Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JohnMac79

Just another chat ban...

25 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

Smolensk asked everyone to push when we were already in the cap, asked him if he was blind or challenged... banned until 12th Feb..

Chat working as intended, of course we need this idiotic auto system instead of making people just use the mute button.

Just another WG mechanic in a fine state.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
18 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

asked him if he was blind or challenged...

so it's ok to call someone disabled or worse, you deserve exactly what you got, hopefully next time it's longer

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 5

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
7 minutes ago, Salentine said:

so it's ok to call someone disabled or worse, you deserve exactly what you got, hopefully next time it's longer

Oh dear i found a snowflake...

I didnt call anyone anything, so now asking if someone is blind is offensive... Maybe i should ask people if they are deaf either in case someone gets the 'thats offensive' police involved.

10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

At least you got what you were asking for :cap_like:

I found another...

This is what is wrong in this world, too many people bothered about hurty feelings. This forum and this game is as bad as reddit.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 3

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles
2 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

This is what is wrong in this world, too many people bothered about hurty feelings.

So bothered that they have to open a thread and whine about it? I agree :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Players
9 posts
2,248 battles
31 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

Smolensk asked everyone to push when we were already in the cap, asked him if he was blind or challenged... banned until 12th Feb..

Chat working as intended, of course we need this idiotic auto system instead of making people just use the mute button.

Just another WG mechanic in a fine state.

Someone forgot their bloodpressure-meds this morning.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,213 posts
9,490 battles

Spot the difference!

12 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

I didnt call anyone anything

37 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

asked him if he was blind or challenged

And for chat ban until the 12th of Feb you are not a first offender. And regarding your wording here, seemingly you deserved every single day of it. Why is it so difficult to just behave and try be be either nice or just SAY NOTHING at all? If you have difficulties to controll our pulses like a grown adult I would advice you are looking for some professionell help. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
7,310 posts
11,668 battles
9 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

I found another...

These days, they are plenty :)

18 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

This forum and this game is as bad as reddit.

Hey, reddit effed wallstreet deep. They are heros now.

• Cool 2

[EIRE]
Players
138 posts
9,866 battles

The fact that you felt the need to open a thread to whine about it makes you the snowflake my friend,

I am also chat banned for some unknown reason but I just don't care.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
3,143 posts
10,750 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Hey, reddit effed wallstreet deep. They are heros now.

GME TO THE MOON! 1f680.png1f680.png1f680.png1f680.png1f680.png1f680.png1f680.png:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,728 posts
11,815 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Spot the difference!

And for chat ban until the 12th of Feb you are not a first offender. And regarding your wording here, seemingly you deserved every single day of it. Why is it so difficult to just behave and try be be either nice or just SAY NOTHING at all? If you have difficulties to controll our pulses like a grown adult I would advice you are looking for some professionell help. 

Just technically speaking he did not call anyone anything. If he stated a question towards that person then he did not state anything, just asked.

I do not know exactly what happened or what was written but if what he says is correct then (even though his actions can be morally questionable) he did not call anyone anything.

This would easily work in front of a judge as we know because politicians use this formula all the time.

If they want to call someone something - for example asking "Are you corrupt?" instead of saying "You are corrupt." because a question is not a statement. A statement is punishible, you can be called out for a statement, but just asking something is not. (South Park has already brought this up.)

And if he is technically correct...

48c.jpg

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

and whine

28,304 + whinings yourself.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles
Just now, Aethervoxx said:

28,304 + whinings yourself.

If you only knew what that word means :Smile_smile:

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles
56 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

asked him if he was blind or challenged.

You used the truth, that this other player was 'challenged'. These 'challenged' types (of which there are many) can't handle being told the truth because they are continually being told they are 'special'.

• Cool 3

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you only knew what that word means :Smile_smile:

I know exactly what that word means. I have a very good vocabulary being something of an amateur philologist (even delving into proto indo-european roots of words) :cap_tea:.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, JohnMac79 sagte:

asked him if he was blind or challenged...

He was playing a Smolensk, you did not really have to ask in the first place.

• Funny 5

[R-M]
Players
1,597 posts
13,544 battles

Insults are one thing but I got chatbanned for telling a guy that he singlehandedly lost us a won ranked  match, which was factually true. By it feels that even just aggressive pinging can get you chatbanned. It's frankly quite ridiculous how much WG pampers people.

• Cool 2

Players
9 posts
2,248 battles
8 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

You used the truth, that this other player was 'challenged'. These 'challenged' types (of which there are many) can't handle being told the truth because they are continually being told they are 'special'.

It takes one to know one you know

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles
8 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

I know exactly what that word means. I have a very good vocabulary being something of an amateur philologist (even delving into proto indo-european roots of words) :cap_tea:.

Then please explain it with this example you identified as "whining":

5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

New data comes during the weekend.

Last weeks data is mixed with the data from before the patch.

One should also note that the data from one week can be quite volatile.

• Cool 1

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
50 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

I didnt call anyone anything, so now asking if someone is blind is offensive... Maybe i should ask people if they are deaf either in case someone gets the 'thats offensive' police involved.

yes you did, define 'challenged' as you clearly meant mentally challenged/disabled, oh well, you continue not calling people anything, next time it's a month then a perma ban, GL

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
779 posts
15,340 battles
11 minutes ago, Salentine said:

yes you did, define 'challenged' as you clearly meant mentally challenged/disabled, oh well, you continue not calling people anything, next time it's a month then a perma ban, GL

Naah, i keep getting bans from 1-2-3 weeks, it changes all the time. Usualy i am unbanned for 1-2 weeks, then back to banned 😂

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles

Lieut Gruber :Smile_honoring: is in your 'locker' (he even says so), Salentine :Smile_glasses:. You & your Davy boys better get out your Subs (when they fully appear) & blow Davy Jonses locker away.

Oh wait, you can't do that - the Locker must be your main Idol or alter (of worship). Stand off. :cap_haloween:  (this is strictly placed for 'mirth', btw)

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
5,734 posts
22,547 battles
34 minutes ago, Salentine said:

next time it's a month then a perma ban

I usually don't use things like "challenged" as I prefer to call an idiot an idiot and a potato a potato... still I only got chat banned once (or twice?) only in my career..

So I wouldn't bet on that perman ban for chat...

I would probably enjoy it, if it would also mean that I would not have to read all the outrageous BS that so many players write there... And I don't those like the OP, but the more snowflake-ish variety.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

So what, live with a chatban.

I got tilted in one ranked game and got 3 weeks ban. I just responded to a flamer who insulted everyone. I just said he can eat ***** with that dirty mouth. Deserved, but felt good.

But I am a returning convict according to WG... and tolerance for us is lower. We get longer bans for milder offences.

As for our ColonelPete, he should get a special forum tag for his content.... I could dig out some memes, but currently I dont feel like dealing with all of his "clever" one-liners.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_OST_]
Moderator, Players, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
3,847 posts
15,129 battles

Because there's nothing to discuss about here I'lL put a stop to this.

Closed

• Cool 1