Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pavefave12

ITALIAN CRUISERS NEED BUFFS

28 comments in this topic

[ODDJU]
Players
3 posts
1,245 battles

is it just me or does italian cruisers suck. SAP only work good on dd and cruisers and same with AP. I play with teir 6 Trento now and i cant even pen teir 5 battleships with ap. Itallian crusier need better reload time, i mean 21 seceonds to reload a 203 mm gun on teir 10, are the reloaders retarded? Concelment need to gett buffed as well, Trento get detected from 14,1 km, thats like a bb. Italian crusier is like bb without big firepower. what do you guys think? do italian cruiser need to get buffed or do i just suck as hell.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,226 posts
9,841 battles

No, they are generally fine. The problem is, they arent beginner ships. As you found out, shooting BBs might give mediocre damage, thats why you need to know where to aim, especially on low-midtiers. Hightiers it gets easier, because BBs have generally the all-or-nothing armor scheme, which makes them rather vulnerable to SAP.

Concealment aint that great, but they have that emergency smoke to compensate for that, so even if they get into trouble, they can get out of it thanks to that.

Venezia needs that insane reload because it has 15 guns, its still insanely strong and hard to kill.

• Cool 4

[BOATY]
Players
878 posts
15,249 battles
4 minutes ago, pavefave12 said:

is it just me or does italian cruisers suck. SAP only work good on dd and cruisers and same with AP. I play with teir 6 Trento now and i cant even pen teir 5 battleships with ap. Itallian crusier need better reload time, i mean 21 seceonds to reload a 203 mm gun on teir 10, are the reloaders retarded? Concelment need to gett buffed as well, Trento get detected from 14,1 km, thats like a bb. Italian crusier is like bb without big firepower. what do you guys think? do italian cruiser need to get buffed or do i just suck as hell.

The Italian line is a bit rough before t7. After t7 it gets a bit more powerful. Also if your sap is not doing much to t5 bbs you are probably aiming poorly. Pretend it is HE and try to land it in the super structure. At t10 Italians can easily blap 15k on bbs or more. I suggest you learn more about positioning before calling foul about lack of impact.

• Cool 3

Players
1,950 posts
5,144 battles

Its not difficult

Reload bad because ship comes with magical shells that do AP levels of damage from any angle on any part of any target.

Concealment bad because ship comes with invisibility potion.
Also you one-shot DDs

[BOATY]
Players
878 posts
15,249 battles
1 minute ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Its not difficult

Reload bad because ship comes with magical shells that do AP levels of damage from any angle on any part of any target.

Concealment bad because ship comes with invisibility potion.
Also you one-shot DDs

if you can aim

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

The line is a big bag of crap until tier 8. 

After that they are good. Even with the Ven nerf, it's still worth it. It was THE meta in Clan Battles not that long ago..

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,916 posts
10,103 battles

They're pretty bad until you get to amalfi yes.

[CAIN]
Players
4,898 posts
20,476 battles

No, they don't. 

If your aim is good and you know where to shoot, Italian CAs can wreck BBs.

There's a reason why I don't reset any other line except Italian CAs (15 times so far).

Like all cruisers at the moment, they suffer from the "WG gave me dead eye, therefore I must play like a pu**y" meta.

Still, it's the one cruiser line that is enjoyable to play right now.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,597 posts
11,364 battles
16 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

No, they don't. 

If your aim is good and you know where to shoot, Italian CAs can wreck BBs.

There's a reason why I don't reset any other line except Italian CAs (15 times so far).

Like all cruisers at the moment, they suffer from the "WG gave me dead eye, therefore I must play like a pu**y" meta.

Still, it's the one cruiser line that is enjoyable to play right now.

I am not saying you are wrong but it is reaaaaalllllyyyy hard to perform good and help your team in a Pasta Cruiser if you want to win the game. Sure it depends. If the game is DD or cruiser heavy then it is possible but if there are more than 3 BBs and/or strong HE cruisers then you are basically powerless.

