Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alex_steel_45

Cruisers are useless!

59 comments in this topic

Players
13 posts
6,076 battles

People don't  play cruisers! 

Why? Because it's  weak, useless, and stupid.

Battleships almost always one shoot any cruiser.

Devs, You must correct it already ! 

Add possibility to escape for cruisers.

To make it you need add smoke for all cruisers!!! 

5 charges, 20 sec duration.

PS: Stop remove my topics!

cruiser1.jpg

cruisers2.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,034 posts
15,003 battles

Anyone who truly believes Cruisers are ''weak, useless, and stupid'' just needs to git gud, end of story.  

• Cool 8
  • Boring 4

[RONIN]
Players
498 posts
4,696 battles

Dont you just LOVE it when you are in a tier 6 Nurnberg and you are against Tier 8 battleships... mmm ...dream come true!

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,259 posts
16,114 battles
4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Dont you just LOVE it when you are in a tier 6 Nurnberg and you are against Tier 8 battleships... mmm ...dream come true!

I love it it reminse me my favorite cateogry on some video website stareted with P.. 

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,902 posts
20,521 battles

Didn't we had this topic like a couple of days ago?

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,552 posts
26,165 battles

You didnt know? 

Deadeye Thunderer is the new cruiser! 

• Funny 5

Players
423 posts
5,228 battles

wiggle and kite

its basically the ideal situation for a nurnberg

all the deadeye buffs in the world do nothing if you changed direction

stop going in a strait line in a cruiser and then complain that a BB does its job, you have wasd to counter them

[CHEFT]
Players
12,251 posts
9,841 battles
24 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Flat braoadside at max 12-13km - they will overpen you all day long. Nürnberg has thin armor, many BB shells cant arm on that.

On the other hand, Königsberg and Nürnberg against T5 BBs like Cesare... its just like popping soapbubbles, as i can see everytime i play Marblehead :cap_haloween: ( @ForlornSailor )

Ontopic:

It really is a two-edged sword. Ill agree, for the average player, Cruisers are essentially useless, since they lack the knowledge to play them properly.

For decent players, they are still plenty strong. Now we have to ask ourselves, if that is the right thing? And i dont think it is. The game is much better if there are more Cruisers around, and that is basicly true for any class. Even DDs have a better chance for backup if there are more Cruisers out there.

image.png.e02de545a04eca233b9bffa2a6d887da.png

Doesnt look bad to me (last couple of days). Died only once in the Drake loss. Also in the Drake loss i tanked 2,4 million potential damage.

In general, im not afraid of BBs camping in the spawn when i play a Cruiser. Its easy to dodge, contrary to BBs pushing up, then i need to retreat eventually.

• Cool 4

Players
7,244 posts
11,668 battles
48 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Anyone who truly believes Cruisers are ''weak, useless, and stupid'' just needs to git gud, end of story.  

Harsh words but... true. The tiny problem I see, is, that it needs way more "git gud" as a cruiser compared to other classes to really do well these days (even compared to most DDs).

20 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I even think its the same pictures...

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
583 posts
11,144 battles
1 hour ago, Alex_steel_45 said:

People don't  play cruisers! 

Why? Because it's  weak, useless, and stupid.

Battleships almost always one shoot any cruiser.

Devs, You must correct it already ! 

Add possibility to escape for cruisers.

To make it you need add smoke for all cruisers!!! 

5 charges, 20 sec duration.

PS: Stop remove my topics!

cruiser1.jpg

cruisers2.jpg

Maybe you should a) get better at the game and learn about the game mechanics of a Cruiser and b) play a couple of hundred matches more in high tier, you are only up to tier 8 so far and that means you get a lot of games where you are mid or even low tier as a Cruiser which can warp your perception of a class a lot. You clearly do not know how to properly play cruisers and instead of working on yourself you come here and blame the game mechanics. 

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,649 posts
6,130 battles
35 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Feels more like yesterday..Of course just because he keeps remaking it doesn't make it any more true..

Players
828 posts
3,739 battles
1 minute ago, Psychological_Warfare said:

Maybe you should a) get better at the game and learn about the game mechanics of a Cruiser and b) play a couple of hundred matches more in high tier, you are only up to tier 8 so far and that means you get a lot of games where you are mid or even low tier as a Cruiser which can warp your perception of a class a lot. You clearly do not know how to properly play cruisers and instead of working on yourself you come here and blame the game mechanics. 

I am average and far from being a fully deciding team element, but by now you should know it is always the complete bots who know better and complain everything is working against their favor. Because it is far more easy than to actually observe, learn and improve. He is ignorantly climbing up the tiers thinking the higher the tier, the better the ship. Sadly enough, WG is actively promoting this behaviour and thus supports ignorance, toxicity, hate, frustration and bad sportmanship.

• Cool 2

Players
327 posts
8,131 battles

While I would limit each team to 4 BBs maximum, it is far from useless to play cruisers.  Even perceived weak cruisers like Saint Louis uptiered or Mogami at any tier are still playable although they require care and often the smartest thing to do is know when not to shoot.

