Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__POWA__273

No Jolly Roger??

17 comments in this topic

[HM-RN]
Players
10 posts
21,555 battles

I read the WG news regarding the last ranked sprint. It stated that it would award pirate flag for achieving gold rank 1in the new 6 week sprint. I  put in a lot of effort to achieve this purely for the flag. No flag awarded?? WG response we no longer award the Jolly Roger in ranked. If you no longer give it why say you do in the ranked sprint information.?? Anyone else had a similar issue??

• Cool 1

[MIAO]
Players
1,797 posts
8,537 battles
1 minuto fa, Nigel_273 ha scritto:

I read the WG news regarding the last ranked sprint. It stated that it would award pirate flag for achieving gold rank 1in the new 6 week sprint. I  put in a lot of effort to achieve this purely for the flag. No flag awarded?? WG response we no longer award the Jolly Roger in ranked. If you no longer give it why say you do in the ranked sprint information.?? Anyone else had a similar issue??

i have it

Players
710 posts
7,353 battles

Damn it. If I'd known, I'd have tried harder. Not that I'd have made it, but I reached rank 3 and then fooled around with new ships. Oh well.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
448 posts
6,075 battles

That flag better be made of pure gold as a reward to endure ranked.

• Funny 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,179 posts
29,718 battles

Season 10 of the Ranked Battles, in 2018, was the last season that reaching R1 was awarded with a Jolly Roger flag. For this new Ranked, you can get a Jolly Roger achievement badge, not a flag

1234917988_Screenshot_2021-02-02UpdatestoRankedBattlesWorldofWarships.thumb.png.d70b906e087a5cf75b3e2f2044bf2a93.png

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,032 posts
14,940 battles

Diazepam badge when 

For my part I just played to rank 1 in bronze for the Nagasaki flag, not interested in the rest. Meagre rewards for too much effort. 

And, gold league sucks with zero irrevocable ranks. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem, but with the silly reset timer that sets you back, I can't rank out at my own pace, and I have neither the time nor interest to tryhard that within the few hours that I get to myself.

No thanks. 

• Cool 4

[LSCA]
Players
1,578 posts
12,574 battles

soo how the other users get those? its like for every new player who join to game, WG shows them middle finger

• Cool 1

Players
1,321 posts
20,212 battles

I got mine in the ranked season after the IJN gunboats were introduced using Shiratsuyu, when she still had both smoke and TRB. Best concealment for her tier at the time, hard-hitting guns with relatively flat arcs, torpedo spam and a way to disengage at will if things got tough, what was not to like? I tried a couple of times to reach rank 1 again later on but then I downloaded the unpacker, took a look at the flags' file, saw what the banners for multiple top rank looked like and said "nope, I prefer the basic one, thank you".

Salute.

Players
2,463 posts
1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

Meagre rewards for too much effort. 

No more Flags, No more Camos, No more League Flags for your post battle service reduction..... No real incentive to play other than sheer boredom.

[CAIN]
Players
4,898 posts
20,476 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

No more Flags, No more Camos, No more League Flags for your post battle service reduction..... No real incentive to play other than sheer boredom.

I only played until I reached silver on my main.

However,  it was awesome to grind out ships on my alt accounts, plus playing ranked in ships with no modules and 3 point captains is rather fun(ny).

• Cool 1

Players
2,588 posts
12 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Don't give up on ranked! Speciuul Crates are coming for R1 holders! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
2,463 posts
15 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Don't give up on ranked! Speciuul Crates are coming for R1 holders! :Smile_teethhappy:

I have very little patience for ranked events at the minute...

[HM-RN]
Players
10 posts
21,555 battles

Thanks for all your replies. I wont be playing ranked again ; bar quick possible bronze. The Bronze star looks more gold than the gold star which has brown in the background so a total waste of effort.

[OCTO]
Players
465 posts
19,801 battles

I have two..... :cap_horn:, and that was enough of that mode. But yes you are right, I don't understand why the flag was taken away from being rewarded for Rank 1. The decision made no sense. At the very least, reward a decent flag along with reasonable rewards. 

Players
1,154 posts
5,790 battles

I only got rank 1 once in the old system since I wanted at least one jolly Roger. Let's just say it is not really fun. 

Playing a couple of battles for easy rewards is quite nice, as is mixing up the tiers a bit. Yet, ever since cap XP for dds was reduced it is pretty much win or lose a star and bbs bore me quite quickly, so yeah, no real incentive. 

[WG]
WG Staff
5,664 posts
4,464 battles
V 2. 2. 2021 v 19:24 Nigel_273 řekl/a:

There is no Jolly Roger flag being awarded for Rank 1 since introduction of Steel. We haven't mentioned that, because it's been a very long time since that happened.

As fumtu mentioned here:

V 2. 2. 2021 v 19:56 fumtu řekl/a:

Season 10 of the Ranked Battles, in 2018, was the last season that reaching R1 was awarded with a Jolly Roger flag. For this new Ranked, you can get a Jolly Roger achievement badge, not a flag

1234917988_Screenshot_2021-02-02UpdatestoRankedBattlesWorldofWarships.thumb.png.d70b906e087a5cf75b3e2f2044bf2a93.png

You can get Jelly Roger achievement.