[VLOOT]
Players
341 posts
21,150 battles

Here are some I could come up with:

• Secondaries are broken
  • Brawling/pushing is broken
  • Diverse gameplay is broken
  • all the BBs have deadeye and want you to stay outside detection range so everyone hangs back (boring = broken)
  • A lot of pay, coal and steel ships lost a lot of quality after the update
  • Shirt range vessels are f*cked, like Goliath, Atlanta, anything with <17km range  (fucked = broken)
  • Ships with smoke (usually short range) are no longer functional (since everyone is the back snipping), think Mino, Smolensk, hipper,  Belfast
  • HE is broken, BBs are now so far back (out of detection range) that they repair their fire and stop shooting for a while till the repair is back up.
  • Since people huddle up in the back, CV's have trouble finding a lonely BB (pref. bad AA ones like the Kurf who no longer push)
  • BBs like the Shika and Yama hit even more like a truck. The yama has the Lengedairy upgrade WITH deadeye, massive range.
  • Ships that like rocks to park against (Moskva) will be hit even harder with the deadeye skill when spotted. So taking a tactical position is very hard. That type of play is dead too.

On the other hand, tier 7 has become MUCH more fun and the premiums of tier 7 are cheaper than 8-9-10, in 7 the secondaries still work. Probably won't be long that WG realises that people will be spending less to play with fun and since the can't fix the captains skill (they have committed to it like with the CV rework and that is still broken), so they will have to unlike tier 7 to get people to spend money on the higher tiers.

And remember people... they also did a lot of development in the fun submarines, so they HAVE to commit to that as well....

• Cool 9

[CATS]
Players
31,026 posts
15,713 battles
9 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Here are some I could come up with:

1. Secondaries are broken
  2. Brawling/pushing is broken
  3. Diverse gameplay is broken
  4. all the BBs have deadeye and want you to stay outside detection range so everyone hangs back (boring = broken)
  5. A lot of pay, coal and steel ships lost a lot of quality after the update
  6. Shirt range vessels are f*cked, like Goliath, Atlanta, anything with <17km range  (fucked = broken)
  7. Ships with smoke (usually short range) are no longer functional (since everyone is the back snipping), think Mino, Smolensk, hipper,  Belfast
  8. HE is broken, BBs are now so far back (out of detection range) that they repair their fire and stop shooting for a while till the repair is back up.
  9. Since people huddle up in the back, CV's have trouble finding a lonely BB (pref. bad AA ones like the Kurf who no longer push)
  10. BBs like the Shika and Yama hit even more like a truck. The yama has the Lengedairy upgrade WITH deadeye, massive range.
  11. Ships that like rocks to park against (Moskva) will be hit even harder with the deadeye skill when spotted. So taking a tactical position is very hard. That type of play is dead too
  1. Mine work, but could work better
  2. Still works, for some reason in many matches one team pushes very successfully...
  3. Depends on what you mean with "diverse"? point 2?
  4. None of my BB has deadeye and I know quite a few players who do not use it either
  5. doubt it and it is too early to tell
  6. the problems of short range vessel in high Tier is not new
  7. Smoke vessel work as well as before
  8. How is HE broken? It was not changed and does less damage than AP
  9. As if CV had problems... :Smile_facepalm:
  10. Only when they fight from the same range as before. If they stay further back, as you claim, they should hit the same as before
  11. you should not park your ship in the line of fire of the enemy, that is not exactly new...

@5

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b00020ca79f819719bb716a0a0a979a.png

• Boring 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

On the other hand, tier 7 has become MUCH more fun and the premiums of tier 7 are cheaper than 8-9-10, in 7 the secondaries still work. Probably won't be long that WG realises that people will be spending less to play with fun and since the can't fix the captains skill (they have committed to it like with the CV rework and that is still broken), so they will have to unlike tier 7 to get people to spend money on the higher tiers.

been saying this for 2 + years.

unfortunatly bot eye has dragged t10 tent pitching down to t5/6/7 and the amount of times t7 are +2d to face majority t9 is through the roof.

added to this, cruisers cant dodge effectivly because of 2400m/s shell velosity, so the moment you are spotted you are targeted by 6 opponents who want easy damage numbers.

couldnt bring myself to click into randoms this evening. goofed off in co-op and boring [edited]operations.

fun gone. replaced with cheese.

[L4L4B]
[L4L4B]
Players
53 posts
9,236 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Smoke vessel work as well as before

I have to strongly disagree with you there Pete. No Enhanced Smoke and stiffing the Dunkirk bros has ruined some top tactics in RN CLs and especially DDs. While not the smartest of tactics, it was fun to steam full tilt, nose on in an Icarus then smoking, slamming on the breaks and hard rudder, No way can you stay in without Enhanced Smoke.

So that diversity is gone.

My only T19 commander =  useless. My first T10 boat has the same survival chance as the Campbeltown did at St. Nazaire.