Yeah they are possibly the hardest class to excel in but that's not really changed.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
813 posts
3,873 battles
16 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Harsh words but... true. The tiny problem I see, is, that it needs way more "git gud" as a cruiser compared to other classes to really do well these days (even compared to most DDs).

Or BBs are generally too easy to play - pick your poison.

WG seems to coddle those BB players a lot though, every time they face their own dangers in the game, WG takes note of those woes and nerfs IFHE, fire damage, flood mechanics, buffs dispersion (dead eye).

BB is just a braindead easy class to play atm compared to cruisers and DDs for the average player.

I'm not sure the fault necessarily lies with cruisers and DDs being "hard" per se, but BBs becoming easier and easier to play these days, so we shouldn't be surprised to see the high BB numbers.
Dev striking cruisers is apparently fine, but dear lord, HE spam and fires on our BB overlords is apparently massively OP and warrants further nerfs.

• Cool 3

Players
33 posts
2,116 battles

Cruisers are a dying breed. The idea for them to be a "jack of all trades" ship turned into a "killed by all ships". They depend on battleships. Try playing RIGA for example. Range is 16 smth. You either stand still and wait for battleships to go ahead or you go ahead alone and get melted because are slow and unmanevarable as a 20 kg sausage.

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
550 posts
27 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

The game is much better if there are more Cruisers around, and that is basicly true for any class.

My CVs disagree :Smile_hiding:
Life is much easier for CVs with less Minotaurs, Worcesters or Smolensks in battles. But yes, you are right with everything else. If teams have only very few cruisers, it's usually a steamroll for one team. Cruisers are the most versatile class in the game, which means they can react to new situations quickly, which again helps to prevent steamrolls.

Players
332 posts
5,059 battles

Looking at the data at the top of the thread, it looks like CVs are not popular enough. What can be done to support this clearly weak class?

• Funny 4

[CHEFT]
Players
12,251 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

Dev striking cruisers is apparently fine,

And then you hear BBabies and even BB unicums/CCs/Streamers say, BBs are too weak and Cruisers are OP, because they dont evaporate everytime they look at one :cap_fainting:

Yesterday i played 3 games BBs and devstruck 3 Cruisers from almost full HP... weak BB, needz buffz :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Players
813 posts
3,873 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

And then you hear BBabies and even BB unicums/CCs/Streamers say, BBs are too weak and Cruisers are OP, because they dont evaporate everytime they look at one :cap_fainting:

Yeah, that idiot NoZoup claimed as such in two separate videos last year.
"BBs are dying" and "a cruiser should die  if he messes up, but instead I get overpens" (right before he multicit a cruiser in the same video).

WG has coddled BB players to the point that BB players honestly think its their god-given right to dominate every other ship.
Imagine the backlash if cruiser/DD players had this attitude and were regularly getting buffs to reliably devstrike any BB.
The salt would be immense.

At this point I have about 0 respect for BB players anymore.
It's not the fact that they play a very strong and overplayed class, but their very attitude that comes with it.

• Cool 2

Players
423 posts
5,228 battles

dev striking cruisers is as fine as DDs torping BBs without ever getting seen

rock paper scissors

or do you expect that class counter not to get any tools to actually hurt the thing their supposed to counter

but dont worry you have HE and torps to counter your counter

BBs have... what do BBs have to counter DDs

but its probably too much to ask cruisers to dodge a bit 

with all the deadeye players you have 15+ seconds to change course 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Players
907 posts
6,026 battles
1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

only applies to high tier cruisers with heals armour and range.

low and mid tier are fodder who get focussed for easy damage. with few exceptions. especially when +2d.

they dont have the range or agility to use effectively use manoeuvring if under 15km against 2200m/s railgun shells.

especially against the aim assists on t8+

poor baby cant predict a target? lets put a 3x multi on the shell velocity.

poor baby cant get over fear of getting close? lets put cartoon sideways dispersion in.

poor baby cant put rounds on target anyway? lets give them 30meter clusters at 30km.

8 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Looking at the data at the top of the thread, it looks like CVs are not popular enough. What can be done to support this clearly weak class?

tomahawks and supercavitating torps.:cap_book:

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,251 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

What tools does a Hindenburg have to counter a DD? Essentially, most Cruisers are like BBs when it comes to "countering" DDs, and thats basicly why DDs have that high game influence. Imagine we would give all Cruisers short-duration radar, so they could actually fend off DDs, atleast somewhat.

[THESO]
Players
813 posts
3,873 battles
11 minutes ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

dev striking cruisers is as fine as DDs torping BBs without ever getting seen

but its probably too much to ask cruisers to dodge a bit 

The problem is that torping a BB for a devstrike isn't nearly reliable enough compared to the humongous damage a BB can inflict onto a cruiser.
There is a proliferation of 457mm calibres at the moment, and the travel time for shells are magnitudes lower than the travel time for torps, making torps a whole lot easier to dodge than 12 AP shells.
For an aware BB that actively avoids sitting still or sailing at constant speed in straight lines, torps aren't nearly on the same level of danger that a cruiser faces from BB AP shells.

Not saying cruisers in general are too weak, but BBs are arguably too strong and definitely too easy to play.
It's the class for people who want to dominate others and believe it is their god damn right to do so in the process.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this