Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cruxeel

how does reporting work?

37 comments in this topic

[WH]
Players
25 posts
6,089 battles

There is here a guite helpful community.... in forums. But what is in game is just awful as I experienced.

thus the question what to really do in situations like I was in: last game in random a guy from my team shoots my DD at the very beginning of the game because he meant me to go C instead of A for a cap.... Or two battleships in a division hit me with their bows from both sides and drag all over the map just after the spawn so I couldn't move neither forth nor back at all - for no visible reason...
There are more strange things in randoms. And I don't think it is enough just to report "an unsporting behavior". 
What is there to do?

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles

You can contact customer support and provide them with replays of the situation.

But you should ask yourself why that happened.

It is a bit unusual that someone wants you to scout a cap on the other side of the map. Or that two BB are fast enough to catch you at the same time.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, Cruxeel said:

What is there to do?

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/?utm_content=cm-top&utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wows-forum

You should report the 2 BBs atleast. Thats against the rules and they probably receive a ban for it.

So is the first one shooting you, but i doubt they will do too much if he shot you once.

• Cool 2

[WH]
Players
25 posts
6,089 battles
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/?utm_content=cm-top&utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wows-forum

You should report the 2 BBs atleast. Thats against the rules and they probably receive a ban for it.

So is the first one shooting you, but i doubt they will do too much if he shot you once.

thx for the reaction to the op. 
Going down your link though "Customer Service will NOT assist with Allied damage (TeamKill) reports.@"

[WH]
Players
25 posts
6,089 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can contact customer support and provide them with replays of the situation.

But you should ask yourself why that happened.

It is a bit unusual that someone wants you to scout a cap on the other side of the map. Or that two BB are fast enough to catch you at the same time.

I capped B and turned to A after it... I still was on B but started to head towards A when I was shot to loose 30% of my HP they were the first minutes oof the game. 
and besides WHAT reasons should there be to just shoot an ally ?

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
28 minutes ago, Cruxeel said:

thx for the reaction to the op. 
Going down your link though "Customer Service will NOT assist with Allied damage (TeamKill) reports.@"

Try Physics abuse or Rigged Battle.

24 minutes ago, Cruxeel said:

I capped B and turned to A after it... I still was on B but started to head towards A when I was shot to loose 30% of my HP they were the first minutes oof the game. 
and besides WHAT reasons should there be to just shoot an ally ?

These people have enough reasons. They are just unhappy and do not know how to express it.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
298 posts
10,431 battles

Post vids of your battles here so we can see in full transparency what happened. After seeing your stats, I can kinda guess why ppl *might* get mad at you.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
2,726 posts
15,245 battles
2 hours ago, Cruxeel said:

Or two battleships in a division hit me with their bows from both sides and drag all over the map just after the spawn so I couldn't move neither forth nor back at all - for no visible reason...

Expect for you being AFK so long that they crawled up to you? If your Internet connection isn't working well do not play online team games. 

• Cool 3

[WH]
Players
25 posts
6,089 battles
1 hour ago, DariusJacek said:

Expect for you being AFK so long that they crawled up to you? If your Internet connection isn't working well do not play online team games. 

Oh God, no!! It was the very beginning, every one started moving and I was moving on Alaska straight forward for like 5-10 secs.... if that matters at all. 

3 hours ago, st_dasa said:

Post vids of your battles here so we can see in full transparency what happened. After seeing your stats, I can kinda guess why ppl *might* get mad at you.

I am not looking for "justice" here from ppl who think you can behave whatever . so I was not recording and I am not going to post any "proves" 
You think it is my own fault that ppl act like that?  my stats? for gods sake... tell me how you manage to check the stats in the first mins of the RANDOM game and decide whom to shoot at in their own team???? are you considering it an acceptable behavior? due to the stats?

so tell me please, enlighten me what makes you personally to shoot on the team mates? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles

Oh God, no!! It was the very beginning, every one started moving and I was moving on Alaska straight forward for like 5-10 secs.... if that matters at all.

No BB is fast enough to catch the Alaska in 5 to 10s, not even with speedboost.