T8 is the first one where you can start actually doing something and supporting the team. Before that it is even hard to stay alive and deal damage. Yeah sure you can surprise some DDs or some cruisers but a couple of overpens from BBs and you are out of the game. Those BBs have small structures where you can achieve some damage as 80-90% of their hull will just shatter your shells.

T8 is okayish. T9 gets okay and T10 is fun. But the rest is utter garbage even if they are beautiful.

This is why I generally hated the idea of SAP. You nuke DDs and struggle against BBs up to T9. It is impossible to balance...

And now they are adding the stupid BBs with massive amount of guns and stupid SAP and stupid smoke... Like they needed it... It is going to completely throw the game out the window...

Players
10,325 posts
12,044 battles
3 hours ago, pavefave12 said:

Pepperoni cruisers is perfect example of a line that... encourages spending Free Exp simply to skip "unfun" parts.

And unfun parts for midtier cruisers consist of lacking broadside weight of higher tiers and "armored-all-around" armor layout being very common on midtier battleships. As you go tiers up, amount of barrels on board improves and more and more ships shift towards all-or-nothing armor scheme, against which SAP is very effective. Similar issue with British light cruisers until tier 7.

Have no illusion, WoWs is in full "lets milk players" stage, times of "lets make fun game" are long gone.

• Cool 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
43 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Have no illusion, WoWs is in full "lets milk players" stage, times of "lets make fun game" are long gone.

This ^^^ :cap_tea:

[XITAX]
Players
102 posts
6,537 battles
6 ore fa, pavefave12 ha scritto:

Full SAP salvos over BBS do a TON of damage. 

The tech tree starts getting fun from Zara upwards. Zara is a good flanker, not op but sure can develop some serious hits over various enemies. Amalfi is a bit more of the same, Brindisi feels like a major upgrade and teaches you properly for that beauty that is Venezia. 

[XITAX]
Players
102 posts
6,537 battles
6 ore fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

No, they are generally fine. The problem is, they arent beginner ships. As you found out, shooting BBs might give mediocre damage, thats why you need to know where to aim, especially on low-midtiers. Hightiers it gets easier, because BBs have generally the all-or-nothing armor scheme, which makes them rather vulnerable to SAP.

Concealment aint that great, but they have that emergency smoke to compensate for that, so even if they get into trouble, they can get out of it thanks to that.

Venezia needs that insane reload because it has 15 guns, its still insanely strong and hard to kill.

This. 

And the smoke is the perfect get out of jail card that allows to become the new Houdini. As Houdini tho, avoid getting punched in the belly too hard, it could be deadly.

Players
1,154 posts
5,790 battles

I haven't played them, but suggesting Venezia isn't a completely broken mess. ... I hate that thing so much and would actually like to see a nerf for her. 

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,916 posts
10,103 battles
14 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I haven't played them, but suggesting Venezia isn't a completely broken mess. ... I hate that thing so much and would actually like to see a nerf for her. 

She already got nerfed like 2 times. Though she is still quite strong.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,226 posts
9,841 battles
33 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

She already got nerfed like 2 times. Though she is still quite strong.

They should have just removed 1 turret... the alpha is just way too high. If you catch a Cruiser/DD in bad turns, 15 barrel SAP is just way too strong.

Players
1,154 posts
5,790 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

They should have just removed 1 turret... the alpha is just way too high. If you catch a Cruiser/DD in bad turns, 15 barrel SAP is just way too strong.

This plus no citadel plus get out of jail free smoke. 

[BS4]
Players
1,425 posts
7,866 battles
18 hours ago, pavefave12 said:

Ok i can testify to coming on here a while back saying they suck, but actually it was my fault because they are a very different animal to play. They are long range cruisers. There is a reason they have spotter plane consumables and 14 klm detection. As the other guys have said they only start to get interesting from tier7-8 and up where you actually start to have some impact on the game. You can tend to OVEREXSTEND in these things because your/we are used to playing cruisers closer in, that's why you have smoke to get you out of dodge or to Island hop in complete cover whilst taking out cruisers and dd's. which is great imo. When you get the hang of playing these cruisers from an unusually extended distance they can really punish things with there SAP at higher tiers BUT they are prone to inconsistency depending on the situation imo.