Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
triumphgt6

Pinkness

15 comments in this topic

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,234 battles

After not being pink for about a year or longer, I have now been pink 3 times in 2 days! I have been chasing the 5 Epoch campaign and normally play these in Co-Op as didn't want to go seal cubbing. However my first pink was in a tier 9 Random when I torped a close by BB with my fletcher, killing him. One torp missed however and about 10km later hit a friendly BB - to be fair, I had not seen one had missed and thought nothing more of it till Jingles announced I was being penalised for being an arse - I of course apologised. I worked off the 2 game penalty chasing the campaign and thought nothing of it - I rejoined the mayhem of Randoms in my favourite Fiji, and responded to call for help from a friendly Fujin who was being closely engaged by a Nurnberg - my salvo bracketed the Nurnberg, now sinking following some excellent attention from the Fujin who had executed a drive by - and as you probably have guessed took 2 of my shells aimed at the Nurnberg! Pink again! Apologised - we had a good chat in port chat - all very friendly - thoroughly nice chap - had not sunk him and we won - modesty forbids more details - and once again I retreated to Co-Op where I was inadvertently shot by a Kaiser - completely accidental and he went pink - I commiserated. Once again not pink went into my last Danae battle - finding myself surrounded at one point (was playing aggressively to get hits ) I torped two ships within a couple of kilometres in about 5 seconds and then died only to hear Jingles again refer to me as something derogatory and get a 4 battle penalty! A Russian bot BB had steered seemingly deliberately into the one torp that had missed! I refrained from apologising on this occasion and went and burned things in my Fuso in Co-Op - back to normal colour but wondered if rules had changed as certainly been accidentally shot before and not seen the culprit go pink and even taken the odd torp  with much the same result. Didn't kill anyone I am pleased to say but certainly made me wonder if I had suddenly developed psychopathic tendencies! Will keep them in kerb - resolved to play the Albany which as well known is unlikely to hit anything anyway! :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
6,115 posts

I take it you don't look pretty in pink. :Smile_trollface:

You have to be careful out there, with a battle count like that I wouldn't say learn to be careful because you stay off-pink most of the time. You need to pay attention to your 'situational awareness'. Also, the one mistake that often make is expect rational behaviour from my team mates.... :Smile_unsure:... don't ever do that mistake in the randoms (or Coop, even the bots act more predictably than the humans)! :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,234 battles
50 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I take it you don't look pretty in pink. :Smile_trollface:

I don't know - quite fetching really! Often wear pink shirts to work! Though luckily not after killing anyone (I am a doctor!) I guess just a bad run - I am always as careful as I can be with torps but confess I was surprised to go pink when the stray shell hit the Fujin! I did send him a little something to show my contrition though!

• Funny 2

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,247 posts
16,100 battles
4 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

I don't know - quite fetching really! Often wear pink shirts to work! Though luckily not after killing anyone (I am a doctor!) I guess just a bad run - I am always as careful as I can be with torps but confess I was surprised to go pink when the stray shell hit the Fujin! I did send him a little something to show my contrition though!

Well s@t happens, from time to time. Just avoid it. 

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,234 battles
5 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

welcome to co-op.

open nostril, extract brain.

I remember when I started thinking the bots were difficult to play against! :Smile_veryhappy: Only play now for targets when tired as they are so predictable. I also use Co-Op when trying a ship for the first time to get the feel of her. I do understand why people play it though - no salt and less problems when someone decides to go rogue!

Were you around for the short time when they buffed the bots? - that was a more exciting game!

Players
3,533 posts
20,662 battles
2 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

chasing the 5 Epoch campaign

Possible reason why you are a bit less careful then usual perhaps: Too eager?

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,234 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

Possible reason why you are a bit less careful then usual perhaps: Too eager?

Probably - and in Co-Op but the Fujin hits were random and me trying to help! I think I chalk that one as just bad luck and dispersion. I was 12km away and I thought he was going to die without help. 

Players
906 posts
6,026 battles
20 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

I do understand why people play it though - no salt and less problems when someone decides to go rogue!

Were you around for the short time when they buffed the bots? - that was a more exciting game!

i do remember the operation bots being smart for a while, and remember the forum discussions about co-op bots... but cant actually remember playing against them.

weegee failed to consider that players where conditioned to perceive co-op bots a given way when they buffed them, and reverted the changes before that conditioning was eroded and perceptions corrected.

seeing mighty spreadsheet recording numbers but not really considering why. 

it would be so easy to implement difficulty options, unlocked based on last 4 results, to make co-op more interesting. 

i remember suggesting high level bots take over from afk's(no reward to the absent player obviously) to reduce impact on teams though.

