Sign in to follow this  
YidDogg

Ranked: How Dead-Eye ruined ranked

9 comments in this topic

[ARVI]
Players
160 posts
5,572 battles

So, is it allowed to have a discussion about Ranked have been ruined completely, but having 1-3 teammates constantly patrolling the GH/AB lines in every game? That's almost half the team.

Every single ranked game is determined by not skill, teamwork, builds or even RNG - Just how many dead-eye users are on each team. 

I don't even care how well the skill works or not. It is a question of inciting (stupid) players to constantly NOT work with the team. 

• Cool 2

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
45 posts
22,643 battles

Well that is correct Dead Eye is stupid skill wich promotes camper behaviur. 

But also the stupidity of some players is amazing, they sail away from opponent's when they are way behind on points, they camp to farm damage half a km from uncontested cap belonging to enemies.

Or a GK he spamming from blueline for 12 min then goes all in when he's second last ship and rams an enemy, job done star saved.

I have stated this several times to WG, if they want to improve Ranked remove star saving and make points system like clan battle.

• Cool 1

[ARVI]
Players
160 posts
5,572 battles
52 minutes ago, Wingoka said:

Well that is correct Dead Eye is stupid skill wich promotes camper behaviur. 

But also the stupidity of some players is amazing, they sail away from opponent's when they are way behind on points, they camp to farm damage half a km from uncontested cap belonging to enemies.

Or a GK he spamming from blueline for 12 min then goes all in when he's second last ship and rams an enemy, job done star saved.

I have stated this several times to WG, if they want to improve Ranked remove star saving and make points system like clan battle.

I don't disagree, but what I mean is that WG's stupid skill rework has cemented Ranked as a refuge from stupid BB players farming damage.

In ranked sprints there are only 7 ships a side, which keeps them from being focused and killed quickly.

I had a bit of misfortune with teams today, but basically every game the last ships on the map are Thunderer, Conqueror and Yamato, none of them having done anything but damage and perhaps a kill. 

So it's gone from competitive league to just being a haven for long range spammers.

If they don't change victory conditions or cap BB's per team (1 or 2) it's ruined

[MON]
Players
32 posts
15,732 battles

Yes its super fun to see milions of Thunderers farming damage on the edge not losing star. Now even more. Its super fun to angling and get fire by every hit. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,291 posts
26,286 battles

Also, Yoshinos... Why bring Yoshino in ranked... no armour, no radar, etc...

But deadeye isn't the only problem of ranked, it's the very bad playerbase, it's amazing how really bad players reach golden league by just waiting for someone to carry them..

[5HITS]
[5HITS]
Players
49 posts
14,447 battles

ranked battles should be played after the player has 3000 battles experience in random battle mode and should be with tier 4 or 5 ships as they'd require more teamwork skill to win and there is no incentive to play the lower tier so it would be good to have a reason to play them.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
155 posts
On 1/29/2021 at 6:59 PM, tsounts said:

it's amazing how really bad players reach golden league by just waiting for someone to carry them..

I'm by no means anything more than an average player, but reaching the upper reaches of Gold league to find that my team mates were of the calibre of 7-800+ games at <45% WR was depressing.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,291 posts
26,286 battles
1 hour ago, MoneyBagsMcKiwi said:

I'm by no means anything more than an average player, but reaching the upper reaches of Gold league to find that my team mates were of the calibre of 7-800+ games at <45% WR was depressing.

Yep, and they don't even try using the chat, or most times they do but only after they have allowed their team collapse due to lack of support when needed.

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,625 posts
4,358 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 7:59 PM, tsounts said:

Also, Yoshinos... Why bring Yoshino in ranked... no armour, no radar, etc...

But deadeye isn't the only problem of ranked, it's the very bad playerbase, it's amazing how really bad players reach golden league by just waiting for someone to carry them..

That's a matter of personal opinion/taste/preference ... I tried a TRB Kagero for some games just to see if it works ... and a TRB Yugumo in Silver ... it did not of course, but if you want to grind the ship Ranked is a good option, better than Randoms mostly due to less CVs in Silver ....