Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Which Ship was your Best Kept Secret this Ranked Season?

14 comments in this topic

[TF]
Players
121 posts
2,074 battles

Do you prefer Ägir over Alaska ? what made it a good pick for you ? genuinely interested as I'm considering unlocking it with fxp

Players
2,243 posts
9,121 battles
4 minutes ago, meuhbat said:

Do you prefer Ägir over Alaska ? what made it a good pick for you ? genuinely interested as I'm considering unlocking it with fxp

I like Ägir much better. The guns feel much more convinient thanks to the flat trajectory. They citadel the hell out of cruisers, even at range. You can hit BBs hard from close range and you can set fires easily when at range. Only drawback is that you don’t have a radar. I don’t like radar cruisers as they have to take otherwise bad position to be able to radar. Alaska has weak HE, so you cannot kill a DD when you catch her. Also Ägir feels more tanky if you don’t show broadside. And you have torpedos for brawling. I killed BBs either by torping them or citadeling them while they tried to evade my torps showing broadside.

Alaska is a solid ship, but I don’t get excited playing her, while Ägir makes me smile.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles

Not really a secret, but Orkan on the NA server; I suspect her inclusion on the notorious Satan Box short list has made a lot of people assume she's rubbish (either that, or a lot of people *still* don't realise she has radar)...

Mind you, we are talking about Bronze here.

[THESO]
Players
1,573 posts
18,620 battles

This one is Shokaku season.

I am pretty much done with all lines except CVs. Since I play a lot of divisions in randoms, I want to burden my cherished clan mates and friends as little as possible with me learning the basics of a class.

Easy solution:

I learn to play CV in Ranked.

It's a good training room. I get free lab rats and since I can only play Bronze with my T8 CV, the opponents are generally more forgiving than the better players in higher leagues. It's also quite comforting to know that if I mess up, I will in most cases not cost a player a star who deserves to win.

On top of that there is technical reasons. Since all ships are the same tier, I do not get overconfident kekking on T6-BBs and also not frustrated trying to make an impossible drop on a T10 BB. It's easy mode and the logical next step after training against bots. It also helps that the new system is a series of sprints. So all in all I am not try-harding too much and my poor team mates are spared the sarcastic remarks.

Learning CV costs a bit of karma, but since you can't even buy ramming flags for that, what do I care?

[LEEUW]
Players
3,136 posts
10,750 battles

I evaded the dead eye infested randoms by playing loads of ranked. Sure, there are bbs in ranked as well but often not more than three per side. Which makes positioning against them easier than in randoms. 

Besides, nobody expects a mino to carry radar. The avg kills show how much DDs I annihilated at the start of many battles. 

Get spotted, radar, dd panic turns, eats two or three full mino salvos, ded. GG EZ. 

Screenshot_20210131_010730.thumb.jpg.607dea28838ac33690eaf4b88aec3fba.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2,243 posts
9,121 battles
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I evaded the dead eye infested randoms by playing loads of ranked. Sure, there are bbs in ranked as well but often not more than three per side. Which makes positioning against them easier than in randoms. 

Besides, nobody expects a mino to carry radar. The avg kills show how much DDs I annihilated at the start of many battles. 

Get spotted, radar, dd panic turns, eats two or three full mino salvos, ded. GG EZ. 

Screenshot_20210131_010730.thumb.jpg.607dea28838ac33690eaf4b88aec3fba.jpg

Oh yes the radar Mino. I run into one with Smaland. She surprised me with her radar, but I managed to get away. Then I went too close in the end game, completly forgetting that she had radar... a loss for our team. 😣

• Cool 1

[2PTS]
Players
232 posts
9,424 battles

Radar Mino FTW for me too. Mostly DDs at start, and some BBs that came toooooooo close and got nose torped dev strikes.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts
10 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

For me it was Ägir:

84E42B0F-F27C-4F1F-90D3-C5D78301CC75.jpeg

Any ship in T8 and later T9 that needed grinding through really, up untill now that includes a bit of Monarch, Lion (still grinding that), Edinbourgh, Neptune, Albemarle, Drake, Bismarck, FDG, Akizuki, Richelieu, Alsace, Ibuki, probs forgotten some, ofc I didnt only play Ranked in them but other modes as well...

As for "secret weapon" for when I decided I want to rank out in silver - Somers I got recently offered good services...

Players
2,733 posts
15,251 battles

Not played much but all was about spotting and killing DDs so Orkan, Shokek and radar Edin. T8s as I didn't bother to go up to silver and stopped playing rankeds anyway as rewards and a formula are a bad joke. 

Players
3,502 posts
12,136 battles

Any DD, it doesn't matter. 

If you don't have a good DD on your team then your more than likely gonna lose. The first thing I look for on MM is the skill of the DD players and how lob sided their stats are to eachother . That then tells me how to play that game (all out win or save a star mode). 

Right now it's the Kidd for me. 

Players
96 posts
5,571 battles

Memotaur, taking out the enemy dd's when they expect you to smoke up is hilarious and ridiculously effective. And it's more viable than in randoms as there's  less unexpected angles you're gonna get deleted from due to 7v7.

Sign in to follow this