You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NikolayKuznetsov

DIV : MVR + 2X Thunderer rangemod deadeye

54 comments in this topic

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I've been mostly laughing at all the deadeye outrage because it's 90% potatoes sitting on the J line with a GK, but I changed my mind, smarter people are finding ways to actually abuse this skill in division. I played sovietsky soyuz yesterday :

-Spawn
-Plane spotted, planes are between 6km &10km away so they spot me but I can't shoot them.
-2 Rangemod deadeye Thunderers stacking triple fires on me
in my spawn
-I burned to death before I reached the nearest cover

Soyuz has a theoretical range of 19km, a realistic range of 14km, they were burning me to death with god-tier accuracy from 28km. It's not possible to push into two HE spamming thunderers to close 14km distance before returning fire, that's five minutes of triple fires. If it's a division doing this in a coordinated way, you don't even have time to spawn & get into the nearest cover before burning to death.

I want to defend wargaming, I often do because I unironically like them, but I can't defend this design, it's completely retarded, it allows 3 coordinated guys to burn all the battleships to death before the match even started.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Yes comrade, but of 99% playerbase doesn't do that. 

So overall its fine. Hope you enjoy the game!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,262 posts
43,709 battles

This game needs a REWORK from the gound-up. I hope this game dies soon!!

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[BABBY]
Players
799 posts
11,630 battles
12 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

don't worry, there will be worse

Wonder what 4pt submarine skills will be like :Smile_trollface:

Actually I'd rather never find out...

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,146 battles
3 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Wonder what 4pt submarine skills will be like :Smile_trollface:

Floaty - drift around near your spawn wondering how long it's going to take to get into firing range when all the BBS are 24k away. +15% to speed (but only if you're sailing in a circle)

Alarm! - emergency dive like they do in Das Boot , +100% concealment for 90 seconds, you won't miss anything (Unlike Thunderer)

Big Binoculars - ah, there they are. +100% spotting range (you're going to need it)

Karma Police - you can only receive 10 "Plays Poorly" reports per game. 

• Funny 11

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
37 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Yes comrade, but of 99% playerbase doesn't do that. So overall its fine.

Sure for now but how long until more people find out this is basically 100% guaranteed quarter million damage and a win without ever even being at risk of being shot back.

• Funny 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
13 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Sure for now but how long until more people find out this is basically 100% guaranteed quarter million damage and a win without ever even being at risk of being shot back.

The fact, that we dont have 99% god tier CV unicums ruining every game around the clock gives us hope, that we will even in 2023 see completly useless Thunderers and spreadsheet will still report "not great, not terrible".

Doesnt make the situation overall better, I know, but... but... im running out of logical things to say. SPREADSHEET, SAVE ME!

672990c1d31cfbe45b852f48b7224c35.gif

• Funny 3

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
9 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

CV dropping planes in front of you outside your AA range forcing you to either spawn, push and burn to death or spawn, retreat and burn to death from 16 incoming thunderer HE shells every 30 seconds -In your spawn- is an issue.

One can say that without calling out this game as the supposed incarnation of the devil.

They might have been using matchmaking monitor and targeted you for a reason. Thats the way to farm damage AND win the game...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
6 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I know they were, they did it to me and an iowa, incidentally, the two battleships that were even remotely competent at the game. After we both burned to death in our spawn, the MVR + 2X Thunderer div played the game normally.

75%WR division too, it's a bit disgusting but I can't really blame them, if the game offers you a way to take out the only competent people on the other team in the first 120 seconds with no retaliation whatsoever, why not do it.

Guess its time to hide stats again...

• Funny 3

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Guess its time to hide stats again...

I would but then other decent players will assume I'm at 39% winrate and let me die, as is tradition with hidden profiles.

pepe.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
441 posts
13,544 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Are we talking about CVs or Dead Eye???

• Funny 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 minutes ago, iFax said:

Are we talking about CVs or Dead Eye???

