Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImoutoSaikou

I want the BB's Secondary range to 15km :)

35 comments in this topic

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles

yes, not all but Germany and France others should be at 13km at least.

Like Yamato, she has a secondary that used to be the Mogami's main gun, but range .... hmmm 7km?

Mogami's range is 15.5, but how that 155mm on the Yamato become 7km lol.

----------

Seriously now :)  the 0.10.0 add the new skills like dead eyes, it's the huge buff for those sniping campers, and I tried few times with the new secondary build GK and Republic , I just think there is no sense of existence, I am not saying that the skills of accuracy were nerfed for 60% to 35% but also the old version secondary build stupid too.

The main problem is risk and gain, Most of the secondary build bbs can't survivor into their secondary build range , or they have to wait to the game nearly ends , or enemy almost half dead. 

And players have to spend a lot of CM points on it , but that skills won't be work from start , (like dead eyes) even they were dead by burn that secndary maybe won't fire at least 1 shot.

And the burning time or damage should be lower from now , The lower caliber CA's HE spam was nerfed like Smolensk but Higher caliber HE damage still higher than AP shells, and those HE could work at any time at anywhere no matter the nose or [edited]:p . The HE damage is OK but the Fire is really noisy for any kinds of ships. 

Especially for that huge target like Gk 1th, GK 2nd, and GK 3rd.

Since most of ships now will be nose in enemy , the ship like Montana won't have any idea to dealing with that , I think the damage of overpen on AP should be bit higher from now , how could that a BB solve need 30s to load but make lower damage than a Ca's 10s load solve ? 

The update in my opinion  

secondary range with full build model: 15km T10  (or 16km) / Original accuracy should be buffed at least 50%. ( when I decide to rushing enemy , but my secondary kids is throwing snowballs into water :p )and could be fire on both side.  Auto fire Priority : dd > ca > bb -- cv , or manual .  the secondary could be disabled or need to repair but not only destroyed.

Maybe this will encourage the secondary build ships to lead to pushing from start (or anytime they want ) and won't be dead too quick.

This game now full of map campers and most of tech tree ships got really lower efficiency to make damage , Structural change is needed , we need to encourage the different way to play but not all site over 24km and sniping wait the teammates dead.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
25 minutes ago, ImoutoSaikou said:

Like Yamato, she has a secondary that used to be the Mogami's main gun, but range .... hmmm 7km?

Mogami's range is 15.5, but how that 155mm on the Yamato become 7km lol.

They are not 7km. Equip them right and they reach farther.

• Boring 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

How about we just nerf BB range my 30% and then its solved? Instead to keep just buffing BBs over and over... Buff snipers - Buff brawlers - buff snipers - buff brawlers. I guess BBs are not clogging up the queue enough already, we need a bit more to finaly call it "World of Battleships" like they originally wanted.

Seriously tho, you can just keep buffing BBs, because WG overbuffed many BBs, which hurt some other BBs. Who do you think will end up in your 15km accurate secondary? That Thunderer that shoots HE from 24km right now? Yeah you wish... its DDs and Cruisers, because they dont have the range to begin with. Worst case, you force every Cruiser to play HE damage farmer from 20km, and i dont think you want that. WG is already pushing some players into that direction, which i personaly think is dumb, but that will just end up in more BBs whining, because they get HE farmed by that Henri from 20km and there is nothing they can do about it, because they will barely hit that Henri.

The real problem is, that WG promotes selfish gameplay

- CVs

- Thunderer

- Deadeye

- Longrange HE damage farm Cruisers

Those doesnt win games (well, except CVs, but they still ignore teamplay). But those ships are toxic, because they will just focus on one ship because then they are the strongest. A CV harassing one ship over and over till it dies. A Thunderer farming one BB with HE because it used DCP. Dead-Eye BBs sitting in spawn, not helping their team. HE farming Cruisers in spawn, farming one BB because its closer than the others, and ignoring to help their DDs because they cant push up.

Those are the real issues, not that some builds are not meta and are "ruined" by WG making stupid decisions. These endless buffs over buffs need to stop, but ofc wont, because powercreep is essential in a f2p-grind game.

