Setterus

Need advice

12 comments in this topic

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles

So I'm close enough(10k coal remaining) to get my first coal ship with my coupon. 

I'm between Georgia and thunderer. 

I don't like too much the camping playstyle of the thunderer but from the other hand, I don't know how Georgia plays after rework. 

Is Georgia worth it or stick to thunderer as a coal investment? Or it is better to wait for upcoming ships? 

Thanks in advance 

[URUC]
Players
373 posts

Remember they are 2 different tiers. If you play Clan, you need T-X Thunderer.

Georgia is played mostly with AP and has only 20 range , Thunderer mostly  with HE for high fire chance and has 24 range.

Secondaries have less accuracy. And "improved secondary armament aiming" on the Georgia is a waste. So they still have range but less accuracy.

Georgia has engine  boost and fighter / spotting aircraft. Thunderer has defensive AA.

The question is: What's your style? What do you need it for?

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles
3 hours ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

Remember they are 2 different tiers. If you play Clan, you need T-X Thunderer.

Georgia is played mostly with AP and has only 20 range , Thunderer mostly  with HE for high fire chance and has 24 range.

Secondaries have less accuracy. And "improved secondary armament aiming" on the Georgia is a waste. So they still have range but less accuracy.

Georgia has engine  boost and fighter / spotting aircraft. Thunderer has defensive AA.

The question is: What's your style? What do you need it for?

Well I love my jean Bart a lot but I'm pushing also. I do like to have the range when a target is at range but I hate camping play style. 

Tbh I'm close to kurfurstt and republique so I'm not having any problem which tier will be. I just want the most fun one. Can I build Georgia like a Norma ship without caring for 2ndaries? 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,732 battles

You don't have to play Thunderer as camping, that's just the really lazy way. You can play it using AP most of the time, abusing the stealth, accuracy and amazing rudder shift to be very mobile at mid-range and occasionally pop up and delete some citadels. In my opinion it's more of a battlecruiser, that's how I handle it and it's way more fun than how most play it.

EDIT:

Georgia doesn't need the secondary gimmick, it never did and I didn't understand why they buffed it with that after all the tools it has. So the nerf to those is meh, the ship always was borderline OP and still is. Also a fast, stealthy, accurate mid-range battlecruiser in my opinion. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

• Cool 3

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles
52 minutes ago, VC381 said:

You don't have to play Thunderer as camping, that's just the really lazy way. You can play it using AP most of the time, abusing the stealth, accuracy and amazing rudder shift to be very mobile at mid-range and occasionally pop up and delete some citadels. In my opinion it's more of a battlecruiser, that's how I handle it and it's way more fun than how most play it.

EDIT:

Georgia doesn't need the secondary gimmick, it never did and I didn't understand why they buffed it with that after all the tools it has. So the nerf to those is meh, the ship always was borderline OP and still is. Also a fast, stealthy, accurate mid-range battlecruiser in my opinion. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Well thank you.

I decided to go with Georgia tbh. Also i don't want a ship that is a little bit broken (:cap_cool:) and i like the speed. 

Thank you very much for your input..

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,732 battles

You're welcome, but I consider Georgia the more "broken" one anyway, certainly I fear it more on the enemy team :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, enjoy your speedboat!

• Cool 1

[URUC]
Players
373 posts
5 ore fa, Setterus ha scritto:

Well I love my jean Bart a lot but I'm pushing also. I do like to have the range when a target is at range but I hate camping play style. 

Tbh I'm close to kurfurstt and republique so I'm not having any problem which tier will be. I just want the most fun one. Can I build Georgia like a Norma ship without caring for 2ndaries? 

I still have the secondary module on the Georgia for + 20 % range, but no captain skills. 

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles
5 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

I still have the secondary module on the Georgia for + 20 % range, but no captain skills. 

Are you playing deadeye also?

[VIBES]
Players
921 posts
20,263 battles

There's nothing more fun than running down a weak flank in a Georgia: citadels as the enemies turn away scared, secondaries blazing away, speed boost, fast heal...it's a riot!

There's nothing less fun than bing sniped for 12k and a double fire by a Thunderer 19 km away.

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles

I wanna thank you for all your inputs on post. 

Ship is awesome. I didn't took any 2ndary thingy just to test her in battle. 

Also i took plotting room for that little extra range cause is odd to need let's say 500m more and not be able to have them.

Don't misjudge form deadeye skill. Is only for early battle and for helping her with the dispersion cause there are only 3 turrets and suffers at range. This is still a 16pt captain. Prolly remaining 5 will go to adrenaline rush and preventive maintenance.

The pic is from 3rd battle with her and i don't know the ship well but oh mine. Any ship that make the mistake to give broadside is dead from any distance...

Also 2 HE salvos brought 2 fires.

I really love her...

georgia 1.JPG

georgia 2.JPG

georgia 3.JPG

[URUC]
Players
373 posts
Alle 30/1/2021 alle 20:15, Setterus ha scritto:

Are you playing deadeye also?

On US BBs? Sure. As i wrote i kept the range module for secondaries, but no captain skill prefering deadeye. DDs still don't like secondary rain, they cannot know what skills i have and run when shot. 

[-N5C-]
Players
245 posts
16,227 battles

Don't understimate secondary guns though. I have not tried this on my Georgia yet, but on GK I have the secondary range upgrade so it's 12.5 km. I don't use the captain skill that increases accuracy, but instead I take the one that boost reload of secondary and main gun with 10% when enemy is within secondary range. My reload on GK goes from 29 seconds to 26 seconds in a brawl then.