Fluesmaekkeren

Georgia or Massachusetts

10 comments in this topic

Players
73 posts
9,755 battles

Hey all propellerheads :-)

Since both of these ships are going to leave in a short time

I was wondering witch one of the two, would be worth spendning money on, as I do not have the coal for the Georgia, sadly.

Pros and Cons preffered, and serious answers only as I am a little in the dark regarding those two ships.

Thanks in advance :-)

Players
260 posts
21,024 battles
1 hour ago, Fluesmaekkeren said:

Hey all propellerheads :-)

Since both of these ships are going to leave in a short time

I was wondering witch one of the two, would be worth spendning money on, as I do not have the coal for the Georgia, sadly.

Pros and Cons preffered, and serious answers only as I am a little in the dark regarding those two ships.

Thanks in advance :-)

Both,  but Georgia is a really fun ship at that tier.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,177 posts
9,448 battles

In the current state with the nerfed secondaries, the Georgia is the better choice as she has the far more accurate guns! Overmatching 30mm cruiser armour.

Go for Georgia.

But the Massachusetts is not a bad ship at all. But still not as fun or good as Georgia. 

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,066 battles

I have both and I can say Georgia is 100% more fun to play especially in the current state. Can be built for 23km range and hitting things around quite easy if you get used to slow velocity shells. Also can be reverted to secondaries if something change in future and can't be overtiered a lot  by bigger ships as is a t9. 

I'd say go for Georgia.. 

[URUC]
Players
361 posts
Alle 11/2/2021 alle 11:45, Setterus ha scritto:

I have both and I can say Georgia is 100% more fun to play especially in the current state. Can be built for 23km range and hitting things around quite easy if you get used to slow velocity shells. Also can be reverted to secondaries if something change in future and can't be overtiered a lot  by bigger ships as is a t9. 

I'd say go for Georgia.. 

How? Instead of range module i got artillery plotting room, getting more accuracy. 

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,066 battles
17 hours ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

How? Instead of range module i got artillery plotting room, getting more accuracy. 

Exactly like this. Last module is accuracy not range. Then you can choose range or secondaries from the third module slot . In our case is plotting room. 

You can't go wrong with either choice tbh. Secondaries or range, both work really well with the latter leave room for fighter aircraft consumable to be able to have stronger AA defenses..

[URUC]
Players
361 posts
5 ore fa, Setterus ha scritto:

Exactly like this. Last module is accuracy not range. Then you can choose range or secondaries from the third module slot . In our case is plotting room. 

You can't go wrong with either choice tbh. Secondaries or range, both work really well with the latter leave room for fighter aircraft consumable to be able to have stronger AA defenses..

Third module: still running secondaries. Even with less accuracy DDs don't like to get too close. 

Have to recheck all american T9 ships with plotting room.... but usually i prefere Main Battery mk 2.

Players
525 posts

USN BBs dont get Aiming Systems Modification 1 on slot 3 but Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 that is pretty much Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 with some bonus to secondaries as Aiming Systems Modification 1 but USN BBs dont get Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 but instead Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 so its like their upgrade paths are reverse getting accuracy at Tier IX but not range that they get at Tier V.

This kinda makes Georgia the "winner" in the sense Massachusetts can only improve main weapon range but not accuracy as Georgia can always be set as "fast battleship" but Massachusetts is not that far off Alabama, the main problem is that ... you can just get Alabama as Massachusetts always been a medium range brawler as Georgia is more flexible even if she is not going to win over Thunderer in terms of main battery she is still very respectable and can play rather different due to her speed booster.

Personally I would go with Georgia since the fact WG is removing these ships means they have no intention of buffing then meaning Georgia have more "build diversity" potential but its not as if Massachusetts doesnt have a niche, she is simply obsolete due to the skills rework screwing over secondaries builds and the ship is incapable of matching Alabama outside the secondary meme build but Massachusetts was built and you can even visit the ship unlike Georgia that is a "what if" based on Iowa preliminary designs.

Sign in to follow this