You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Prophecy82

When the next patch hits....

26 comments in this topic

Players
1,713 posts
23,050 battles

I think it became clear that the Skill-Rework needs a lot of Re-Balanz....

So, can we expect that the free Reskill time for the Rework-Rebalance will be prolonged?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[RONIN]
Players
599 posts
4,975 battles
8 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

So, can we expect that the free Reskill time for the Rework-Rebalance will be prolonged?

what will that do? What will change if they prolong it? Nothing.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles

Here is what i think might happen:

- 3-6 months "gathering data" for " " " Spreadsh(i)eet " " "

- Reworking some skills - more or less id say

- At best some skills are being removed or changed so much, that we get a partial reset on our commanders (if you had that particular skill), otherwise we will be stuck with "slightly" nerfed skills.

• Cool 3

[PASOK]
Players
132 posts
8,789 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Here is what i think might happen:

- 3-6 months "gathering data" for " " " Spreadsh(i)eet " " "

- Reworking some skills - more or less id say

- At best some skills are being removed or changed so much, that we get a partial reset on our commanders (if you had that particular skill), otherwise we will be stuck with "slightly" nerfed skills.

so best case scenario, i'll be back after summer vacation. as the king above wrote, since cv rework is still on the investigative stage, i am not that optimistic about the captains. time will tell, perhaps a break is what i need from this game. i've been playing since Feb 2016 and i think this update made the game as passive as it gets especially with the fun police patrolling the skies. i still read the forums and reddit, in hope that the fix comes sooner...

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

few of the perks function intuitively.

some are downright contradictory to expectation.

the game fails to communicate their function.

many perks are predicated on broken game mechanics.

no amount of tweaking stats will fix most of them.

the rework is a foundationally broken before you even start looking at specific stats.

the stuff thats nothing to do with the perks is great. 

except for the 500dbl standard cost. that should be 10dbl per level (eg: 100 dbl for 10pt, 200 for 20pt) if they expect it to actually be used.

being able to get SOMETHING for un-used captains is a boon.

being able to preview perk effects is long overdue.

• Cool 5

Players
3,898 posts
21,075 battles

They most likely think its fine and just needs little tweaks for a year starting in about 4 to 6 months.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,292 posts
20,558 battles

I very much doubt that they will extend the free reset, we are going to get a few months of tweaks to the Captain skills and there’s the potential to make some money in that. 

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,879 posts
15,435 battles
2 hours ago, Prophecy82 said:

I'm assuming that the free respec won't be extended, and that all subsequent tweaks will happen in a spaced out way, so giving WG a sort-of fig-leaf to hide behind to justify no more free respecs to fix whatever they break with balancing...

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles

Since I do believe that certain skills will be rebalanced sometime after the next patch hits, I.e. deadeye and others, I will be making damn sure that most of my captains have no skills assigned to them before the free respecc period ends.

While this limits the number of TT ships I can play for a while, it also limits the amount of ECXP, FXP and possibly even dubloons I might have to spend for respeccing captains should certain skills be no longer a must have, I.e. deadeye. 

• Cool 6

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,897 battles

Even after being caught with their pants down over the santa loot crate foolishness they just continued to sell them with no change whatsoever. All we got was a post on the forum saying we are all stupid and they didnt want to confuse us by providing actual information... and all of this was just one month ago.

A fraction of a percentage of players visit the forums so most people wont know just how shady it all was, so my expectations on anything positive happening from WG regarding this dumb :etc_swear: ‘rework’ is precisely nil.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

Fat chance.

Personally I'm just going to reset all my commanders before the period ends and then... just not play the game until we have something resembling a reasonable set of commander skills. And if that never happens... well, it's not as if my Steam and Gog accounts are void of unplayed games.

• Cool 5

[LAWS]
Players
82 posts
6,122 battles

I am waiting for the obligatory " the data we have in our spreadsheets back up what we have been telling you all along, back up our changes and endorsing our patch all along" 

• Cool 1

Players
3,160 posts
22,798 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Wulf_Ace sagte:

what will that do? What will change if they prolong it? Nothing.

It would mean players could test the rebalanced skills without being ripped off (quite as badly).

It's evil and bad enough as it is to serve up such a shoddy, half-baked product to let your customers do the important part of the development.

But making players actually pay for the privilege to do Wargaming's job for them - that would be downright trumpian.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,764 posts
9 hours ago, Prophecy82 said:

Ahh no comrade, slight change in the skills stats doesnt make it a principal change, no need to extend anything as you should know if you want what the skill gives by then or not... :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,061 posts
Vor 9 Stunden, Prophecy82 sagte:

Depends on if WG considers those changes to be "significant".

Untitleddd.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,316 battles

You mean the miss matched fabric 'patch' (one of many) to the falling apart pair of farmers trousers masquerading as clothing, don't you?

• Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,399 posts
32,619 battles
8 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Personally I'm just going to reset all my commanders before the period ends

That´s my plan too. When does the free re-spec end?

Players
2,588 posts
13 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

What players are going to get is statement that changes were cosmetic and partial respec discount. :Smile_teethhappy:

or

Only changed skills will get replaced with skill points, while untouched ones gonna be left alone on captains. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
650 posts
17,152 battles
20 hours ago, Prophecy82 said:

Remember the answer they gave us last year for so called CV-Rework :

"We don't want to go crazy about this . So no you won't  get another free cpt reset!"

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,116 posts
22,875 battles
8 minutes ago, King_Of_The_Potatoes said:

Will be resetting my commanders before the free reset ends then probably reinstall warthunder. 

I'm looking at Stardew Valley. After the Dockyard ends I'm going to do some farming.

• Cool 2

[JJR]
Players
92 posts
3,992 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm looking at Stardew Valley. After the Dockyard ends I'm going to do some farming.

That is a great game. If I rage at warthunder I will return to Skyrim. 

[NECRO]
Players
3,061 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, King_Of_The_Potatoes sagte:

Will be resetting my commanders before the free reset ends then probably reinstall warthunder. 

CU there! :Smile_honoring: