Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gebbly

You know its going to be a tough game when...

74 comments in this topic

[FMJ]
Players
174 posts

In a Jervis, having lost a match in which I got 0 support against an enemy DD (several enemy cruisers supporting him). In the next match at the very start I said

"If you see enemy DD please prioritise"

only response I got..."WHY"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[CHEFT]
Players
12,223 posts
9,841 battles

One more reason why we need to put all those BBabies into their own MM. They clearly are not interested in anything else but shoot bigguns from 20km while not getting disturbed by torps or HE spam (alltho this one might be an issue with certain BBs that do nothing but spam HE).

I just assume a BB said "why" because thats the response i expect from them. They dont think they need to shoot DDs because thats why they have Cruisers on the team. If they get torped because they didnt shoot the DD, theyll just blame their teammates.

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,143 posts
13,772 battles

I find that the best way to involve the bigger ships is clearly indicating what you plan to do what is in their interest. Thus: I go to A and will spot; or I will dip into C to provoke radar makes it clear there will be some juicy targets for them to shoot at. And it signals you will be useful for them so it might pay to keep you alive.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
808 posts
5,973 battles

Nobody ever shoots at the enemy DD. Heck, sometimes you play destroyer and wonder why nobody shoots at you despite all the vroom vroom sounds you have to listen to...

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
1,452 posts
17,767 battles

What you describe is the normal gameplay. It's funny how we have clans called BANCV or NOCV or CVOUT but no clans called BANBB. The longer I play, the more I find BB-mains to be the least useful players. Maybe bad players should be restricted to a separate low impact class like patrol boats. It would help their overall stats.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles
3 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Nobody ever shoots at the enemy DD. Heck, sometimes you play destroyer and wonder why nobody shoots at you despite all the vroom vroom sounds you have to listen to...

Objection, Your Honor!

When I my BBs I usually send shells up to my maximum range in direction any spotted enemy DD in my range and not obstructed by obstacles...

Nothing better do get a hit - even when it's only one shell from a slavo and it's only a couple hundred HP done - over 17+ klicks range.. tells the enemy DD that he had to watch for lead coming his way from a loooong range...

And at least at medium tier - so 5 to 7 - some (!) BBs are nicely equipped to go a-hunting for DDs (Normandie, Dunkerque and Strasbourg especially, but also a few others) when one has mastered the art of Adjusting Your Shell Type and Knowing When To Expect The Torps Coming Your Way.

Yeah, not something advised against Unicorn DDs... but against the average potato in a Fubuki seeing a Dunkerque sailing full speed - Damn the Torpedoes! - ahead towards him, with those 8 barrelholes getting bigger and bigger and pointing at it... I think (!) that some people get a slight bit nervous seeing it...

Sooo... I guess (!) those among us, who don't see themselves as "(insert whatever class here) Main" but play all classes kinda equally would (should?) not make the mistake to ignore the chance to stick some hard nasty things into an enemy DD when spotted...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,143 posts
13,772 battles

I have to say, teams are absolutely brain-dead tonight. It's bordering on insanity :cap_win:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,452 posts
17,767 battles
3 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

I have to say, teams are absolutely brain-dead tonight. It's bordering on insanity :cap_win:

It's a good thing BBs cannot hit themselves, cause they'd bloody well manage to. Seeing those teams tonight I wonder how they manage to cross streets IRL without getting run over. I'm in Ranked right now and the teams are red. Not yellow or orange any more but full red teams. It's almost like whenever I go some place else on the map I wonder if I can leave the guys on the other side of the map alone or if they manage to mess it up in the meantime ... and they do. I get down an Odin half hp, I think my 2 BBs and DD can handle that while I chase an Akizuki. No, my Asashio now starts torp rushing that half dead Odin and gets torped itself- Wow, that lack of spotting will certainly help, Asashio, not to mention the play.

