Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Stuck in "Free Look" bug

19 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

So ....

I have been getting this one twice in last couple of days.

I think its in the same category as "guns wont fire bug" .... I got stuck in "free look".

I recorded the replay (sorry but I did it in less than 5 mins - no time for edit).

Pay attention as I spot the 2 BBs up north ... at the time my zoom stopped working. Was mashing my keyboard (shift keys), mouse .... zoom....

Also the guns / torps were locked in some position (I never used "locked on bearing feature") .... never had this one until recently.

Only after I released my torps + some more mashing, the bug disappeared ...

Anyone got it in the past or is this new ... maybe I am just going crazy?

Take a look how at 4:23 the bug "releases" the Free look (the indicator starts blinking) ... WTF is going on?

@MrConway @Crysantos @Tuccy

Players
203 posts
26,381 battles

Nope not had that happen to me. If it happens again or to others then it's likely to be a bug. At least we have a thread started.

• Cool 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles

Last week my Massas Back turret decided to do a 360° - ofc in a crucial moment, where a red DD was behind me farming me. For like a minute I couldnt defend myself.

Then, on Mutzuki I think? in coop, again my back turret went nuts from the start. I look right from the start but I notice, my back turret wants to turn left. Im right away thinking, whats wrong here? he just turned all the way to the left, locked in maximum forward angle and.. that was it. didnt move anymore and couldnt fire even once.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,739 posts
11,844 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Something weird is happening to this game...

You mean russian coding?

The game is totally full of bugs but instead of fixing them they threw out the new skill tree which is also not 100%...

Fixing bugs don't make rubels comrade. But since noone cares enough about the bugs to stop play why would they waste resources in fixing them?

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,108 battles

it happens to me too, simply spam shift and right click to solve that

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
19 minutes ago, Dragontrn said:

it happens to me too, simply spam shift and right click to solve that

Doesn't work. I know the shift mashing technique ... but it did not help in this case.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,820 posts
4,526 battles
V 31. 1. 2021 v 14:25 nambr9 řekl/a:

So ....

I have been getting this one twice in last couple of days.

I think its in the same category as "guns wont fire bug" .... I got stuck in "free look".

I recorded the replay (sorry but I did it in less than 5 mins - no time for edit).

Pay attention as I spot the 2 BBs up north ... at the time my zoom stopped working. Was mashing my keyboard (shift keys), mouse .... zoom....

Also the guns / torps were locked in some position (I never used "locked on bearing feature") .... never had this one until recently.

Only after I released my torps + some more mashing, the bug disappeared ...

Anyone got it in the past or is this new ... maybe I am just going crazy?

Take a look how at 4:23 the bug "releases" the Free look (the indicator starts blinking) ... WTF is going on?

@MrConway @Crysantos @Tuccy

As I can see, your client is heavily modded, so to probably identify the bug, please try to play few battles in vanilla client.

If it would happen to you also there, please record it, save the replay, do WGCheck and report it as a Bug on Customer Support.

But until than it is possible that mods are causing this.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
18 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

As I can see, your client is heavily modded, so to probably identify the bug, please try to play few battles in vanilla client.

If it would happen to you also there, please record it, save the replay, do WGCheck and report it as a Bug on Customer Support.

But until than it is possible that mods are causing this.

Its not the mods... funny how every time people blame the mods :D

Flambass had it yesterday on stream in his Yamato and he is playing vanilla.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/926539999?t=56m15s

Check 56:15 ..  stuck in free look... indicator comes up as he is looking around, but does not release when he exits the free look (releases right mouse button)....

Its a rare bug, but still is present.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,820 posts
4,526 battles
Před 12 minutami nambr9 řekl/a:

Its not the mods.

Flambass had it yesterday on stream in his Yamato and he is playing vanilla.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/926539999?t=56m15s

Check 56:15 ..  stuck in free look... indicator comes up as he is looking around, but does not release when he exits the free look (releases right mouse button)....

Its a rare bug, but still present.

Ok, so yeah, probably a bug. But still if you encounter any bug, it should be reported to CS via Bug Report. They gather data to send it to QA, that would try to reproduce that bug and after that identify, what exactly is wrong and so being able to find a fix on that. But we also need to know, under which conditions it is happening and to who it is happening...

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
2 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Ok, so yeah, probably a bug. But still if you encounter any bug, it should be reported to CS via Bug Report. They gather data to send it to QA, that would try to reproduce that bug and after that identify, what exactly is wrong and so being able to find a fix on that. But we also need to know, under which conditions it is happening and to who it is happening...

I have reported many bugs in the past that are still present, so I kind of don't have faith in reporting system ....

If you can channel this to the appropriate team ... it would be great.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,820 posts
4,526 battles
Právě teď nambr9 řekl/a:

I have reported many bugs in the past that are still present, so I kind of don't have faith in reporting system ....

If you can channel this to the appropriate team ... it would be great.

I can only investigate, if we already have some task for that or if it is known bug. But still for any bug we need relevant data

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Don't know what data I can provide.

The free look don't get released upon releasing right mouse button. Its happening extremely rare and I cannot think of any of other parameters that could affect it.... so I could only create a support ticket with the bolded text....

Reported an issue as requested:

ID 129990478

[WG]
WG Staff
6,820 posts
4,526 battles
Před 1 hodinou nambr9 řekl/a:

Don't know what data I can provide.

The free look don't get released upon releasing right mouse button. Its happening extremely rare and I cannot think of any of other parameters that could affect it.... so I could only create a support ticket with the bolded text....

Reported an issue as requested:

ID 129990478

Thank you for that ticket. I checked, that it was dealt with but some time ago and it is not known as known bug currently.

So thanks to you, this can be reopenned.

Also I would like to ask others, that faced the same bug to send Bug report ticket to CS, with WGCheck if possible. It will help us investigate, what happened. Thank you

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this