The combination, very specifically : As you spawn, CV can drop fighter planes in front of you 7km out. If he's in division with deadeye rangemod thunderers, they can now pummel you to death with HE in your spawn. This leaves you with 2 options :

A) Push forward to get the planes in your AA range, taking down the planes would take too long because your AA was already wrecked by Thunderer HE, by the time you do manage to get rid of the planes, you're enjoying your third permanent triple fire and surface ships spotting you would take over the plane spotting.
B) Reverse/run for cover, this way you might get out alive without burning to death, but since the planes were dropped 7km in front of you, you would need to turn around and head for the J line for 4km while getting pummeled by Thunderer HE before you go unspotted, on the slim chance you survive, your ship is roasted.

If executed properly, there is effectively no way to not burn to death in your spawn. It's especially painful in Russian battleships because pushing forward is pointless (you can't hit a thing over 16km, you're getting pummeled from 28,5km) - And you have limited damage con, you just spawned and used them all to maybe avoid death.

It's very specific, a battleship (especially Russians) being focused by a carrier and two rangemod thunderers, i'm not losing my mind over it because it's so specific, but I can tell you, spawning and burning to death before you were even theoretically able to get into cover is cringe, hard cringe. You effectively spawn dead

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, NikolayKuznetsov sagte:

2 Rangemod deadeye Thunderers stacking triple fires on me in my spawn

that's an AFK-players farm division

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Oh right, how could I forget, my bad, topic closed :fish_cute_2:

Comrade, devs just want you to learn how to dodge. It is good for you even in real life. They are really concerned for your  well-being. You just dont appreciate their care and concern for you!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
3 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I've been mostly laughing at all the deadeye outrage because it's 90% potatoes sitting on the J line with a GK, but I changed my mind, smarter people are finding ways to actually abuse this skill in division. I played sovietsky soyuz yesterday :

-Spawn
-Plane spotted, planes are between 6km &10km away so they spot me but I can't shoot them.
in my spawn

Soyuz has a theoretical range of 19km, a realistic range of 14km, they were burning me to death with god-tier accuracy from 28km. It's not possible to push into two HE spamming thunderers to close 14km distance before returning fire, that's five minutes of triple fires. If it's a division doing this in a coordinated way, you don't even have time to spawn & get into the nearest cover before burning to death.

I want to defend wargaming, I often do because I unironically like them, but I can't defend this design, it's completely retarded, it allows 3 coordinated guys to burn all the battleships to death before the match even started.

The holy golden spreadsheet says it's fine.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,266 battles
3 hours ago, 22cm said:

Just dodge!

Cant dodge it, ram it. (ram flag + ram jam = someone reporting you) 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
849 posts
5 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

-Spawn
in my spawn

Oh god NO! don't give me ideas, I'm nearly salty enough to suggest this to my div.mates.

My VIII games this evening have been total :etc_swear:shows cause of IX & X premium/resource BBs spamming HE at max range. (yes even Georgias).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
5,764 posts
22,578 battles
5 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I played sovietsky soyuz yesterday

Aaaaaand here it started to go wrong.

Could only have been worse if You would have been in a Smolensk.

I wonder though the where outcry was when there was this lol-boat divisions - 2 Yamato+spotter planes + CV spotting enemy CV - taking out enemy CVs right at when the battle started (okay, technically at around the what? 40 second mark or so, due to guns loading and planes having to cross the map... but started-ish enough...)

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
7 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I wonder though the where outcry was when there was this lol-boat divisions - 2 Yamato+spotter planes + CV spotting enemy CV - taking out enemy CVs right at when the battle started

That's different, their lives don't matter, deadeye should be -90% dispersion when shooting carriers from 28km.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

dont play any ship that can see the pig farm fire that is 10 game balance.

I like T10, mostly. For all the talk of Russian bias, Russian BBs are struggling more than most with this deadeye J-line snipe stuff

[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,697 battles

Possibly (if you realize what is going to happen from the ship line up during loading) a way to counter this would be to try and get your CV's attention and get him to  put a stop to it.

In theory they can only use the fighters to spot without the Focused skill so they should be vulnerable to being taken out by your CV's fighters (either that or beg your CV to squad shorten and get them to chase his attack planes so they de-spawn afterwards)

I mean it puts your team on the backfoot CV damage race wise but avoiding losing your BB's to sniping is worth that if you can then have the BB's push and turn the Cap fights in your favour thus winning the match (in theory).

Of course this assumes your CV is listening and or capable and or playing team orientated and not "But mah numbers duhu hu!".