ClayDK

OK WG pls fix the ranked system (rant on the current MM system)

9 comments in this topic

[PNF]
[PNF]
Players
2 posts
2,495 battles

hello to all those who are reading this i know this is a bit of a rant but i think im not the only one who thinks this is an issue and should be fixed for the next season of ranked because ive felt like ive carried my team getting steamrolled by my enemy team and even gotten carried myself but the problem within the game it self is that all players start at the same rank instead of having a so called "placement matches" system like in fx Rainbow six siege (as an example) and this is the kind of match where learning the game is not something that is possible even though to even enter them you have to be quite high ranked and have at least tier 8 (ive seen idiots in tier 10 ships doing stupid stuff me included) but this is ranked and i should not see this kind of MM since it kind of pisses me off if i was in the gold league sure i would see them a lot more often but im currently in bronze and i should see A LOT more red people than purple and i therefor STRONGLY think that WG should add a placement matches system before you enter a rank so you can climb without needing the "this rank is unable to be going back down again" system
image.thumb.png.65c7efd50245fc6058e828d40cd54208.png
(im sorry with no punctuation im not good with them i am trully sorry)

[-FC-]
Players
342 posts
12,444 battles
19 hours ago, ClayDK said:

hello to all those who are reading this. i know this is a bit of a rant, but i think i'm not the only one who thinks this is an issue and should be fixed for the next season of ranked. I've felt like i've carried my team, getting steamrolled by my enemy team, and even gotten carried myself, but the problem within the game i self is that all players start at the same rank instead of having a so called "placement matches" system like in fx Rainbow six siege (as an example). This is the kind of match where learning the game is not something that is possible, even though to even enter them you have to be quite high ranked, and have at least tier 8 (i've seen idiots in tier 10 ships doing stupid stuff me included). But this is ranked and i should not see this kind of MM, since it kind of pisses me off. If i was in the gold league, sure i would see them a lot more often, but i'm currently in bronze and i should see A LOT more red people than purple, and i therefor STRONGLY think that WG should add a placement matches system before you enter a rank, so you can climb without needing the "this rank is unable to be going back down again" system.
image.thumb.png.65c7efd50245fc6058e828d40cd54208.png
(im sorry with no punctuation im not good with them i am trully sorry)

As a public service, I added some punctuation for the OP, since my eyes were crossing when I tried to read his post.  Main issue is that he is up against unicums in the bronze tier, and doesn't like it.  I can understand that.  WG continue to search for a method of making ranked fun ... the search continues.

[THESO]
Players
1,597 posts
18,675 battles

tl;dr

Making an effort is too much to ask, so WG please make getting steel ridiculously easy.

[PNF]
[PNF]
Players
2 posts
2,495 battles
On 1/30/2021 at 11:24 PM, HMS_Kilinowski said:

tl;dr

Making an effort is too much to ask, so WG please make getting steel ridiculously easy.

there is a difference between "making an effort" and climbing a mountain of hard work since its not the first time seeing them there and i believe they hate it as much as i do since they can get crap teammates and not climb and thats not the point i was making i was just saying (and sorry im gonna use the punctuated version since im quite crap)

On 1/29/2021 at 2:31 PM, Glig69 said:

the problem within the game i self is that all players start at the same rank instead of having a so called "placement matches" system like in fx Rainbow six siege (as an example).

and as you can see above, its not that i wouldnt want difficulties climbing. But the fact that to go from the lowest rank to the "middle" of the leagues, (mid silver) is not as it seems just going from bronze 2 to bronze 1 is where i meet the most amount of unicorn players. And thats odd since i should be seeing them more often in silver, and more likely in gold than silver. But as far i can see going from bronze 3 to bronze 2 is meh, you can meet some here and there but bronze 2 to bronze 1 is hopeless if you dont have any clue. so my point stands clear the problem lies with all players starting in the same rank, and there is placement matches like in other games. Its not so players can feel difficulty climbing, but so that players meet different amounts of resistance. So that the clueless people stay in bronze, and the more advanced players start in perhaps silver or gold. And perhaps if WG wanted to, they could make a new rank for those that are so good that gold is not enough, a rank that after maybe 100 ranked matches they unlocked platinum or diamond.

[THESO]
Players
1,597 posts
18,675 battles
6 hours ago, ClayDK said:

there is a difference between "making an effort" and climbing a mountain of hard work since its not the first time seeing them there and i believe they hate it as much as i do since they can get crap teammates and not climb and thats not the point i was making i was just saying (and sorry im gonna use the punctuated version since im quite crap)

[...]

and as you can see above, its not that i wouldnt want difficulties climbing. But the fact that to go from the lowest rank to the "middle" of the leagues, (mid silver) is not as it seems just going from bronze 2 to bronze 1 is where i meet the most amount of unicorn players. And thats odd since i should be seeing them more often in silver, and more likely in gold than silver. But as far i can see going from bronze 3 to bronze 2 is meh, you can meet some here and there but bronze 2 to bronze 1 is hopeless if you dont have any clue. so my point stands clear the problem lies with all players starting in the same rank, and there is placement matches like in other games. Its not so players can feel difficulty climbing, but so that players meet different amounts of resistance. So that the clueless people stay in bronze, and the more advanced players start in perhaps silver or gold. And perhaps if WG wanted to, they could make a new rank for those that are so good that gold is not enough, a rank that after maybe 100 ranked matches they unlocked platinum or diamond.