I am not looking for "justice" here from ppl who think you can behave whatever . so I was not recording and I am not going to post any "proves" 
You think it is my own fault that ppl act like that?  my stats? for gods sake... tell me how you manage to check the stats in the first mins of the RANDOM game and decide whom to shoot at in their own team???? are you considering it an acceptable behavior? due to the stats?

so tell me please, enlighten me what makes you personally to shoot on the team mates? 

There is no excuse to shoot an teammate on purpose. But being shot at is a symptom of something. Yes, it is a sure sign that these people do not have their emotions under control or have some other problems.

But when this happens regularly to you, you should ask yourself why they feel that way about you and not about all the other players.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
2,726 posts
15,245 battles

As Pete said if happens to you often then it's because there is (or rather isn't) something that you do. Game can be frustrating and some will lose it when faced with lesser gameplay. Of course it is still unacceptable behaviour. I hope that you will improve to the point that no one will fire at you. About reporting system it is pretty much useless. The best scenario you can count on is response from WG that player will be dealt with, but they will just give him gentle slap to the wrist. Not really worth the time and effort IMHO. 

• Cool 2

[WH]
Players
25 posts
6,089 battles
10 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

As Pete said if happens to you often then it's because there is (or rather isn't) something that you do. Game can be frustrating and some will lose it when faced with lesser gameplay. Of course it is still unacceptable behaviour. I hope that you will improve to the point that no one will fire at you. About reporting system it is pretty much useless. The best scenario you can count on is response from WG that player will be dealt with, but they will just give him gentle slap to the wrist. Not really worth the time and effort IMHO. 

it started to happen after I left the clan. Is it a reason enough for them? no clan tag?

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

No BB is fast enough to catch the Alaska in 5 to 10s, not even with speedboost.

But when this happens regularly to you, you should ask yourself why they feel that way about you and not about all the other players.

not true about the first part. You wouldn't  necessarily rush into a battle with a heavy cruiser. and still even though they dragged me all the game to the south east of the map and all 3 of us died and the game was finished really fast. We lost obviously. it happened kind of one month ago and I don't really care for lame explanations for such behavior. 
My post is about tocsicity  in this game . you just give more reasons to think so. 

as to me - there are no reasons for such conduct, whatever. But you want me to see how I was guilty in that situation. 

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
33 minutes ago, Cruxeel said:

But you want me to see how I was guilty in that situation. 

No, you are not.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxeel said:

20210131_100303_PASD021-Fletcher-1943_19_OC_prey.REPORTED.wowsreplay

tell me, what was it what would "explain the reasons " to shoot me - it is kinda between 3 to 4 mins into the game

You spawned at C. Moved to B and instead of returning to C, you decided to make the long way to A, taking you out of any fight for a long time.

You left a third of your teams firepower without spotting. Not the best plan.

Still, no excuse to shoot you. And getting shot is no excuse for your reaction in chat...

• Cool 5

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Shooting teammates is never OK but some context : Destroyers have the most critical role in the battle, if you aren't good at playing them, such as this, leaving your flank and wandering off, you are condemning every ship behind you to 5-10 minutes of retreating, doing no damage and dying. You're also just basically throwing the game.

So everyone behind you knew the moment you turned out, this game is almost certainly lost and they won't even be able to farm some damage in the loss. Knowing the game is lost after 20 seconds is not fun. Most people look at you after 20 seconds, shrug and think "Ok this is a loss, better luck next time" - Some people may be having a bad day in real life or warships and shoot you in frustration.

You're pretty much condemning 11 other people on your team to a loss doing this, so there is context, but that doesn't make it right. If you're still new to and/or bad at the game and you don't want to ruin everyone else's experience over and over again, play a battleship or a long range HE spam cruiser (Germans/Russians)

Bad players is one thing, bad players in destroyers is an entirely different thing, you are condemning everyone on your team to 20 minutes of getting farmed and losing the moment you spawn, so yes, people will get frustrated, and some people can't cope with frustration.

• Cool 6

Players
3,160 posts
22,798 battles

Reporting has no tangible consequences at all because it is not sanctioned in any way that matters.

There is only one exception, which is reporting for chat abuse, which can result in a chat ban, which most players will at least find mildly annoying. I seem to remember you get an automatic chat ban if you get reported a certain number of times over a period of time or something.

