and other uncompelling odd ducks. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles
2 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

is there anything else to look forward to

Vampire II looks vaguely promising...?

 

(Assuming it doesn't get hammered prior to release, due to insufficient Revolutionary Zeal.)

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,220 posts
9,841 battles
57 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Russian Carriers ........? Be afraid ...... be very afraid .......

 

400kts planes? Missiles (better than rockets), homing torps? what else... carpet AP bombs?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,574 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

400kts planes? Missiles (better than rockets), homing torps? what else... carpet AP bombs?

 

auto cruise torpedoes for dds , you sit at spawn and hold mouse button down rest does auto cruise   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VIBES]
Players
543 posts
18,824 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Oh boo-hoo. Be glad thundelel gets removed. It's simply bad for the game as it promotes passive sniper gameplay. As for the others: they're bad for the game in their own way. 

I've had my a** handed to me more than once by enemy Massachussetts, and I do have Alaska and Georgia (I like the latter more), but none of these feels OP to me.

 

The Thunderer, on the other hand, I feel is especially toxic: not just the accuracy, and not just the fire chance, but the handling as well, not to mention how she completely wrecks secondaries and AA.

I'd be glad if she was outright removed from the game, and the owners compensated. The current sniping meta wouldn't be half as bad if it weren't for all the Thunderers around, imho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VIBES]
Players
543 posts
18,824 battles
13 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

but the everyday player is left wit a load of Azumas

Actually I quite like my Azuma...

 

Would anyone recommend the Aegir after the rework? I'm sitting on 1.2M free xp, and I don't know whether to wait for something new to come along, splash it on the Aegir, or keep it for the Hayate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,895 posts
10,504 battles
6 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

I've had my a** handed to me more than once by enemy Massachussetts, and I do have Alaska and Georgia (I like the latter more), but none of these feels OP to me.

Massa is overall simply better than NC (past ranked season 20K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more avg dmg than NC hahahaha), Alaska is overall simply better than Buffalo, Georgia is overall simply better than Iowa. OP? Not really indeed. But defenitely stronger than their silver counterparts. You will see in the upcoming T9 CB season that the T9 premiums are used more, especially in the higher leagues.

Now kamikaze, enterprise, smolensk and belfast dont need any explanation i hope?

I am glad these ships are no longer available. Veterans probably have them all and new players have plenty of ships to choose from.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles
33 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

what else...

Hypersonic kinetic weapons?

 

Think KM AP rockets, only they vapourise their targets rather than merely doing decadent capitalist citadels...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
906 posts
6,026 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Hypersonic kinetic weapons?

pick any ship.

aim one km away.

note time to target.

do math.

EVERY ship in the game has hypersonic weapons.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,677 posts
7,760 battles

The brawlers removed.. well that is just sad but they have no place in the new meta if WG don´t do some drastic changes

Thunderer, who cares if they remove it, rubbish ship, in clever hands it can do insane damage but its not fun to play and loses many games due to no cap control

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VIBES]
Players
543 posts
18,824 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

Now kamikaze, enterprise, smolensk and belfast dont need any explanation i hope?

No, they don't.

I'd add the Giulio Cesare, as well.

 

I agree the Alaska is better than Buffalo, but tier-for-tier I prefer the Baltimore, as she can stealth-radar and she's more likely to face 15'' guns she can somewhat tank. I've had some high xp games in the Alaska, but she never really "clicked" with me...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XITAX]
Players
102 posts
6,537 battles
3 ore fa, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

Oh boo-hoo. Be glad thundelel gets removed. It's simply bad for the game as it promotes passive sniper gameplay. As for the others: they're bad for the game in their own way. 

This. Plus considering that an AP Thunderer actively supporting cruisers during the push can unleash hell over enemies. The always snipe tactic is a bad one trick pony, works just if the rest of the team is capable of doing some actual work over the map.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
64 posts
18,436 battles
2 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Russian Carriers ........? Be afraid ...... be very afraid .......

what do you think the testing of skip bombing is for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,116 posts
20 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

The brawlers removed.. well that is just sad but they have no place in the new meta if WG don´t do some drastic changes

Thunderer, who cares if they remove it, rubbish ship, in clever hands it can do insane damage but its not fun to play and loses many games due to no cap control

 

 

In my capable hands, they weren't ever brawlers, more like butter tubs. :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BASIC]
Players
723 posts
21,372 battles
5 minutes ago, Arctic_enchilada said:

what do you think the testing of skip bombing is for?

They will have guided nuclear missles, bombs are for p*ssies

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,126 posts
12,630 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

 

400kts planes? Missiles (better than rockets), homing torps? what else... carpet AP bombs?

Im guessing that after 10 rocketstrikes new Russian CV Legendary captain till prock the MOAB from Call of Duty (Mother of all BOMBS) and the game will end. Probably EMP Bursts as well making all ships sit dead in the water. Fun times...... 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×