Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Ranked event as good as ever.

16 comments in this topic

Players
2,481 posts

So I am in Massa.

Within 6 minutes we lose Tirpitz B and Albemarle because they push a cap (c) alone against 5 enemy ships despite being told not too and after the CV had shown the enemy grouping and pushing.

Our NC sails south to the I and J lines for the whole game and our CV Saipan dumps torpedoes in B cap forcing me and Amalfi to take evasive actions lest his torps hit us. He did this three times whilst we tried to defend the cap..

Amalfi thanks to the CVs torps gets blapped by 2 enemy Massa....

536563809_Screenshot(265).thumb.png.0f51bbae083b86ac251d371ecf0425f4.png

Unreal.

Screenshot (267).png

and it just gets better.

Amagi dead in 5 minutes, Kidd solo at A until we are all but dead...

710901885_Screenshot(268).thumb.png.5f5e107eeee547dd79aafeba59f2b0ba.png

925227185_Screenshot(269).thumb.png.b69818bfd2f05c9f16f5a4f7c188e69b.png

[LD3V]
Players
279 posts
1,455 battles
1 minuto fa, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

Did you expect anything else?

Man there is always place for hope :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
3,136 posts
10,750 battles
1 minute ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

Man there is always place for hope :Smile_trollface:

The best hope you can have is that your team stays alive long enough for you to save your star. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

the whole game and our CV Saipan dumps torpedoes in B cap forcing me and Amalfi to take evasive actions lest his torps hit us

Maybe you should have taken them so he wouldnt have kept his star :cap_yes:

And your teammates survive 6 minutes? Must be some sort of record. Repeatedly ive had 2 or 3 dead teammates within 5 minutes because they hit W and never stopped... they should just get banned, but what can you do :Smile_sad:

Also Massa didnt work for me this week, 10 games 6 losses. All the yolo bots and AFKers ended up on my team. Cossack i had 7 games 6 wins to get me through this shitfest. Interestingly, with Cossack my teammates were generally competent, while with Massa they basicly never were.

Players
2,481 posts
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Cossack i had 7 games 6 wins to get me through this shitfest. Interestingly, with Cossack my teammates were generally competent, while with Massa they basicly never were.

I guess you're right..

Screenshot (270).png

Screenshot (271).png

Screenshot (272).png

[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles
3 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I guess you're right..

DDs do seem to be the way to go this season; as you know, I'm not a good player, but my WR on EU (Silver) is currently somewhere in the mid fifties I think, and my NA account (Bronze) is in the mid-sixties (smaller data set though).

Besides it helping that I'm playing ships that I am comparatively less bad in, a lot of players seem to struggle to deal with an opposing DD that resists the urge to either YOLO, or just torp snipe from the borders. The other factor seems to be that if you get unlucky and your side gets all the Deadeye BBs, it's perhaps easier to deal with in a DD as you often control the vision contest, which the fatties struggle with?

I've found radar very helpful too (the only T8 I have on NA is Orkan), as winning the DD battle often seems to decide the eventual outcome, at least in the absence of CVs.

[-OOF-]
Players
446 posts
7,940 battles

no point to the thread when it's something everyone has seen a thousand times before in every league of ranked.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

There's actually a secret trick to ranked : Team with the least-bad destroyer wins. This rule applies even more to ranked than it does to randoms.

Basically play a destroyer, kill the enemy destroyer, get the caps and stay alive. The rest of your team can have spare copies of their 21st chromosome, doesn't matter, you win. If your team has all the caps and all the vision, the enemy team can be twice as good, it doesn't matter. It's almost impossible for the enemy team to kill your team fast enough to beat the clock. And on the off chance this does happen, you killed the enemy DD and got 3 caps, you always save your star.

This tactic works so well that you are happy there's a tirpitz on your team who started running away in the first minute, because you'll be so far ahead on points that useless idiot staying alive often results in a win.

Play a destroyer.JPG

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I recommend British ones because wannabe-crafty's over here get bored waiting around to kill you after you smoked up for the 6th time. Wannabe-crafty's and their planes are the only thing denying my brilliant "big brain" strategy of getting all the caps all the time

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

winning the DD battle often always seems to decide the eventual outcome, at least in the absence of CVs.

Fixed.

Ranked is simple, too simple : Play DD, kill DD, get caps, ignore potatoes, they can't kill eachother fast enough to beat the clock, especially because everyone is blind. Your team is blind because you're not spotting for them on purpose, the enemy team is blind because you killed their DD. If they can't kill eachother because they can't see shlt and you got all the caps, you win.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts
7 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Unreal.

M8 I suggest you do as I have - go to the Silver league, play 11 wins and if you rank out for the extra R1 prize ok, if not you still get most of it, no stress no nothing, you will get 11 wins even if you are AFK... :cap_haloween:

[SVX]
Players
1,382 posts
16,357 battles
9 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

So I am in Massa.

Within 6 minutes we lose Tirpitz B and Albemarle because they push a cap (c) alone against 5 enemy ships despite being told not too and after the CV had shown the enemy grouping and pushing.

Our NC sails south to the I and J lines for the whole game and our CV Saipan dumps torpedoes in B cap forcing me and Amalfi to take evasive actions lest his torps hit us. He did this three times whilst we tried to defend the cap..

Amalfi thanks to the CVs torps gets blapped by 2 enemy Massa....

Unreal.

and it just gets better.

Amagi dead in 5 minutes, Kidd solo at A until we are all but dead...

dude you play in bronze leauge what do you expect ? 

[LUZ1]
Players
1,396 posts
14,498 battles
30 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Fixed.

Ranked is simple, too simple : Play DD, kill DD, get caps, ignore potatoes, they can't kill eachother fast enough to beat the clock, especially because everyone is blind. Your team is blind because you're not spotting for them on purpose, the enemy team is blind because you killed their DD. If they can't kill eachother because they can't see shlt and you got all the caps, you win.

That's why I only play DD in ranked.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 hours ago, Camperdown said:

That's why I only play DD in ranked.

Playing a DD is the only way to carry consistently for a decent player. Carrying in a cruiser or a battleship you need to be way more than decent. Because you have to kill everyone fast to offset your DD being dead (=no map control, no vision, no caps)

There's a reason everyone with half a brain shoots DDs whenever they're spotted, there's a reason people say "Good job" when you win your DD vs DD duel but nobody cares if you win your BB vs BB duel. People either consciously or subconsciously know this is world of whoever has a competent DD wins.

For maximum consistency, play a DD that can win 1v1, one that doesn't rely on team to beat the other DD, so don't bring a kagero, keeping the other guy spotted is irrelevant if your team won't shoot it.

Sign in to follow this