Sign in to follow this  
_Bajkal

How to use Dead Eye correctly?

5 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles

How do people benefit from dead eye perk?

Every game I had so far in Roma and Thunderer I could barely fire twice or thrice the entire match with the use of that 4points skill. Every game I just end up on the front or DD gets close and spots me and so on. I literally would have to completely change my playstyle to pus5y play and never get too close to the enemy which would then question me bringing armor, HP, and heals to the game.
Or is the use of this skill intended to just be useful for the first 2-3 salvos before you engage enemy at close range?

Am I missing something?

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles
29 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

How do people benefit from dead eye perk?

Every game I had so far in Roma and Thunderer I could barely fire twice or thrice the entire match with the use of that 4points skill. Every game I just end up on the front or DD gets close and spots me and so on.

"No visible ships within your standard detectability range"

With 11.7 km on the Roma that shouldn´t be an issue

Thunderer/ Conqueror 12.3 km

Players
199 posts
3,124 battles
22 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

I literally would have to completely change my playstyle to pus5y play and never get too close to the enemy 

Pretty much this. That is the intended way to use this skill.

With current meta, thanks to new captain skills, getting close gives no real advantage, ever. 

Notice that building for survivability on ANY type of ship is either more expensive or not viable any longer, so everything got comparatively squishier. By being close you get into range of more types of enemies. BBs got the blessing in form of Deadeye, which provides massive boost to dispersion (apparently somebody theorised that it actually reduced both horizontal dispersion AND sigma by 10%, combining to nearly 20% of actual accuracy boost, not sure how true is that, however), as long as you stay at long range. 

Sure, you could argue that such blatant incentive to camp is bad for the game, as it leaves caps uncontested and encourages people to constantly retreat. And you would be right. But on the flipside, there is nothing you gain from being close that worth the tradeoff. BBs brawling build? For 10% reload boost on main guns and now useless secondaries? Before you get into range you will be spotted and smashed by campers, or you will get torped, or massacred by a CV.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,807 posts
7,821 battles
1 minute ago, HidesHisFace said:

BBs brawling build? For 10% reload boost on main guns and now useless secondaries? Before you get into range you will be spotted and smashed by campers, or you will get torped, or massacred by a CV.

More like spotted, smashed, torped and massacred

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
6 hours ago, _Bajkal said:

I literally would have to completely change my playstyle to pus5y play and never get too close to the enemy which would then question me bringing armor, HP, and heals to the game.
Or is the use of this skill intended to just be useful for the first 2-3 salvos before you engage enemy at close range?

Am I missing something?

you are missing nothing.

this should not be a bb skill.

outnumbered and dead eye should be swapped.

and that is being very generous with this cancerously misconceived perk.