I'll continue to push, hanging back is not for me. My survival will plummet accordingly. As does my enthusiasm.

Stay smiling all o7

• Cool 1

[L4L4B]
[L4L4B]
Players
53 posts
9,236 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

I never had the need or the points for enhanced smoke. 

Fair enough.

Key word: diversity.

• Cool 1

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,022 battles

I've heard more people saying secondaries still work but almost in all times they were talking about USA ones. Don't compare them to the German ones, they don't hit anything unless you fire from kamikaze 7 km or lower range. If you play like before the patch at 10 to 11.6 km (or more, nice extra useless range, lol) you will only hit around 10% with secondaries with a full secondary build (tested with Pommern), totally useless. And I'm not only talking about hitting DDs, but they also don't hit cruisers or even enemy BBs. I'm playing almost only DD now (without Dazzle), I'm laughing and crying at the same time when I'm spotted and German secondaries start to fire at me and hit the water in a radius of hundreds of meters around me, it even looks silly, it's just visual fireworks.

[RBNT]
Players
60 posts
5,845 battles
1 hour ago, Mrs_Ragdoll said:

I've heard more people saying secondaries still work but almost in all times they were talking about USA ones. Don't compare them to the German ones, they don't hit anything unless you fire from kamikaze 7 km or lower range. If you play like before the patch at 10 to 11.6 km (or more, nice extra useless range, lol) you will only hit around 10% with secondaries with a full secondary build (tested with Pommern), totally useless. And I'm not only talking about hitting DDs, but they also don't hit cruisers or even enemy BBs. I'm playing almost only DD now (without Dazzle), I'm laughing and crying at the same time when I'm spotted and German secondaries start to fire at me and hit the water in a radius of hundreds of meters around me, it even looks silly, it's just visual fireworks.

Tested with Bismarck also, Gneisenau, Georgia. Same thing. Bottom of the bottom... Problem with Bismarck also is torp protection (lack of the same), AA and that you can kill whole ship with shoot in superstructure... :( Few nights just Ranked with Georgia and coop, I don't wanna go in Random which was fun and great and now is - ruined like Bismarck... Today I was going in Random few battles with Gneisenau and Yorck - when I saw details after battle and sec. - I just wanna cry. I cannot after all just put my Bismarck and Hipper in Randoms... :(

[RBNT]
Players
60 posts
5,845 battles

Answer on the question from up; al that you write+cruisers are in impossible situation+dd are strongest in the game (it dosn't work)+dmg is broken (ignorance of torp protection, high dmg from just one torp, etc..., possible just shooting few salvos in some ships in superstructure destroyed whole bb ship); etc...

I really can't find something good that is in this rework - just only one thing from all rework...

And yes - my capt. which is pay (10 points) and now have 17 points  just downgrades and just became "seasoned" and one of the special skill which he is got (jack of all trades)  - is gone...

National camo for my sec. build Warspite (National camo I was pay also) - Warspite just became destroyed. And then for what I need then National camo???? Mutsu sec. build - same destroyed. 

Turrets traverse... God have a mercy.... :(

Days and night played first for collection for Bismarck's camo, then for Georgia (I have her), then for Pommern (I stopped on half way colecting coal) and in the meantime go further and further in the techtree. Now I can research and FDG and Iowa and few other ships - but I didn't do it becacause all of this...

[WH1TE]
Players
13 posts
13,974 battles

I consider this as one of the worst updates. It seems to me that those who created and approved this update do not play this game.

Prior this update the game suffered from ocassional sniping and there were more and less good builds of captians.

Now the snipping always present (and I thought that the goal was to make the engagements closer) and there are only 1-2 effective builds per class (and it doesnt matter of what nation is played) .. it is a paradox... rework which provides more skill points and provides more skills in order to provide more choices results in fewer effective builds than we used to have.

The difference between nations is even more flattered - I used to play german ships as secondaries ships and it wasnt the most effective build but it was fun... now it is frustrating and I find almost hilarious, that  when I rebuilt my GK to  full  sniper build  then I do cca 160k dmg with finger in my nose.. it is utterly nonsence. Why is WG trying to make all nations exactly the same? Would it be more interesting to have set of unique skills per nation and class? We would have set of skills for japanese dds which would be perhaps more about torps and snaking and some gun skills for  gunboat jakapnese dds... german dds would have more skills related to hydro, and support role... some US ships could be again AA monsters... each nation would have its own flavor.  It would be as well easier to tweak stats if something has bad impact on a game play - instead of changing skills for all nations, it would be possible to change skill for the one nation. 

I would like such re-work probably more than this current one which I found dull and boring and destroying the whole positive experience from this game.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,597 posts
4,358 battles

My enjoyment of the game ...

Not even clanmates can get me to play regularly ...

[VLOOT]
Players
341 posts
21,150 battles
15 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Biggest loss - All my elite commanders

I had 60... And now have 2 on 21 and they are worse than when they were 19...

• Cool 2