PT 0.10.1 - Bug reports

18 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,689 posts
4,521 battles

captain bad-Recuperato piccolo copia.png

Captains!

If you encounter any bug while testing on Public Test 0.10.1, please leave your comment in this thread.

Please, also include screenshots, if that would be possible.

Thank you

Weekend Tester
1,429 posts
36,995 battles

I just finished my first match. CB, queued as solo with Småland. We won. But no battle report. And the ship is still in battle. Exp does count towards the mission though.

Edit: aye. Second battle. Same for Z52.

Edit2: Did a ranked with Cleveland. No problem here.

shot-21.01.28_21.18.19-0737.jpg

shot-21.01.28_21.19.41-0039.jpg

shot-21.01.28_21.36.52-0027.jpg

shot-21.01.28_21.36.58-0804.jpg

shot-21.01.28_21.59.06-0515.jpg

[OFFS]
Players
151 posts
32,158 battles

When I first tried to log in, the game remained hanging in the "LOGGING IN" phase.

This happened to me since the second update of 10.0.

Suspecting some patching isssue, I uninstalled the game and installed again from scratch.
When starting the game again I was puzzled by a pannel asking me by my ingame nick if I want to change the region (?!?  I thought there is a single worldwide PT server). I answered Yes and to my surprise I got a pannel asking email and password. Why, as I started from Game Center  an it already knew my ingame credentials ?

Anyway, I went on and was asking to agree to the rules, then loading process started.
After a short period of "LOADING" the screen changed to "LOGGING IN"..and so it is now afetr 2 hours of waiting ?shot-21_01.28_23_36.28-0952.thumb.jpg.c5e49004bfe3de1b926ceba88c70d83a.jpg

can you tell me what is wrong ?

[TAOWS]
Players
17 posts
7,247 battles

Ship stuck in battle after brawl first time.

Second one was fine and the XP from the first one was included but first ship still showed up as in battle.

[OFFS]
Players
151 posts
32,158 battles
9 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

If you can't get past the login/authentication, it's usually the firewall/anti virus blocking the (new) .exe.

thanks but I have no Av ( I do not need it as I stay away fron P  :D) and the game was set as a firewall exception (already played PT 10.0 till its second update. Then login problem started)

[S_C]
Players
6 posts
17,486 battles

Hi 

Played 3 games , I am experiencing a lot of graphical flickering in the UI and game mode.

In the1st Battle the game froze & i had to reset the PC, all of my drivers are up to date 

Additionally my frame rates have dropped by @35% on the same settings as last time.

[KDMA]
Players
25 posts
6,973 battles

In the queue of brawls, has happened that the counter of the ships queueing in that moment goes to -1

Weekend Tester
1,429 posts
36,995 battles
3 hours ago, F4fnir said:

In the queue of brawls, has happened that the counter of the ships queueing in that moment goes to -1

It has to do with the "asymmetrical thing" they are doing. You can have like "cv+bb+ca" vs "bb+2dd". That's how they show there are ships "missing" for a mirrored match.

[THROW]
Players
1 post
20,289 battles
19 hours ago, TataLup said:

When I first tried to log in, the game remained hanging in the "LOGGING IN" phase.

Suspecting some patching isssue, I uninstalled the game and installed again from scratch.

I've had exactly the same issue , did the first part of 10.0 pts fine ,PTS was updated and suddenly couldn't log on and was just on a infinite loop of logging on every time, uninstalled PTS and reinstalled same issue. Waited for next pts still same result.

[TAOWS]
Players
17 posts
7,247 battles

Very odd totals in the queue screen, mostly negative:

image.png.b4b4e7925733c372f40e6e21352cb2c0.png

Sometimes a combination!

image.png.9739edfbd90d82d33de1fe274c832c39.png

Not sure what is going on there! LOL.

Doesn't appear to affect play.

[OFFS]
Players
151 posts
32,158 battles

On 1/28/2021 at 11:52 PM, TataLup said:

When starting the game again I was puzzled by a pannel asking me by my ingame nick if I want to change the region (?!?  I thought there is a single worldwide PT server). I answered Yes and to my surprise I got a pannel asking email and password. Why, as I started from Game Center  an it already knew my ingame credentials ?

Anyway, I went on and was asking to agree to the rules, then loading process started.
After a short period of "LOADING" the screen changed to "LOGGING IN"..and so it is now afetr 2 hours of waiting ?shot-21_01.28_23_36.28-0952.thumb.jpg.c5e49004bfe3de1b926ceba88c70d83a.jpg

can you tell me what is wrong ?

Since then I had the 3 following  USELESS attempts to make Player Suport understand that :

IT IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY GAME since I was already playing an older account that I happen to have.

Anyway I still followed the steps they tell me to do (in what seems to me it is a "default" answer that they copy-paste and send without reading the entire ticket).

How else would they miss the above capitals TWICE !?!

Never the less, I did run and sent the WG diagnostic, I have first checked the files and finally uninstalled BOTH WoWs EU & PT, did a full system & registry check/clean up, then INSTALLED WoWs_EU and WoWs_PT from scratch.

I did it twice !

P.S. I posted this as the last email answer told me to ask for the community help as they seem to be unable to do more than standard advice : :check files -run diag-install new, and simply are unqualified to check their own servers for bugged database check or whatever happens there

MAIL.thumb.JPG.940f721403c61ca0af896731568d9587.JPG

Edited by TataLup
added PS on feb 01 2021

[OFFS]
Players
151 posts
32,158 battles
5 hours ago, GideonRules said:

Very odd totals in the queue screen, mostly negative:

image.png.b4b4e7925733c372f40e6e21352cb2c0.png

Sometimes a combination!

it seems to me they show ships needed  be matched to yours, for MM to set up a battle        ... maybe (?)

Not sure what is going on there! LOL.

Doesn't appear to affect play.

Simply the negative numbers show not  enough players so you will get bots in place

Beta Tester
21 posts

visual bug : bottom ±2 cm of my 1920*1080 screen are not used in port, updated slower in result screen and also weird sometimes during games

shot-21.01.31_17.06.31-0386.jpg

shot-21.01.31_17.17.25-0048.jpg

shot-21.01.31_17.25.50-0047.jpg

Players
134 posts
23,457 battles

I am experiencing the ''ship in battle'' issue so nothing to add realy just the fact that wind streams in water are amazing!