Anyway, i think we lost this one already. Thanks to BBs being so popular and just being so strong on hightiers, Cruisers already adapted to that. There is no useful play except sitting maxrange or behind islands, where BBs cant devstrike you with one salvo. If you play lowertiers, you see the difference. BBs just dont devstrike anything (well, except glorious rashian BBs) at will. Sure they can get citadels, but often they just get overpens and 80% of the salvo misses even at 12km. Cruisers are also smaller, more nimble and in general have smaller citadels so dodging actually works. Hightiers, they can neither dodge nor angle unless its longrange spamming. Unless its the unfortunate T8-9 BB which cant overmatch 30mm armor and faces a Cruiser who knows what he is doing - then its just a free snack which can get rushed down.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,146 battles
42 minutes ago, ImoutoSaikou said:

You can get them out to 12K without much of a problem - pick the secondary module for Slot 3, captain skills (Long Range Secondaries, CQC) and the appropriate flags. Put Deadeye on as well and it's boost city! Do that on a JB and you've got improved main battery dispersion when your secondaries are out of range, improved main battery reload when they've got a target. What could be wrong with that?

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
787 posts
15,346 battles

BBingo!!! Do we have a winner?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

You can get them out to 12K without much of a problem - pick the secondary module for Slot 3, captain skills (Long Range Secondaries, CQC) and the appropriate flags. Put Deadeye on as well and it's boost city! Do that on a JB and you've got improved main battery dispersion when your secondaries are out of range, improved main battery reload when they've got a target. What could be wrong with that?

Ofc they cant have survival skills, so they get farmed by that SOB Cruiser :Smile_sad:

That happens if you give one class more than others, they will just keep demanding more and more... Thats BBs and CVs for you. How dare AA shoot down muh planes, OUTRAGEOUS! Just look up what Skills Cruisers ended up with. Its pure retardation.

What can i do with my Cruisers now:

- Max range HE farming without concealment meme-build

- Torpedo build :Smile_facepalm:

And thats pretty much it. Everything else is basicly as before, except a bit stronger AA-builds.

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles
18 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

How about we just nerf BB range my 30% and then its solved? Instead to keep just buffing BBs over and over... Buff snipers - Buff brawlers - buff snipers - buff brawlers. I guess BBs are not clogging up the queue enough already, we need a bit more to finaly call it "World of Battleships" like they originally wanted.

Seriously tho, you can just keep buffing BBs, because WG overbuffed many BBs, which hurt some other BBs. Who do you think will end up in your 15km accurate secondary? That Thunderer that shoots HE from 24km right now? Yeah you wish... its DDs and Cruisers, because they dont have the range to begin with. Worst case, you force every Cruiser to play HE damage farmer from 20km, and i dont think you want that. WG is already pushing some players into that direction, which i personaly think is dumb, but that will just end up in more BBs whining, because they get HE farmed by that Henri from 20km and there is nothing they can do about it, because they will barely hit that Henri.

The real problem is, that WG promotes selfish gameplay

- CVs

- Thunderer

- Deadeye

- Longrange HE damage farm Cruisers

Those doesnt win games (well, except CVs, but they still ignore teamplay). But those ships are toxic, because they will just focus on one ship because then they are the strongest. A CV harassing one ship over and over till it dies. A Thunderer farming one BB with HE because it used DCP. Dead-Eye BBs sitting in spawn, not helping their team. HE farming Cruisers in spawn, farming one BB because its closer than the others, and ignoring to help their DDs because they cant push up.

Those are the real issues, not that some builds are not meta and are "ruined" by WG making stupid decisions. These endless buffs over buffs need to stop, but ofc wont, because powercreep is essential in a f2p-grind game.

Anyway, i think we lost this one already. Thanks to BBs being so popular and just being so strong on hightiers, Cruisers already adapted to that. There is no useful play except sitting maxrange or behind islands, where BBs cant devstrike you with one salvo. If you play lowertiers, you see the difference. BBs just dont devstrike anything (well, except glorious rashian BBs) at will. Sure they can get citadels, but often they just get overpens and 80% of the salvo misses even at 12km. Cruisers are also smaller, more nimble and in general have smaller citadels so dodging actually works. Hightiers, they can neither dodge nor angle unless its longrange spamming. Unless its the unfortunate T8-9 BB which cant overmatch 30mm armor and faces a Cruiser who knows what he is doing - then its just a free snack which can get rushed down.