However, the reports need to be sort-of kind-of valid. Like, there are some automatic checks involved, such as if the reported player said anything in chat at all. If they did not even use the chat, the reports are probably automatically disregarded.

On the other hand, the definitely check for four-letter words. So if somebody drops an f-bomb, your report will then definitely bring them a step closer to their next chat ban.

[TACHA]
Players
1,550 posts
17,612 battles

I very rarely come across people deliberately causing team damage - I think it has probably been less than 10 times in the games I have played - the commonest team damage is poorly placed torpedoes or inadvertently shooting someone when in binocular mode when the cut across the person firing - in both cases there should normally be an immediate apology.I have seen the afore mentioned very few incidents where someone is just being an [edited] - they clearly have issues of their own and are taking it out in a game. I just ignore them.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
298 posts
10,431 battles
22 hours ago, Cruxeel said:

Listen, ColonelPete already explained what was the misplay on your account. Yes, stats say A LOT about one's gameplay. It can be extremely frustrating having incompetent DDs not doing their job. From my experience, it is the same caliber of players that most usually rage and cry how they receive no support,  or how they've done everything right BUT THIS TEAM, or in your case, they get shot at because they are completely oblivious and do everything except the stuff they should be doing. 

I do not shoot up ppl like you. There's no point. I usually call out in the chat, but it is mostly to no avail as 99% of the guys like yourself have no idea what they are doing in the first place. Yes, shooting teammates is counterproductive, but every coin has two sides and there is (usually) a very good reason why some allies wanna shoot at you.

And dude, let us be honest, shall we; you would not be crying here if this was a rare occasion or an isolated incident. Everyone gets shot up by some random raging dude that is completely mental, but it happens every 500 games or so. I think there is much more chat raging, friendly fire and what not aimed directly at poor you, that eventually initiated your frustration and this thread.

Instead of complaining here on the forum, I suggest you go to Youtube, type in ''Flamu'', ''Notser'' or ''Flambass'', search for their ''How to play'' vids and actively improve. Thank me later.

P.S. lots of players use MM/stats monitors and can see your stats from the first second of the match. Personally, I do not as I would get depressed 80% of the matches.

• Cool 5

[-WHO-]
Players
129 posts
10,601 battles
18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

There is no excuse to shoot a teammate on purpose. 

OHHH yes there is.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
673 posts
26,735 battles

As a DD player, don't leave your teammates behind you alone or without any spot. If you leave your flank, a chain reaction will start.... All ships behind you will follow you, because they are helpless without your support. That means the flank is lost from the start, the enemy gets control and flanking the entire team - because of one player in a DD which is running away. DDs have a huge impact to the game, and the entire team. Because they all rely on you... So stay with your team at your flank. Don't make it to easy for the enemy team. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,655 posts
22,473 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 10:30 AM, Cruxeel said:

What is there to do?

Play better.

Just hiding Your stats won't change a thing.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,158 posts
41,949 battles
3 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

I very rarely come across people deliberately causing team damage - I think it has probably been less than 10 times in the games I have played - the commonest team damage is poorly placed torpedoes or inadvertently shooting someone when in binocular mode when the cut across the person firing - in both cases there should normally be an immediate apology.I have seen the afore mentioned very few incidents where someone is just being an [edited] - they clearly have issues of their own and are taking it out in a game. I just ignore them.

It's more common these days. Just yesterday I had 3 battles like these, someone was shooting the afk and dying in process, shooting the friendly FDR at the start in Thunderer and dying too, Hindenburg shooting at camping Thunderer dying as well pretty fast being low hp. I see it more after the 0.10.0 commander skill rework - people are more pissed then ever. 

• Cool 3

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
298 posts
10,431 battles
20 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's more common these days. Just yesterday I had 3 battles like these, someone was shooting the afk and dying in process, shooting the friendly FDR at the start in Thunderer and dying too, Hindenburg shooting at camping Thunderer dying as well pretty fast being low hp. I see it more after the 0.10.0 commander skill rework - people are more pissed then ever. 

Yup. Trolling of the old guard + influx from the new wallet warriors that are oblivious to the very basic concepts of the game = cluster*uck that is WoWs today.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this