Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NobleSauvage

Did anyone see this event on NA?

19 comments in this topic

Players
1,072 posts

I logged into my NA-server account today and spotted a news item which I didn't think I'd seen around here:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/paypal-recruitment-rewards/

Has anyone else seen that one yet? Seems a lot like the one we had a few months back for doubloons, albeit with the notable exception that to qualify the new recruit now has to get to T6 instead of T5.

Seriously you whales, you've got to stop spending so much; that way they'll start bribing us EU-server players with real beer tokens as well :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,776 battles

sounds like a job to determine the best bot programs out there

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Beta Tester
5,655 posts
22,473 battles
18 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

I logged into my NA-server account today and spotted a news item which I didn't think I'd seen around here:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/paypal-recruitment-rewards/

Has anyone else seen that one yet? Seems a lot like the one we had a few months back for doubloons, albeit with the notable exception that to qualify the new recruit now has to get to T6 instead of T5.

Seriously you whales, you've got to stop spending so much; that way they'll start bribing us EU-server players with real beer tokens as well :Smile_trollface:

So paying a bounty for attracting new paying customers? Sounds to be a wee bit on the desperate side to me...

I mean, giving stuff in game away for it.. ooookay...

But even paying real money instead of in-game goods or their own imaginary in-game currency...

Have the player numbers on the US server dwindled away lately?

Players
1,072 posts
7 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

So paying a bounty for attracting new paying customers? Sounds to be a wee bit on the desperate side to me...

I mean, giving stuff in game away for it.. ooookay...

But even paying real money instead of in-game goods or their own imaginary in-game currency...

I was wondering that. I know that NA doesn't have as many players as here, perhaps they're also less likely to make purchases (I'd guess things are more expensive over there as it's the region with the highest average wealth of all the WoWs servers). There doesn't seem to be any requirement that the new players are paying customers per se, it's probably that old chestnut of creating new opportunities for marketing (or padding out the server numbers to give an appearance of better health). The interesting part to me (other than the raised requirement to T6) is that they're encouraging people to link their PayPal accounts to WoWs, I'm wondering if that's not the main thrust of the exercise...

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
26,975 battles
13 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Cant blame the muricans for not playing a game where Russian/Soviet ships are the creme... 

• Funny 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,879 posts
21,602 battles

The last time they did this the game got overrun by bots. Almost as if WG doesn't learn from their mistakes. :cap_hmm:

Good thing this is limited to NA only this time at least.

• Cool 4

Players
1,072 posts
30 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Cant blame the muricans for not playing a game where Russian/Soviet ships are the creme... 

But what about the Canadians though? Surely they love Putin... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[UNOVI]
Players
447 posts
7,056 battles
55 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Russian bias is a myth. Seriously.

• Funny 1

Players
192 posts
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

several european nations have far more reasons to be against this so-called russian/soviet bias

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,717 posts
11,779 battles

As an Eastern Europen I have to say I have nothing against Russian/Soviet bias. Even more I am absolutely in favour of our russian overlords. Long live Comrade Putin and the Party!

It may seem our country is playing a trojan horse within the EU for the russians but I have to strictly disagree. There is no such thing and like this there is no russian bias.

До свидания!

Spoiler

gun-to-his-head.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
192 posts
4 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

As an Eastern Europen I have to say I have nothing against Russian/Soviet bias. Even more I am absolutely in favour of our russian overlords. Long live Comrade Putin and the Party!

It may seem our country is playing a trojan horse within the EU for the russians but I have to strictly disagree. There is no such thing and like this there is no russian bias.

До свидания!

Reveal hidden contents

gun-to-his-head.jpg

i also greet our great russian overlords who are so fair, just, and smart ...

can i now have better rng pls

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
1,191 posts
3,169 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The last time they did this the game got overrun by bots. Almost as if WG doesn't learn from their mistakes. :cap_hmm:

Good thing this is limited to NA only this time at least.

NA need more players, this kills two birds with one stone.  

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,316 battles
5 hours ago, NobleSauvage said:

But what about the Canadians though? Surely they love Putin...

Adolf Putin? Czar Vlad? As a Canadian, I don't like the guy at all. Hilarious that Vlad denies that 1.4 billion mansion is not his but then he never says who actually owns & uses it, lol. He knows, ofc.

Players
1,072 posts
2 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

Adolf Putin? Czar Vlad? As a Canadian, I don't like the guy at all. Hilarious that Vlad denies that 1.4 billion mansion is not his but then he never says who actually owns & uses it, lol. He knows, ofc.

I feel you may have missed the incredibly cunning and subtle wordplay there, mate. Try having a look at the link in my post...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,316 battles
6 hours ago, NobleSauvage said:

they'll start bribing us EU-server players

Perhaps. I saw the same advertisement. This offer shows the true state of affairs in NA server.

They want to sucker their player base to do their recruitment work for them rather than actually making their product better themselves.

Personally, I value my RL friends & family more than subjecting any of them to an increasingly useless and wreaked game.

The main problem, ofc, is WG only cares about suckering more new players out of more money.

Players
1,072 posts
2 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

Perhaps. I saw the same advertisement. This offer shows the true state of affairs in NA server.

They want to sucker their player base to do their recruitment work for them rather than actually making their product better themselves.

Personally, I value my RL friends & family more than subjecting any of them to an increasingly useless and wreaked game.

The main problem, ofc, is WG only cares about suckering more new players out of more money.

Yep, it's pretty nakedly mercenary of them. Seems pretty desperate as well...

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,316 battles
3 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

you may have missed the incredibly cunning and subtle wordplay there,

I don't often look at references but I did since you asked. Personally, I like french fries with just gravy - forget the cheese curds. If I wanted cheese I'd just sprinkle some kind of real grated cheese on my fries (but not both together).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,072 posts
1 minute ago, Aethervoxx said:

I don't often look at references but I did since you asked. Personally, I like french fries with just gravy - forget the cheese curds. If I wanted cheese I'd just sprinkle some kind of real grated cheese on my fries (but not both together).

Cheesy Chips and Gravy fo' evah! Or chipshop curry sauce ;)

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,879 posts
15,435 battles
22 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

Try having a look at the link in my post...

image.png.eff066eb8f345e31ea4591bb58e48c9a.png

(Although I'd been here for at least a couple of years before trying the stuff...)

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this