Just add a rule in MM limited the Number of Bbs like CB , most of bad game experience Is MM like a lot of radars or a lot of Thunders together. it's won't be a World of bbs , the HE spamer could block a huge area not only for bbs but also Ca's and dds .

the most of map was not designed for Pushing , if let me say this is the problem.

( btw i have long time didn't see any henri in rank or random ) 

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

The dect range will be problem Rep and GK won't have a chance to sneaky if they pick secondary build 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, ImoutoSaikou said:

Just add a rule in MM limited the Number of Bbs like CB , most of bad game experience Is MM like a lot of radars or a lot of Thunders together. it's won't be a World of bbs , the HE spamer could block a huge area not only for bbs but also Ca's and dds . 

image.png.566eae96da82365a16648c98777579f6.png

Thats the problem tho... 43% of the hightier ships are BBs these days. WG would never limit BBs more than now, because they cant just piss off a big part of the playerbase.

If you are interested in how you need to play those farming Cruiser builds

Pay attention to how he basicly doesnt fight DDs or Cruisers, because hitting them at 16+km is not that easy if they pay attention. They can just go dark or dodge. BBs have a harder time trying to dodge or being undetected. Not to mention if you actually push in, then you are screwed even harder.

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats the problem tho... 43% of the hightier ships are BBs these days. WG would never limit BBs more than now, because they cant just piss off a big part of the playerbase.

If you are interested in how you need to play those farming Cruiser builds

Pay attention to how he basicly doesnt fight DDs or Cruisers, because hitting them at 16+km is not that easy if they pay attention. They can just go dark or dodge. BBs have a harder time trying to dodge or being undetected. Not to mention if you actually push in, then you are screwed even harder.

In this video the problem is reds run away from right side green get a DD really deep in red base , that henri not make too much damage from begins and he also lost half hp even only iowa shot him , He has never being focused , if in this situation I could get more damage with a Hinderberg .

a 20km dect range henri is depend on team spot :)  i guess u won't want have a henri like this when u playing rank :)

u know what those stremer always pick a BEST match to make video in this match his division mates even not shot at anything .

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
13 minutes ago, ImoutoSaikou said:

In this video the problem is reds run away from right side green get a DD really deep in red base , that henri not make too much damage from begins and he also lost half hp even only iowa shot him , He has never being focused , if in this situation I could get more damage with a Hinderberg .

a 20km dect range henri is depend on team spot :)  i guess u won't want have a henri like this when u playing rank :)

u know what those stremer always pick a BEST match to make video in this match his division mates even not shot at anything .

But do you think the BBs being farmed in the back had fun? No, and thats the point. The build sucks, playing like that is anti-teamplay, and he loses because of that. Doesnt change that he actually farmed BBs in spawn, and they couldnt do anything about it (ofc he got lucky that DDs spotted them indefinetely).

My point is, its toxic and selfish gameplay. As much as BBs with deadeye camping in the back. But buffing BBs will only make things worse...

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

But do you think the BBs being farmed in the back had fun? No, and thats the point. The build sucks, playing like that is anti-teamplay, and he loses because of that. Doesnt change that he actually farmed BBs in spawn, and they couldnt do anything about it (ofc he got lucky that DDs spotted them indefinetely).

My point is, its toxic and selfish gameplay. As much as BBs with deadeye camping in the back. But buffing BBs will only make things worse...

Why will become worse the sec build bbs have to keep pushing they won't have a chance to stop in open water, a moving target is hard to hit than camping , the second build will encourage to push but not camping, you won't pick a dead eye and second together for a bb right?

If you ever played Total war or something , too much archer in the enemy army how could we deal with this ? make cavalry crash them that's all.

i just don't understand why a secd build bbs will be selfish.... she should be the core of of fleet to pushing enemy.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
11 minutes ago, ImoutoSaikou said:

i just don't understand why a secd build bbs will be selfish.... she should be the core of of fleet to pushing enemy.

