Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VC381

Expert marksman changes

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,730 battles

I'm surprised that nobody is discussing the nerf to Expert marksman when they changed it from a flat bonus to +15% in the new system. Basically all ships that this was an essential skill on were getting closer to +20% before, some more. The ships that benefit most from the % are the ones that already have very fast traverse... so the ones that don't actually need it in the first place. There are very few ships (that routinely take this skill) where the % translates to the same flat bonus as before. Seems like an odd unnecessary change.

• Cool 4

[EUTF]
Players
279 posts
6,979 battles

Sadly its been told both on PTS and Live version feedback but WG does what WG know better = ignore us and go with their own brain ideas.

Im sure that change is made cause people are so stupid and wanted to have simpler maths on their head and % is easier than degrees to understand.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

WG thought the change was needed.

Maybe its part of the dead eye balance...

:)

• Funny 1

Players
407 posts
4,288 battles

As several "reworked" skills descriptions : it may be a % reduction on turret traverse time to do 180°, ie the slowest turrets benefit the most from it. I think I saw somewhere the description of the skill was inaccurate.

And once again we are forced to chase the information in obscure posts/twitch interventions/tweets/strange carvings on an obsidian stone.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,730 battles
1 minute ago, bratisla_boy said:

As several "reworked" skills descriptions : it may be a % reduction on turret traverse time to do 180°, ie the slowest turrets benefit the most from it. I think I saw somewhere the description of the skill was inaccurate.

And once again we are forced to chase the information in obscure posts/twitch interventions/tweets/strange carvings on an obsidian stone.

That would make a lot more sense.

But another thing. They removed the larger bonus for smaller guns. So some DDs that needed this get extra nerfed, because in the past they could get +2.5 degrees per second for their gun size (bigger guns had +0.7 I think).

[-S3I-]
Players
172 posts
4,172 battles

Turret traverse is the single most nerfed stat in WoWS, from the very beginning. It is kept realistic while ship speeds are multiplied by 5. So it is not strange they still nerf it down...

Players
407 posts
4,288 battles
Il y a 18 minutes, VC381 a dit :

That would make a lot more sense.

But another thing. They removed the larger bonus for smaller guns. So some DDs that needed this get extra nerfed, because in the past they could get +2.5 degrees per second for their gun size (bigger guns had +0.7 I think).

Don't take my word as gospel, I can't find where I read it while I'm stumbling upon several posts on different servers saying the opposite.

Skills need a clarification.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
10 minutes ago, bratisla_boy said:

Unless it also shows the wrong values, it does what it says, f.e.

Sinop turret traverse is 60 sec for 180°. With the skill, it takes 50 sec. Turret rate increases from 3°/sec to 3,6°/sec.

Kremlin increases from 6° to 7,2° per sec, but you only gain 5 sec on a 180° turn. Obviously, slower turrets still gain a bigger total value, as they are so very slow to begin with. But with the old values, Sinop actually was better off, as the turret traverse was 3,7°/sec, and Kremlin was 6,7°/sec. Sinop lost 0,1°, Kremlin gained 0,5° with the rework.

All BBs with faster traverse speed than 3,5°/sec got a buff out of that one. Small guns got a nerf, as they cant get the same amount as before.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,730 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Unless it also shows the wrong values, it does what it says, f.e.

Sinop turret traverse is 60 sec for 180°. With the skill, it takes 50 sec. Turret rate increases from 3°/sec to 3,6°/sec.

Kremlin increases from 6° to 7,2° per sec, but you only gain 5 sec on a 180° turn. Obviously, slower turrets still gain a bigger total value, as they are so very slow to begin with. But with the old values, Sinop actually was better off, as the turret traverse was 3,7°/sec, and Kremlin was 6,7°/sec. Sinop lost 0,1°, Kremlin gained 0,5° with the rework.

All BBs with faster traverse speed than 3,5°/sec got a buff out of that one. Small guns got a nerf, as they cant get the same amount as before.

So that's +20% to the speed, which is correct for BBs according to the skill description.

EDIT:

For cruisers, the break-even point is at approximately 36 seconds 180 degree turn time. Anything with a longer base time is worse off in the new system, anything shorter is better.

[THESO]
Players
659 posts
13,100 battles
3 hours ago, bratisla_boy said:

As several "reworked" skills descriptions : it may be a % reduction on turret traverse time to do 180°, ie the slowest turrets benefit the most from it.

The game internally stores turret traverse as the number of seconds that it takes to do 180°, so the 20 % is off from that. The slowest turrets gain most seconds but least degrees/second.

The way it's now seems just fine to me. It's more simply stated than before, and you no longer have to do the math to see what's the relative change to a specific ship. Now it has a similar effect to the in-game feel of any ship. Sluggish becomes much more comfortable, fast becomes amazing.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,262 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, asalonen sagte:

The game internally stores turret traverse as the number of seconds that it takes to do 180°, so the 20 % is off from that. The slowest turrets gain most seconds but least degrees/second.

The way it's now seems just fine to me. It's more simply stated than before, and you no longer have to do the math to see what's the relative change to a specific ship. Now it has a similar effect to the in-game feel of any ship. Sluggish becomes much more comfortable, fast becomes amazing.

Of course with the new interface you can pre-select the skill and see its result in the ship stats on the right hand side. No need to do maths any more at all. Kind of makes your point irrelevant.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this