Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mercy_Main

AP bombing Petropavlovsk with Richthofen

8 comments in this topic

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
50 posts
3,366 battles

So I've been trying to bomb a Petropavlovsk with Richthofen's AP bombers and I noticed that I get overpens or regular hits when I drop them at the last moment, but never cit hits. Same thing happens when I drop the bombs from very high altitude. On other cruisers I managed to get cit hits consistently when dropping at the last moment / low altitude. Why is it only with Petro that I get overpens with the bombs when dropping them at lowest altitude, get cit hits when dropping at medium altitude, but when dropping them at highest altitude I get overpens again?

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,816 battles

Bombs have angle of impact like shells, depends on the paricular cruiser's armor and your angle if you can punch through the citadel or not, bombs dont fall 90° vertically. 

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
607 posts
5,017 battles
3 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

So I've been trying to bomb a Petropavlovsk with Richthofen's AP bombers and I noticed that I get overpens or regular hits when I drop them at the last moment, but never cit hits. Same thing happens when I drop the bombs from very high altitude. On some cruisers I managed to get most cit hits when dropping at the last moment / low altitude. Why is it like that? I mean how is it possible that I get overpens with the bombs when dropping them at lowest altitude, get cit hits when dropping at medium altitude, but when dropping them at highest altitude I get overpens again?

Your first mistake was that you are targeting a russian cruiser...

Well richthofen bombers got nerfed with higher aim circle, now bombs drops more to the left and right even when droped in the last moment. So far I have noticed this overpens when I hit the side of the ship. So, bombs drop, I dont hit mid ship , they just graze off the side and overpen happens. 

The RNG of the new MVR bombers is hideous, even fully aimed ship, even dropped at the last moment two bombs go so far left and right unlike before,and yet wargaming did not said they have nerfed rng of bomb dropings that much. And ofc as Petrp being a tight narrow cruiser you will never drop in mid and citadel him. I kinda stoped using them on petro, just rocket planes.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,697 battles

Petro is notoriously difficult to citadel with any AP DBs as the size of the citadel is extremely small.

Almost as if it is intentional. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 2

Players
63 posts

I thinked only a Kremlin and Smolenks has missing machinery space from russian line and now another ship...

Maybe that big cruiser have small reaktor inside to support big engine and lasers...

Some IJN ship have enormous citadell for 203mm guns and low horserpower engine.

But super huge russian ship get mini citadel.

Those ships inner area needs to be redesigned correctly match WW2 tech and get enough machinery space + delete huge inner plates that exist inside a Kremlin around her mini citadel.

• Funny 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,427 posts
16,372 battles
25 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Petro is notoriously difficult to citadel with any AP DBs as the size of the citadel is extremely small.

Russian ships woul rule the waves if yony russian could build them

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,889 battles

Don't even try playing Richthofen unless they give the bombs a massive accuracy buff. 

[4_0_4]
Players
8,143 posts
14,609 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

818173496_Slavicgasp.JPG.9f5b41f10015801ac678b2ddc772f34c.JPG

You didn't say that. There is no way  WG would ever prefer their own nation ships.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this