Ofc its not toxic, but it would punish those ships, which currently still try to play for the team, and if you make their lifes even more miserable, then you force them to also sit in the back.

So in the end, it doesnt really solve anything. Instead of buffing brawlers, we need to nerf campers. I think brawling ships would be fine, if it wasnt for this maxrange HE slinging, especially Thunderers.

Beta Tester
5,764 posts
22,578 battles
50 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Recently I had battles with less than 12 players and more than 5 BBs per team... just today 10 players per team, 6 of these BBs, 1 CV, 2 cruisers and 1 DD... not that funny...

If this will become the new average, which I expect as soon as the Italian Stallions BBs hit the MM it's time for a break again, probably... or to take out T4 CVs out a bit to teach the new BaBBies what they have to expect :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,146 battles
58 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ofc they cant have survival skills, so they get farmed by that SOB Cruiser :Smile_sad:

Well, you can still fit Dam Con mods, BoS/Consumable Expert skills, it's not all Disco Inferno. 

But I agree about cruisers. Really they need a Dazzle skill at high tiers, it doesn't look like much fun trying to dodge a permanent BB barrage.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

Yes, the logic is sound here.
BBs are too good with main batteries at long ranges.
The solution?
Let's buff the secondary ranges as well.

Heck, remove every other class while at it, this game should clearly be about BBs only at this point.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Just remove HE from the game and nothing of value is lost.

DD and Cruisers now limited to using AP against BBs.
Lol.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Recently I had battles with less than 12 players and more than 5 BBs per team... just today 10 players per team, 6 of these BBs, 1 CV, 2 cruisers and 1 DD... not that funny...

No surprise there when BBs make up or more than 40% of the ships, because it means, more than 10 ships are BBs, and BBs are basicly capped at 5/team unless someone is sitting in queue too long.

2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

But I agree about cruisers. Really they need a Dazzle skill at high tiers, it doesn't look like much fun trying to dodge a permanent BB barrage.

I was just thinking we basicly need the opposite of deadeye. Like if you have a ship inside of your secondary range, longrange (maybe 15+km) fire gets a dispersion debuff for 10%. F.e. you are a brawling BB, and you have a ship in secondary range, while a Thunderer is hugging the border in his spawn from 20km. When he shoots you, his dispersion gets nerfed.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Let's not deny it though.
It would be lovely to see all those potato BB tears flow when they have to wait 15 minutes in queue for playing that severely overplayed class.

"You wanna play the big, bad boat with the biggest guns?
So does everyone else, now get in line".

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Hirohito said:

Let's not deny it though.
It would be lovely to see all those potato BB tears flow when they have to wait 15 minutes in queue for playing that severely overplayed class.

Id like to stick them together with 3 CVs in one game (rest BBs, so 9) :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles
5 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

Yes, the logic is sound here.
BBs are too good with main batteries at long ranges.
The solution?
Let's buff the secondary ranges as well.

Heck, remove every other class while at it, this game should clearly be about BBs only at this point.

So you want play a match with full of DD or radar CA ? or HE spam CA or full of CVs like USS in history ?  Unless bbs are big target they won't damage you when you can't see it , it's called logic not like imagine.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
3 minutes ago, ImoutoSaikou said:

So you want play a match with full of DD or radar CA ? or HE spam CA or full of CVs like USS in history ?  Unless bbs are big target they won't damage you when you can't see it , it's called logic not like imagine.

Uh, let me recap that:
If the BBs are not big, they won't hurt me when they are undetected?

Sir, are you high?

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles

Some time i really don't understand what you guys are speaking for , just like you all hates bbs for no reason , nowadays the most ship i played is Venizia i can't burning anyone and still feeling ok , and ... i have to say if you really know how to dodge how could those camper hit u from 24km ?it's 15s bro .

[BUSHI]
Players
33 posts
11,712 battles
4 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

Uh, let me recap that:
If the BBs are not big, they won't hurt me when they are undetected?

Sir, are you high?

really don't know what logic you are , it's the shimakaze not the bbs . 

I really don't know how could you just don't understand that  bbs can't hide in smoke now and most of mountains will block their shells , if you just saw the shellis coming for you but sit there want to be hit , i have nothing to say .

What's your rank newbie?

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this