You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

Vaccine or Murphys Law

23 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles

If I take Def Fire AA there is no carrier

AA spec - no carrier

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then do not let your mind trick you.

As in the title V or ML

[BOATY]
Players
1,026 posts
15,540 battles

AA spec is kind of a myth to be honest to you. The protection you actually get breaks down to maybe 2 to 3 more dead planes per attack on you. This is also with you doing sector enhancement.  So in the short term it wont really help you. However in terms of attrition it does add up, as long as the cv keeps throwing planes at your ship over and over again rather then finding other targets with weaker aa to pick on.

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

watched a helena get murdered yesterday by a ryujo after announcing in chat he was full aa spec and wanted to test it.

between rockets and torps and being spotted, he was dead just as fast as any other build.

watching bot squadrons fly right through the summon fighter of the meat cv makes it clear weegee cant or wont allow impactful counters to cv.

• Cool 1

[LX]
Players
286 posts
20,485 battles
5 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

AA spec - no carrier 

You forgot missions for events such as dockyard etc.

Score X 'Aircraft shot down' ribbons - no carrier  :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,729 posts
15,245 battles

Total waste of skill points. First slight buff to inadequate protection will not turn it into adequate, second you will compromise severely in combat effectiveness against remaining 3 classes and your skills will completely wasted and useless in about half of games when you will see no aircraft at all. It's the same with a choice between defaa and hydro or speed boost. 

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles
14 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Total waste of skill points. First slight buff to inadequate protection will not turn it into adequate, second you will compromise severely in combat effectiveness against remaining 3 classes and your skills will completely wasted and useless in about half of games when you will see no aircraft at all. It's the same with a choice between defaa and hydro or speed boost. 

Same or higher tier.. yeah

Have found that it can make the carrier go for the lesser "evil" ship and vs lower tier carriers it can help

Players
2,729 posts
15,245 battles
16 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Same or higher tier.. yeah

Have found that it can make the carrier go for the lesser "evil" ship and vs lower tier carriers it can help

It can happen but it is too rare case to be worth the hassle for me. At least in randoms. If CV want me dead he will throw at me many planes as needed. Unless Halland :cap_haloween:But if it works for you... 

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
658 posts
13,092 battles

AA builds only make sense in competetive games where you KNOW you likely face skilled carrier players. And that those carrier players WILL focus you or a team mate near you.

In randoms AA builds really pay off in maybe 10 % of battles, and even then they don't pay off big time since the effect of the build isn't that great. The alternative build -- whatever it is in your ship -- is guaranteed to pay off much more often. 

• Cool 3

Players
650 posts
17,160 battles

Since DefAA has no effect I always prefer hydro 

case closed :Smile_playing:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,895 posts
21,604 battles
7 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

AA spec - no carrier

Better question:

Does it actually make a difference?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
6,592 posts
7 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

AA spec - no carrier

8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Better question:

Does it actually make a difference?

Well, if the purpose of the AA spec is to get you games with no carriers... :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
434 posts
13,487 battles

AA is a waste of skill points. Spend it on fire reduction or other skills that mitigate CV attack damage.

[FMJ]
Players
179 posts
On 1/31/2021 at 11:09 AM, Ronchabale said:

AA spec - no carrier

Sounds like a perfect consumable to invest in. Nevermind a consumable to increase AA defence, use the slot to magically guarantee no carriers :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,368 posts
16,338 battles

Well with AA skills you have more pif paf bevore CV kills you. With no AA skills less pif paf and CV kills you. The question is do you like pif paf? if so take the skill if not dont take the skill. hope i halped :) 

[FMJ]
Players
179 posts
21 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

Well with AA skills you have more pif paf bevore CV kills you. With no AA skills less pif paf and CV kills you. The question is do you like pif paf? if so take the skill if not dont take the skill. hope i halped :) 

Lol, I love the idea of the consumable

"Defensive pif paf"

Players
1,082 posts
3,828 battles
2 hours ago, Tanaka_15 said:

Capitaine Haddock would ask: "A pu pif paf?"