When did thinking go out of fashion?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,915 posts
10,103 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

What you describe is the normal gameplay. It's funny how we have clans called BANCV or NOCV or CVOUT but no clans called BANBB. The longer I play, the more I find BB-mains to be the least useful players. Maybe bad players should be restricted to a separate low impact class like patrol boats. It would help their overall stats.

I miss the times when CVs were the main reason for hating wows.

• Funny 3

Players
6,117 posts
8 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

I miss the times when CVs were the main reason for hating wows.

I miss the times when we were yet to have a reason for hating wows....:cap_old:

[THESO]
Players
1,452 posts
17,767 battles
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I miss the times when we were yet to have a reason for hating wows....:cap_old:

I quite liked it in 2017-2018, before the rework. People were complaining about stealth-firing even then, but it was a minor phenomenon. I remember that I stayed  away from Ranked cause I thought I was not good enough and did not want to be a burden for these already small teams. There was a high level of respect for the game mode and the players who would compete in there. Now I know they are just slaves to any kind of reward.

• Cool 1

Players
422 posts
5,225 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

One more reason why we need to put all those BBabies into their own MM. They clearly are not interested in anything else but shoot bigguns from 20km while not getting disturbed by torps or HE spam (alltho this one might be an issue with certain BBs that do nothing but spam HE).

I just assume a BB said "why" because thats the response i expect from them. They dont think they need to shoot DDs because thats why they have Cruisers on the team. If they get torped because they didnt shoot the DD, theyll just blame their teammates.

got to love when im playing BB i push up to support DDs with secondaries

tank for the team, draw fire

and the Crying Cruisers are not even in weaponrange of me, and definitely not the enemy 

since cruisers are supposed to be the counter to DDs, its funny how fast you try to divert the blame 

Players
6,117 posts
3 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I quite liked it in 2017-2018, before the rework. People were complaining about stealth-firing even then, but it was a minor phenomenon. I remember that I stayed  away from Ranked cause I thought I was not good enough and did not want to be a burden for these already small teams. There was a high level of respect for the game mode and the players who would compete in there. Now I know they are just slaves to any kind of reward.

When I complain about the HE/fire problem (from a BB pov) people regularly bring up how they 'removed stealth fire'. However, IMO, back in those days HE and fires seemed to be far less of a problem than it is nowadays. Go figure.

Overall, I think the game balance was much better in the 'old days'.

[VIBES]
Players
544 posts
18,824 battles
5 hours ago, Camperdown said:

I find that the best way to involve the bigger ships is clearly indicating what you plan to do what is in their interest. Thus: I go to A and will spot; or I will dip into C to provoke radar makes it clear there will be some juicy targets for them to shoot at. And it signals you will be useful for them so it might pay to keep you alive.

I agree, that's a good attitude.

I love to help DDs when possible, but in the opening phases of a game, in a BB, I prefer to chunk an enemy BB for, say, 10k, or attempt a Dev Strike on a broadsiding cruiser (there's often one, especially at mid tiers), than to swing my turrets to try to hit a DD that's being focus-fired by my own DDs and CAs and to whom I might do 3k at best, often zero. Or which might go undetected before I fire, something that has a huge opportunity cost if that cruiser wisely decides to keep turning...

I'm more likely to take a shot if the DD is closer, or I have HE loaded, or my turrets turn quickly, but otherwise I'll usually aim at a cruiser and help my DD that way.

Also, I think it helps DDs to take RPF, as they can then decide to track down their counterparts instead of hoping/waiting to bump into them: if you can say "RPF points there: I'll go spot their DD, cover me", the BBs are much more likely to drop what they're doing and support you, as you're more likely to make it worth their while.

• Funny 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

You know it's gonna be a tough game when your in a team full of red stat muppets with 300 games in a tier 10 game.

Sorry but you know...

DO NOT rely on your team to do anything at all.  Never. Get Match Maker Monitor and THEN decide what to do, who to support and who to stay the hell away from in your team.  If your DD's are muppets, then it's 9/10 game over. 

