Sign in to follow this  
kankisn

Chat server unavailable.... now worse than ever...

10 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Players
1 post
7,379 battles

Hello

This topic is not about captain skills or carriers, but something far more annoying for a casual player like me. The chat server has been an issue for years and you can find threads about that for years. But after the latest patch it is completely broken. The chat has been unavailable before, but waiting 10 to 15 seconds usually worked and the wows client fixed it by itself. Now, after a couple of games, I have to restart the client if I want to chat, join a division or play clan battles. Its totally busted now. For me this is a social experience, and the ability to see if your friends are online is super important to me.

All I want with this is to add a new post about this issue to make WG do something about this. You don't see other social networks or games make you restart your client in order for you to connect with your friends?

Kind Regards

Roger

• Cool 6

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, kankisn said:

Hello

This topic is not about captain skills or carriers, but something far more annoying for a casual player like me. The chat server has been an issue for years and you can find threads about that for years. But after the latest patch it is completely broken. The chat has been unavailable before, but waiting 10 to 15 seconds usually worked and the wows client fixed it by itself. Now, after a couple of games, I have to restart the client if I want to chat, join a division or play clan battles. Its totally busted now. For me this is a social experience, and the ability to see if your friends are online is super important to me.

All I want with this is to add a new post about this issue to make WG do something about this. You don't see other social networks or games make you restart your client in order for you to connect with your friends?

Kind Regards

Roger

Hi Captain,

We are sorry for the issues you are having. Have you tried to repair the client and to do a clean reinstall?

Also, please open a ticket with our Customer Support including a WG check; in this way, we could gather more data about the issue. 😊

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SKM]
Players
53 posts
17,968 battles

Just a Comment from Germany and my Buddy from Switzerland..its the same here some have that issue and some not.

WG fix your chatserver

• Cool 2

[BW-UK]
Players
3 posts
25,787 battles

Same for me! Its so bad now i can not ewen joine a div..

This has been trobbel for years.

Got nothing to do with mods, tested it, and i know plenty with same problem who newer had a mod.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, kankisn said:

Hello

Kind Regards

Roger

• Cool 1

[AMASS]
[AMASS]
Beta Tester
146 posts
On 2/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain,

We are sorry for the issues you are having. Have you tried to repair the client and to do a clean reinstall?

Also, please open a ticket with our Customer Support including a WG check; in this way, we could gather more data about the issue. 😊

The Chat Server is broken.

It keeps disconnecting, and requires individual players to restart the Client to reconnect.

WG needs to stop blaming, and making demands of, individual players.

Instead, WG needs to fix their Chat Server and their Client so they automatically reconnect if they lose connection (unless the Client has logged out properly) - it's not rocket science!

• Cool 3

[DOWGO]
Beta Tester
6 posts
10,525 battles

I got the exact same problem - before the last update, the chat client lost connection every couple of battles but would reconnect when you tried to message a friend on your list.

After the last update it looses connection after the first battle and only a client restart helps until I exit the next battle...and so on.

Did a clean reinstall of the WoWS client already, problem persists exactly as before - no mods installed.

• Cool 3

[FFUK]
Players
3 posts
15,835 battles

Exactly same I tried clean install, still broken chat....... WG more worried about selling rigged containers than fixing broken game

[DOWGO]
Beta Tester
6 posts
10,525 battles

I opened a support ticket regarding the issue and got the answer that the development team is aware of the issue and is working on a patch - no ETA yet though.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
On 2/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, KatFlo said:

I opened a support ticket regarding the issue and got the answer that the development team is aware of the issue and is working on a patch - no ETA yet though.

Hi Captain, 

As you said,  we are searching for a steady solution to the chat connection problem. We are collecting the amount of data required to solve such a complex issue as fast as we can.

We will update you for sure once the problem gets fixed, in the meanwhile, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,300 posts
26,303 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 11:23 PM, kankisn said:

Hello

Kind Regards

Roger

No need for worries mate, relax and enjoy the new ships coming, don't bother with such tiny details as laggy and messy chat or desync issues.  Buy some new ships and let it be... :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this