Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OVanBruce

About the state of Audacious

2 comments in this topic

Question

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
2,541 posts
10,450 battles

Audacious continues being a very underwhelming CV along with Implacable given the incredible limitations put on their ability to do relevant damage. It is specially bad in Audacious which has rockets with no accuracy and no penetration, torpedoes that are worse than USN torps two tiers below and bombs with not enough fire chance to justify their gigantic reticle, their low fire chance and how easy it is for all classes to minimize or straight evade any of the damage. The problems of Audacious get worse when pitched against any other tier X CV because the team having an Audacious is essentially crippled on their early game. Lately we've seen small buffs increasing the damage of the bombs (along with some extremely unjustified nerfs) but these don't adress any of the shortcomings of the CV. In order to improve the Audacious Wargaming should do any of the following:

- Increase the accuracy and pen of the rockets as well as improve the behaviour of the reticle

- Increase by a very big margin the flooding chance of the torps, to the point that on average the torps trigger 1 flood every 3 torp hits.

- Give the level bombers an smalller reticle and make the bombs fall quickier. Pretty much make them behave like Ark Royal bombs.

- Increase the penetration of the bombs to 60mm

After all this rant my question is the following: What is the next buff that WG will give to Audacious?

1 answer to this question

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles
3 hours ago, OVanBruce said:

After all this rant my question is the following: What is the next buff that WG will give to Audacious?

Decreasing detectability by 0.3 and increase top speed by +2 since this ship should closer to where the fight is going on(So I heard).

Sign in to follow this