Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lemasive

Another clown ship makes it's appearance

24 comments in this topic

[RHIP]
Players
437 posts
7,375 battles

Does Wargaming does it best to make this game as unfair as possible, one team gets a cruiser with bombers that spot our ships moving into position and we are going blind. I know WG only cares about money, and not game balance but is there no end? When will golden torpedoes appear for prem ships? 

image.thumb.png.5168449b9f51dfb6e7ad36e4bbed3366.png

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
2 hours ago, Lemasive said:

one team gets a cruiser with bombers that spot our ships

ooh, so cruisers have bombers now, i know they are testing hybrid BB/CV's but i must have missed that one...

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
18 minutes ago, Salentine said:

ooh, so cruisers have bombers now, i know they are testing hybrid BB/CV's but i must have missed that one...

Yep there is a BB/CV hybrid called Ise (modified proto Fuso design) and CA/CV hybrid called Tone (modified proto Mogami class)

[NECRO]
Players
3,167 posts

In fact those were improved follow-up designs of the Fuso and Mogami classes.

Can't wait for the I-400 class subcruisers with bombers!

While the planes they carried were primarily recon floatplanes, some had the ability to carry minor bomb loads (in the range of up to 250 kg for Tone's planes and up to 500 kg for Ise's planes).

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts

also getting cross-torped by a division (1 CV + 2 Tone with torp bombers) will be back (again)...

obviously those hybrids will be nearly as bad as subs for the game, but nevertheless a small group of players is crying for them :Smile_facepalm:...

• Cool 7

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,109 posts
10,318 battles
57 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

also getting cross-torped by a division (1 CV + 2 Tone with torp bombers) will be back (again)...

obviously those hybrids will be nearly as bad as subs for the game, but nevertheless a small group of players is crying for them :Smile_facepalm:...

How do you kbow that? Ship limits will most likely be a thing like in CBs.

• Funny 3

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts
4 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

I doubt that the upcoming restrictions for divisions will find their way to the normal randoms

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
13 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Yea couse WG has a long and distinguished record of limiting the whailing... :Smile_coin:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
3,708 posts
18,027 battles
50 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Because this happend last round of testing. Changing this would assume WG actually listening to player feedback

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,048 posts
14,518 battles
3 hours ago, Salentine said:

And torps. I saw a torpedo squadron flying over my ship in what I tought was a no CV game so I checked back and found this:

Tone.thumb.jpg.829a8d08856e6a7d2b5e247d44660dd5.jpg

We lost, and it didn't look particularly good, since she was sitting behind islands without firing every time I looked.

• Funny 3

[POP]
Beta Tester
242 posts
9,814 battles
6 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

We lost, and it didn't look particularly good, since she was sitting behind islands without firing every time I looked.

Actually how can you do anything else, if you fly your planes also? Currently CVs can only move with autopilot when guiding planes, is this any different for hybrids?

Beta Tester
1,211 posts
7,186 battles
7 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

since she was sitting behind islands without firing every time I looked.

Pretty sure you can either fly planes or command your ship in these, not both at the same time.

So you either have half a CV in a CL/BB spot or half a BB/CL that has the option to launch planes.

[NEXT]
Players
120 posts
8,396 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Taliesn sagte:

And torps. I saw a torpedo squadron flying over my ship in what I tought was a no CV game so I checked back and found this:

Tone.thumb.jpg.829a8d08856e6a7d2b5e247d44660dd5.jpg

We had him as opponent yesterday in tone.

He bombed us with his planes, the whole chat bombed him with critique for wargaming^^

After that he got deathstriked in the first 4 minutes.

• Funny 4

Players
2,048 posts
14,518 battles
7 minutes ago, MixuS said:

Actually how can you do anything else, if you fly your planes also? Currently CVs can only move with autopilot when guiding planes, is this any different for hybrids?

6 minutes ago, Wischmob_von_Eimer said:

Pretty sure you can either fly planes or command your ship in these, not both at the same time.

So you either have half a CV in a CL/BB spot or half a BB/CL that has the option to launch planes.

5 minutes ago, JeanLouisII said:

We had him as opponent yesterday in tone.

He bombed us with his planes, the whole chat bombed him with critique for wargaming^^

After that he got deathstriked in the first 4 minutes.

Not sure how they work or rather, I'm not sure they WILL work. Yes, they'll give you some advanced spotting in a no-CV game but other than that, and ceteris paribus, give me a no-hyrbrid CA.

[SHAD]
Players
3,795 posts
15,178 battles

I think theses ships will end up being poor. If they want to fly planes they need to hide their ship, if they want to shoot they cannot fly planes.

I think half the game they will be a weak CV and half the game a weak cruiser.

That said, I can imagine games where we have 4 of these on one side using cruiser matchmaking, stacking fires on a lonely battleship.

More likely: the rocket plane variant sending four rocket squadrons to obliterate a DD.

Interesting thing though, Wargaming have just changed the commander skills in such a way that hybrid builds (large cruisers, Destroyer gunned cruisers) are unable to pick skills that would have been useful.

Which skills will these ships get?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
18 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

I'm not sure they WILL work

Ofc they wont work. Its yet another retard class for numbnuts to be useless in. On the other hand, we might end up with CV+hybrid divs and they will just rape individual ships even harder. Just have 3 guys together pick on one DD f.e.

So i assume most players will play those ships like CVs, sitting behind an island in spawn doing nothing. 1% SUs will take all the advantages they can get. Either case is [edited].

• Cool 6

[NEXT]
Players
6,203 posts
12,211 battles

Though Tone exists since a long time, just never released or developed ^^'

[BOATY]
Players
1,055 posts
15,545 battles

I was in a game like this yesterday. Was a nasty game too. It was a pitch battle untill the team started asking the tone to spot for dds rather then attack ships once he did this it turned the tide in our teams favor and won. The tone even got 2 gun kills as well. Personally I have no issue against Tone attacking me with bombers. Most die before they can drop. The spotting it provides on the other hand is too strong.

[BOATY]
Players
1,055 posts
15,545 battles
4 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Because this happend last round of testing. Changing this would assume WG actually listening to player feedback

Could you imagine if they did. I would spend money in that game.

• Cool 1

Players
33 posts

So that means we will probably get a lion class battle carrier hybrid at some point. despite the fact the admiralty quite rightly kept bollocking anyone who brought the idea up. 

The Director of Naval Gunnery's assessment was that "The functions and requirements of carriers and of surface gun platforms are entirely incompatible ... the conceptions of these designs ... is evidently the result of an unresolved contest between a conscious acceptance of aircraft and a subconscious desire for a 1914 Fleet ... these abortions are the results of a psychological maladjustment. The necessary readjustments should result from a proper re-analysis of the whole question, what would be a balanced fleet in 1945, 1950 or 1955?"

• Cool 3

Players
1,092 posts

These things won't work while carrier mechanics remain so different from regular ships', they'll just have to split their time between two largely incompatible ways of playing. It would be better for hybrids if they (and maybe also carriers) had a fire-and-forget style of plane launching, broadly akin to how guns and torpedoes work at the moment, so the player is still able to concentrate on driving the ship rather than being away with the WoWpers all game and so unable to use their guns.

Unless WG are striving for historical accuracy, where hybrids are less useful than a full-blood carrier or surface ship, in which case bravo so far! :Smile_teethhappy:

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,329 battles
12 hours ago, Lemasive said:

When will golden torpedoes appear for prem ships? 

Please, OP, don't give WG any monetization ideas. This may come back to haunt everyone.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,345 posts
9,512 battles

Hello,

locked. Please remember to be constructive in the future.

Regards,

Minia

• Bad 4