Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
XDukenukemX

Better CV ship controls

7 comments in this topic

[CZWSM]
Players
89 posts
6,150 battles

Hi,

a stray "W" press just costed me a game (ranked). Could we have some better way to control the CV while the planes are in the air (better then the autopilot idiot)?

Or some clue that ship is in motion on the minimap.....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles

If you can't recall your CV ship movement order you have bigger problems than ship control. 

Many CV players don't even bother to move their CV - you could try that.

Some CV players order their CV to a corner of the map - you could try that.

When I need to move my CV - I simply order it's movement right after I return my current airborne squadron & before I launch the next squadron - you could try that.

• Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,697 battles

I actually got killed today thanks to auto pilot self correcting the previously set course, ramming me straight into an island and making me catch a torp spread. Hasn't happened for a while.

Didn't lose us the match as there was no possibility of recovery for the enemy team at that point anyway but it is annoying when it happens.

So yeah, when in doubt, play it safe.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CZWSM]
Players
89 posts
6,150 battles
On 1/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, Aethervoxx said:

If you can't recall your CV ship movement order you have bigger problems than ship control. 

Many CV players don't even bother to move their CV - you could try that.

Some CV players order their CV to a corner of the map - you could try that.

When I need to move my CV - I simply order it's movement right after I return my current airborne squadron & before I launch the next squadron - you could try that.

Yeah, everybody complains that CV is a passive play, before rework i could dodge torps while making drops on that annoying DD Fc**r and now I cant

Sitting on the original spot is a inviting long range sniping death.

Why not just make a secondary movement controls for Ship alone and whoever wants can use that, instead of locking me out of controls in a hand of incompetent autopilot (its not the points on map, its that it cant steer and i die when its trying to reverse out of map border it clearly should not hit...)

• Funny 1

[NERVE]
Players
2 posts
1,583 battles

i completely agree: a better control of CV movement would be appreciated.......

i dont think an idiot autpilot is a good way to balance op(?!?) CVs (assuming this is your point)

• Funny 1

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,590 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 6:35 AM, El2aZeR said:

I actually got killed today thanks to auto pilot self correcting the previously set course, ramming me straight into an island and making me catch a torp spread. Hasn't happened for a while.

Didn't lose us the match as there was no possibility of recovery for the enemy team at that point anyway but it is annoying when it happens.

So yeah, when in doubt, play it safe.

Yesterday I autopiloted behind a middlish island for a safe spot to send planes from in late game.

When I check back on my ship I see it has at some point decided to turn off the course and maneuvered between that island and another, completely exposed and doing those goofy autopilot maneuvers where it's "colliding" with something while reversing.

I swear, the autopilot is the worst enemy of the CV.

Sign in to follow this