Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Brian_Mankin

Make Priority Target free

8 comments in this topic

[-R-C-]
Players
3 posts
4,946 battles

Priority Target is such a useful skill, I buy it for all my front line ships.  It used to cost 1pt.  The commander rework increased the cost to 2pts.  I suggest you make this a free ability available to all ships.  It's always useful to know how many ships are aiming at you.

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
465 posts
19,801 battles

The worst skill for dumbing the game down. Sorry, but this skill should be removed from the game. You outsmart someone, only for the "I'm being aimed at" skill to activate for the enemy and the rudder keys are hastily pressed by the enemy player. How about zig zagging during play and being proactive about survival, not relying on being told you are being aimed at by an unspotted ship, by a skill? A lazy skill at best that does not exist in real life. Should be a four point skill if WG insist on leaving this skill in the game.

• Cool 2

[MIAO]
Players
1,797 posts
8,537 battles

if it has to be free, why shouldn't it be integrated on everyship OP?

• Cool 1

[-R-C-]
Players
3 posts
4,946 battles
6 hours ago, Gudgeon said:

The worst skill for dumbing the game down. Sorry, but this skill should be removed from the game. You outsmart someone, only for the "I'm being aimed at" skill to activate for the enemy and the rudder keys are hastily pressed by the enemy player. How about zig zagging during play and being proactive about survival, not relying on being told you are being aimed at by an unspotted ship, by a skill? A lazy skill at best that does not exist in real life. Should be a four point skill if WG insist on leaving this skill in the game.

In that case, we should remove the 'detected' indicator for the same reason.  It's a big give-away to the presence of an enemy ship.  You sneak up and spot someone only for the 'detected' skill to activate yadda yadda yadda.

• Cool 5

[4_0_4]
Players
7,967 posts
14,340 battles
7 hours ago, Gudgeon said:

As @Brian_Mankin mentioned, that already started as they made "Situation awareness" build into the game.

I remember the easy time back then as a DD, because the BB has no clue if he's spotted without the skill, and many tomatos didn't skill it, making dev-strikes easy.

• Cool 2

[PIKES]
Players
512 posts
11,427 battles

I am missing that skill OP since the 10.0.0 version. Lastly, I am paying more attention to the "detected indicator" (is free) and to mini-map| conceiling circle. Also, if you use the Income Fire Alert option (1 point) at least you have another warning for coming fire. However, as I play more DD, I prefer to use Preventive Maintenance if my captain is lower than 10 points. Two points for Priority Target skill,  I agree is too expensive.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,261 posts
4,129 battles
On 2/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, Brian_Mankin said:

Priority Target is such a useful skill, I buy it for all my front line ships.  It used to cost 1pt.  The commander rework increased the cost to 2pts.  I suggest you make this a free ability available to all ships.  It's always useful to know how many ships are aiming at you.

That's odd .... even in the old system I used PT on only a few captains that could spare the point. Mostly to know when I was being torped in a BB or some DDs ...

[BATES]
Players
978 posts
12,850 battles
On 3/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, arquata2019 said:

if it has to be free, why shouldn't it be integrated on everyship OP?

I also think it should be integrated like the detected message. It was a 1 pt skill lot of player had on quite all the ships: for example now after years I am so used to it I feel strange sailing without..but now the cost is doubled so again for more or less the same experience than before you need more points

• Cool 3