Players
6,115 posts

I remember when I started thinking the bots were difficult to play against! :Smile_veryhappy: Only play now for targets when tired as they are so predictable. I also use Co-Op when trying a ship for the first time to get the feel of her. I do understand why people play it though - no salt and less problems when someone decides to go rogue!

Coop is the optimum way of completing some missions, especially for campaigns and dockyard events etc. This makes people somewhat 'focused' in Coop, and being too focused on your mission can make you a little careless and too self-conscious in the game. Guilty of this myself, but don't tell anyone...:Smile_hiding:

[UNNF]
Players
202 posts
15,953 battles

Hm, always been suspicious on doctors wearing pinky ( unless female, but still ) :cap_hmm:

I presume things are now more easy going and convenient in case of friendly fire ( on colleague, patient, manager ) with all this Covid around . And very smart - you can not turn pink, if you wear pink already. :cap_old:

On the serious side as Europizza already suggest grinding a mission campaigns and too eager is the key - try enjoy the game and rush slowly. Good luck !

[IDDQD]
Players
702 posts
14,775 battles

Pink is the favorite color of most men. That's how God wanted it to be.

Beta Tester
3,382 posts
3,939 battles

This...

Spoiler
6 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

After not being pink for about a year or longer, I have now been pink 3 times in 2 days! I have been chasing the 5 Epoch campaign and normally play these in Co-Op as didn't want to go seal cubbing. However my first pink was in a tier 9 Random when I torped a close by BB with my fletcher, killing him. One torp missed however and about 10km later hit a friendly BB - to be fair, I had not seen one had missed and thought nothing more of it till Jingles announced I was being penalised for being an arse - I of course apologised. I worked off the 2 game penalty chasing the campaign and thought nothing of it - I rejoined the mayhem of Randoms in my favourite Fiji, and responded to call for help from a friendly Fujin who was being closely engaged by a Nurnberg - my salvo bracketed the Nurnberg, now sinking following some excellent attention from the Fujin who had executed a drive by - and as you probably have guessed took 2 of my shells aimed at the Nurnberg! Pink again! Apologised - we had a good chat in port chat - all very friendly - thoroughly nice chap - had not sunk him and we won - modesty forbids more details - and once again I retreated to Co-Op where I was inadvertently shot by a Kaiser - completely accidental and he went pink - I commiserated. Once again not pink went into my last Danae battle - finding myself surrounded at one point (was playing aggressively to get hits ) I torped two ships within a couple of kilometres in about 5 seconds and then died only to hear Jingles again refer to me as something derogatory and get a 4 battle penalty! A Russian bot BB had steered seemingly deliberately into the one torp that had missed! I refrained from apologising on this occasion and went and burned things in my Fuso in Co-Op - back to normal colour but wondered if rules had changed as certainly been accidentally shot before and not seen the culprit go pink and even taken the odd torp  with much the same result. Didn't kill anyone I am pleased to say but certainly made me wonder if I had suddenly developed psychopathic tendencies! Will keep them in kerb - resolved to play the Albany which as well known is unlikely to hit anything anyway! :Smile_Default:

...was a nice post!

:Smile_veryhappy:

My commiserations for your frequent colour fluctuations, Captain @triumphgt6, and my compliments for handling it like a gentleman. I can relate; I've had some of my best chat conversations in this game as a result of accidental team kills performed on, or by, fellow gamers of equally good manners. Shared misfortune can bring people together, or so they say.

I have yet to torp an ally with Commander Jingles on board, however. I can just imagine his inimitable sarcasm dribbling all over my screen, letting me know that I have finally been accepted into the venerable Window-Licking Society. Usually he only threatens me with that fate, promptly declaring that "We've sunk an enemy cruiser" or some other such nonsense after I've put down a perfectly legitimate enemy target. He is a treasure to have on board, but I'm beginning to doubt if my poor nerves can take it much longer... :fish_nerv:

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,234 battles

I think it goes:

"You have been awarded a disciplinary penalty for being an arse." 

I almost always have the Jingles voice on though I keep him as commander on any particularly awful ship I can find - he may be on Emerald at present! I have pleasant chats to many people on this site after battle - often after they have killed me - many join the clan after this! I think it fair to say that about a third of the clan have  killed me! Never salty and play the game mainly to unwind - tend to avoid Tier X as more serious there!

Sign in to follow this