Teamwork died in 2017-18 ish,,,

• Cool 2

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
5 hours ago, Gebbly said:

In a Jervis, having lost a match in which I got 0 support against an enemy DD (several enemy cruisers supporting him). In the next match at the very start I said

"If you see enemy DD please prioritise"

only response I got..."WHY"

So never do anything or come up with any strategy that relays on your team to do something for it to come off.  Never.  Ever.  And I used to be such a teamplayer back then, if i could hear myself now. 

The only place teamwork works and you can relay on your team is Clan Battles, providing you have a semi comp team. :cap_tea:

The meta has also crucified cruisers so the likelihood of them being close enough to support you anyway is extremely slim to none.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,223 posts
9,841 battles
12 minutes ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

got to love when im playing BB i push up to support DDs with secondaries

tank for the team, draw fire

and the Crying Cruisers are not even in weaponrange of me, and definitely not the enemy 

since cruisers are supposed to be the counter to DDs, its funny how fast you try to divert the blame 

Not saying every BB is like that, but most of them certainly see it that way. Ive heard a lot of BB players saying, its not their job to shoot DDs.

Ive openwater gunboated BBs with DDs who refused to shoot me :cap_fainting:

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Not saying every BB is like that, but most of them certainly see it that way. Ive heard a lot of BB players saying, its not their job to shoot DDs.

Mate, 3/4 of them struggle to hit a heavy cruiser in a BB, never mind a DD.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,915 posts
10,103 battles
15 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

You know it's gonna be a tough game when your in a team full of red stat muppets with 300 games in a tier 10 game.

Sorry but you know...

DO NOT rely on your team to do anything at all.  Never. Get Match Maker Monitor and THEN decide what to do, who to support and who to stay the hell away from in your team.  If your DD's are muppets, then it's 9/10 game over. 

Teamwork died in 2017-18 ish,,,

I still do teamworky stuff from time to time. But never stuff that relies on teammates. Instead I do stuff that basically forces them to be helped by what I do, if that makes sense. Like, I'll smoke up a friendly DD that lost his engines and can't repair them because I know that even if he's too dumb and tries to leave the smoke, he won't be able to, instead he'll be forced to survive for at least the next minute or so.

• Cool 1

Players
6,117 posts
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Mate, 3/4 of them struggle to hit a heavy cruiser in a BB, never mind a DD.

Anything strange about that? It's much harder to hit a small, maneuverable target than a big slow target when you got something like a 30 second reload. Do you prioritise the DD's, or the targets you know you can (more likely) hit and damage?

• Cool 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Anything strange about that? It's much harder to hit a small, maneuverable target than a big slow target when you got something like a 30 second reload. Do you prioritise the DD's, or the targets you know you can (more likely) hit and damage?

Really?

You D$N% right i'm gonna hit that DD in a Thunderer, Conq, Bourg, ect ect.  HE loaded if I seen it coming and did the DD vs DD spotting maths. AP will do if I wipe half it's health out! 

DD's win games.  The faster you take the DD's out, the quicker and more likely you win the game. You've been playing this game for a while, you should know.

30 second reload for proactively taking out a DD in one salvo is far better than 4-5 salvoes at a BB. 

Kill the DD's/Cruisers first in a BB. 

• Cool 1

Players
6,117 posts
1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

Really?

You D$N% right i'm gonna hit that DD in a Thunderer, Conq, Bourg, ect ect.  HE loaded if I seen it coming and did the DD vs DD spotting maths.

DD's win games.  The faster you take the DD's out, the quicker and more likely you win the game. 

30 second reload for proactively taking out a DD in one salvo  is far more worth it then 4-5 salvoes at a BB. 

Yes, I know DD's can decide the battle if they survive till the end.

No, I still can't hit them reliably enough to destroy them except with a lot of luck. They really get into my secondaries range, so what I try to do is hit or hamper them unless I am tracking a capital ship or a cruiser. What I'm also counting on is that ships with a higher RoF will engage the DD.

• Funny 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

13 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Yes, I know DD's can decide the battle if they survive till the end.

And the beginning, middle and especially end too.  You kill the DD and it cascades down.

