Sign in to follow this  
VC381

Outnumbered?

6 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,732 battles

By complete coincidence I dipped my toes back into this game a week or so before the captain re-work, after over a year break. I had no idea this rework was coming, was surprised and then actually got really excited, looked great at first glance.

Anyway, one thing I was super excited about was this "Outnumbered" skill for cruisers. Seemed perfect for the kind of flanking and kiting I like to play, especially in the super-cruisers that could really use the improved dispersion. I then read around a little and seems everyone thinks it's a dud, and of course I tried it myself and never got it to proc in actually useful situations. If it procs at all it's too little too late, or you need to do something suicidal to force it.

So I'll just put it out there, has anyone got any decent mileage out of this skill, and what kind of cruisers are you running it on? Maybe I need to use it on a shorter ranged ship, to better avoid friendlies?

[-N5C-]
Players
245 posts
16,208 battles

I have not tested it enough to say if it's worth it or not on SOME cruisers. A good example would be Henri IV, a ship I do find myself often outnumbered in (on a flank, if our team is losing that flank, then it's me vs god knows how many enemies :P). It's a very situational skill, and I wouldn't try it on other than good kiting cruisers (Henri IV, Yoshino, Zao etc). Is it worth it? I don't know yet, but it's an interesting late-game skill that I'm willing to test out some more. I watched a video by Flamu during testing of these new skills, and he just seems to have misunderstood the whole concept of this skill. He rushed in with a Stalingrad, trying early in the game to get into a position where he had more enemies than friendlies surrounding him. This of course went wrong, and he concluded the skill as useless. On that basis, there are probably many other who considers it useless too without giving it a real thought about what the skill are meant for (late game kiting, maybe turning a losing battle to a winning battle, and this skill may help a lot in those situations). 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,732 battles

Thank you! As I said, I knew nothing about the re-work so I was not familiar with the community "testing" of the skill. I tried it on Agir and was not playing hyper-aggressive at the start to try and force it. A few times it almost worked but had issues keeping enemies spotted. One time it definitely worked I was so outnumbered it didn't matter :Smile_coin:

I don't have a HIV or Yoshino. I do have a Zao but I am throwing points at those torpedo skills on IJN cruisers just for fun. Those ships don't need many points for a solid build, and are so accurate anyway at all ranges the -10% dispersion is really wasted. I would like to get Azuma or Yoshino some day, so I guess will try again on those. I guess Kronshtadt or Alaska will not benefit much from it?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,732 battles

I have not specifically tested it more, but I realised on some cruiser builds I have spare points and no idea what to spend them on. So in those situations I guess I may as well use outnumbered even if it trigers rarely, because anything else would be just as useless and at least this effect is potentially very cool and powerful when it does work.

[-N5C-]
Players
245 posts
16,208 battles
On 28/01/2021 at 11:51 PM, VC381 said:

I have not specifically tested it more, but I realised on some cruiser builds I have spare points and no idea what to spend them on. So in those situations I guess I may as well use outnumbered even if it trigers rarely, because anything else would be just as useless and at least this effect is potentially very cool and powerful when it does work.

On what cruisers have you put it on?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,928 posts
5,732 battles
7 hours ago, Nit0 said:

On what cruisers have you put it on?

German ones for now, really only Agir though. Cruisers still only need 10-14 points for a solid build so there's tons to "waste". On IJN I went full torp meme, on US I'm trying the other special skill (more reload when enemy is inside your detection).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this