The problem lies in the Ranked game mode itself. It's not fun to play. It cannot stand for itself. Without any rewards, hardly anybody would play it. One can see it in you arguing for a platinum or diamond league for good players. Why not an additonal paper and wooden league for the people entering at the bottom? Cause you don't like the idea of less rewards. You find it appropriate to get steel and doubloons for your climb through the bottom league. You need to be rewarded for playing, since the mode itself is not fun enough to motivate anybody to play without rewards.

The next problem is you are complaining about something that is not there, "different amounts of resistance". The few good players - and I have been there and seen how few they are - do not constitute different amounts of resistance. The whole bronze league is a joke. So much that I use it as a training room. There is no tactical thinking at all. Good players are hardly even a bonus, cause they are out of position most of the time, just by the rest of the team being out of position and them either overextenfing by definition or being with their team and thus just as useless as the rest of the red bunch. At that level of - I don't even want to call it gameplay - chaos, skill or no skill cease to matter. If 5 min into the game, one team is half the hp of the other cause the people claiming to play the biggest ships cannot do the damage amount of an average DD, that is beyond the impact of a good player.

You say you want those kinds of battles, cause you assume you would do better then, but in chaos, nobody does better, it all collapses to chance, which btw is way less fun than getting fairly beaten by a somewhat consciously playing team.

If people were to stop demanding WG to design a bite-size experience and would start doing a minimum of homework, they would enjoy the game much more. Oh, no, my favorite ship just got nerfed and now statistically loses one in 300 battles more than before. Let the drama begin. Oh no, my captain build doesn't work as before since the rework. Catastrophe, get the pitchforks. Work on the one most influencial factor that is responsible for 20% of my losses? No, thinking = headache. WG, pls compensate my lack of effort by redesigning the game into a bite-size joke. I'd be happy, to defecate any amount of money into the game for that.

[MON]
Players
32 posts
15,732 battles

First of all X tier is extremly unbalanced. All the worst premium ships (especially most annoying one) are on tier X. FDR, Thunderers Stalingrads and Smolenk are there. 

Second one problematic thing about it is huge difents in ship of same class. When you Have Stalingrad a hardly armoured 3/4 battleships that puch like a hammer against Stealthy fly like Minotaur that can be easily IK by almost anything its not much equal. Same come to the DDs Shimas are stealty torp ship and is place against DD hunters like Marceau. 

70% games where there are 3 DDs is over in first 4 minute when one team lost 2 or all DDs. 

Third problem are Thunderers. T dont have much of tanky ability so  90% of Thunderers go to the edge of maps and search for good flank or HE spamm from far away. This sesult in extremy tedious and static gameplay when 2 team shoot at each other at 20 km to the point when one team (more unlucky one) disapear. Domino effect work most of the time. One ship sunk and with focus fire many other in one team swifly follows. Some ships suffer a lot in this especialy US cruisers (Salem and Des) they need to get some cover but when they try to get closer they are usually IK by some dead eye hit, citadel never come alone. This is also extremly punishing for every players that want to play even slightly actively. When you push its usually over very soon in great fire. 

Forth is maps some are simply too binary. Team take wrong  way = game over. 

Five diversity ? What diversity. BBs Yamato, Thunderer, Bour (no GK, almost no Montana, I never met Kremlin, Republique are very rare as well, and noone is mad enough to take Vermont :-D) and DDs are mostly Halland or Smalland and sometimes Shima. 

CV in ranked are kind of questionable but I mostly dont have problem with it (FDR is stupid thou)

I like to see next ranked on tier VII or even VI. 7v7 is good format  I like it much more than 12v12 chaos. 

PS sorry for my English. 

• Cool 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

you wanna fix ranked, first thing you do is move it to tier 7.

t8+ gets all the broken balance and cheese that is cancer to a balanced skill based environment.

• Cool 1

[-FC-]
Players
342 posts
12,444 battles
On 2/1/2021 at 8:29 AM, ClayDK said:

My friend - you include a quote in #5 and label it as mine ... it wasn't; it was the original OP's that I had added punctuation to since his post was difficult to  read.  I don't have any relation to the quoted text - have never played Rainbow 6, and haven't played rank for a while - it raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels.  Life is too short.