1) The cruisers wont go anywhere knowing an enemy DD is around as it's in fear of being spotted and blipped by some deadeye Yam or something.

2) BB's wont push anyway just because, but even more so knowing that a DD is in front.

3) Natural reaction to losing DD's.  They camp and die like sheep. 

Ladies and Gents, THESE are the teams you get day in and day out in this game now....This is tier 9-10 games, there is no escape. 

unknown1.thumb.png.fda7f3cf29ed4245859e99672466a3a0.png

A typical tier 9-10 match.  Fill your boats, have a read and................

Roll Up, Roll Up' Sign | More Production

1st player has the FDR and hidden stats.  Guess how good he was? Not very...45% and came last in the game, just wow.

2nd player is all sorts of bad.  His first game in the Georgia and will be a lucky gem for any team he get placed in.  Next time it could be yours.

3rd player has 155 games to his name and has 4 x tier 10 ships with stats no words that can describe.  I have more damage in my tier 2 DD. 

Roll up, roll up.

3rd player has an avg fag of 0.1!! That takes some going that one.  Take a look at those stats again as seeing is believing at tier 9-10 chaps.

4th player is shocking but has least tier 6-7 avg damage stats.  He is a keeper that one.  :cap_haloween:

5th player needs no introduction, he's simply toffee.  Thank god he's brought a tier 9 Georgia with stats like those to get used to the game.

6th player is confused again, misclicking a tier 9 ship he brought instead of going into a tier 6-7 game.

7th player is good.  Yes ladies and gents, that is the bar in this game at the moment and I would be happy having him on the team. :cap_like: No really, I would be very happy in fact.

8th player doesn't disappoint with stats like those. 121 battles and has the Mino, what can go wrong and who is gonna die first? :fish_nerv:

9th player has a whopping 33814 games! Dear god above, wow.  However he/she has learnt completely nothing. All those games and has 0.2 avg frag :cap_haloween: 11,425 damage :cap_haloween: and a shocking WR! Best player on the team by far, lol.

10th player has an average survival rate of 10% and he is in a DD ladies and gents.  Any crusier wanna support that? I think not Jonnie.

11th is good.  Ah, another average player.  22 battles in the Kit with a WR of 27% in it.  At least he farms damage in the back with HE (which he did).

And finally number 12, second to die behind the Mino and how spectacular it was. Drove out of his own smoke and hit a torp. 422 battles with 5 tier 10 ships. He is the kinda DD i want in my team!

So how do you think it went? 

We butchered them and lost 2 ships.

Now this might all sound incredibly patronising and elitist, which I certainly am not, but these are the kinda players YOU get in your teams..This isn't a one off screen shot, these are your norm

So when you think someone will support you, or tank for you, or smoke for you or simply stay alive to win on points.....THEY WONT.  They have little understanding of the game never mind knowing what the spotting range of a Fletcher is or the Gimmick of the Z52.  This is tier 9-10 ladies and gents.  It gets alot worse the further down you go.

I had to kill 3.1 ships per game in ranked to pull these kinda players over the line, kicking and screaming, to a victory and even then half of them managed to throw the game. They couldn't find water if they fell from a boat. 

Tier 10 is not in anyway shape or form the end game or where "Good" players hang out.  WG themselves stated that tier 10 has no baring on skill.  Tier 2 or tier 10, they expect the same skill.

WG love it, oh they love it because punters and whales, kids and people with more money than sense will simply buy ships they are completely incapable of sailing. They don't know a thing about the game but here they are with a tier 9 ship. They then wreck the game for you, your team and any shred of quality left in this game has gone.

But hay ho, WG gets to buy up all the property in Cyprus, including it's bank and milk their customers dry until there is nothing left.  Their happy, they probably own the hotel land you will be staying in on your holidays. 

So, going off on a bit of a tangent there...Do not relay on anyone in this game but you mate.  Learn the game, try to enjoy the game, div with a good group of lads, join a clan that helps its members and have a laugh. 

Red.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Sign in to follow this