Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

2 questions for *RN cruiser mains

7 comments in this topic

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

im wondering 2 things. mainly for tiers 5 to 7 rarely t8.

is there useful utility to be had from combining the spotter modification with the l1 consumable perk and l2 spotter perk on the ca's surrey onward, given the short range of the guns.

and

would the smoke screen mod be useful on the cl's given the poor handling. it looks like this mod would allow these boats to stop in their smoke screen, leaving them with more room to move also. and maybe allow them to use smoke to break off more easily.

this is a line i find irritating to play a lot since i lack patience and have most luck playing them passively for the first half of the match, which bores me. 

so forking over 40k coal isnt something im willing to do on a whim, especially if it would be an obvious nurf to the ships.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Id get the Coal spotter mod if you wanna have longer duration on it. I have it on Hindenburg, and the first slot is generally not that useful... alltho you have to give up main armaments mod, and cruisers dont have access to PM any longer :cap_fainting:

The Eye in the Sky skill is absolutely useless in my book, its like wasting 2 points.

Coal smoke mod is useless for RN CLs.

• Cool 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

The Eye in the Sky skill is absolutely useless in my book, its like wasting 2 points.

this is also my assessment of this perk.

im just wondering if the rn ca line is that one edge case where the combo of the mod + perk might be the one place it may actually be useful.

one minute of bonus range. 2 minutes of moving.

decided to use a coupon to test it, and... well its different. i dont know if its better different, but it is different.

more comfortable for me since i can move up more easily

52 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Noyal Ravy? What is NR

d'oh. yea. edited.

Players
1,330 posts
20,998 battles
5 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

would the smoke screen mod be useful on the cl's given the poor handling. it looks like this mod would allow these boats to stop in their smoke screen, leaving them with more room to move also. and maybe allow them to use smoke to break off more easily.

Granted that I haven't touched them out of coop and operations for a long time, I wouldn't consider the handling of RN CLs from Leander to Edinburgh as poor. I never researched Emerald (played up to Caledon then got Leander in a Christmas mission chain IIRC) and, for me, the black sheep in the line is Neptune.

About not overshooting your smokescreen, I developed the habit of slowing down while wiggling (to help bleeding the speed) and only deploying the screen when below 20 knots, although without the mod it's theoretically possible to stop within your smoke when decelerating from around 23. Why? Two reasons: when the branch was introduced the last puff was bugged and appeared way sooner than it should, and the rudder shift makes some people believe that you aren't going for the halt. I'm not sure if it would still work in the current META, though, but I haven't seen that many players do the shaking: most brake and smoke while straightlining, so aiming right at their nose when they're about to disappear grants juicy citadels.

Salute.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Step 1 - slow down before you pop smoke so you dont drift out.
Step 2 - don't just slow down to a halt and stay there, if you do, good battleship players will know exactly where your ship came to a halt and blindfire you, reverse or drive around in your smoke

Step 3 - Profit

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this