Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HmS_Grimm

Whos idea was this

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[_HMS_]
Players
16 posts

Who's braindead idea was this mission WG?? :Smile_facepalm:

It's nearly impossible to get 12 incapacitations in a single game yet alone 12 kills. I know you can do other half of the mission, but yeeez does anyone eaven look before you release mission parameters?

Brez naslova.png

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,515 posts
23,108 battles

Judging by the way the skill rework encourages long range HE spam from battleships I can easily imagine a few people achieving this mission via the incapacitation aspect.  

 

Although I'm certainly not a fan of WG encouraging this HE sniping meta.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EFOL]
Players
447 posts
12,990 battles

Actually it's bad wording (how strange for WG)

Incapacitations and Destroyed can be added. No need to score 12 incapacitations or 12 kills. Can be 6+6, or any combination resulting 12 (or more).

 



Take Thunderer, shoot at couple of DDs and cruisers.

Job done.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,668 posts
10,100 battles

Just shoot some DDs and Cruisers (preferably those having 4 torp launchers or flimsy turrets - IJN are prime targets) with Thunderer. You can probably get like 3-5 incapacitations per salvo.

image.png.7f2e1586d83ce8fcdd34a5b1ff3757e9.png

Here one coop i did recently with Thunderer ... 13 incaps just by spamming Cruisers with HE :cap_fainting:And in Coop you usually have less time than in randoms.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,168 posts
6,026 battles

thats about 6 he salvos on target if you get lucky

4 if you get lucky with shooting dd

 

if unlucky a few matches spamming he from RN or IJN bb should do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[G-O-M]
Players
2,159 posts
12,563 battles
12 hours ago, HmS_Grimm said:

Who's braindead idea was this mission WG??

You just answered your own question  :cap_haloween:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,822 posts
14 hours ago, HmS_Grimm said:

Who's braindead idea was this mission WG?? :Smile_facepalm:

It's nearly impossible to get 12 incapacitations in a single game

Ehm why? Play gun boat DD and you will get those. Its pretty easy to farm them.

 

Edit: didnt notice BBs only. Take monqueror and thats it. Easy.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
5,079 posts
20,768 battles

First try on Thunderer was 8 incapacitations and two kills, probably could have got 12 if the Plumber didn't decide to turn up!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
5,079 posts
20,768 battles
13 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Ehm why? Play gun boat DD and you will get those. Its pretty easy to farm them.

 

Battleships only.

 

Incidentally, the CV mission is 140 incapacitations. In an HE battleship, 40 should not take long at all. Just target destroyers and you can do 3 Incaps per salvo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,822 posts
34 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Battleships only.

 

Incidentally, the CV mission is 140 incapacitations. In an HE battleship, 40 should not take long at all. Just target destroyers and you can do 3 Incaps per salvo.

Oh my bad. Didnt notice that. Thanks for heads up.

 

Then its monqueror is the way to go. @OP take her and shoot cruisers+DDs. Easy peasy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
360 posts
12,280 battles
14 hours ago, HmS_Grimm said:

Who's braindead idea was this mission WG?? :Smile_facepalm:

It's nearly impossible to get 12 incapacitations in a single game yet alone 12 kills. I know you can do other half of the mission, but yeeez does anyone eaven look before you release mission parameters?

Brez naslova.png

Are you for real? One of the easiest missions, did it in one attempt in a Conqueror.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF2]
Players
3,569 posts
5,156 battles
11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Just shoot some DDs and Cruisers (preferably those having 4 torp launchers or flimsy turrets - IJN are prime targets) with Thunderer. You can probably get like 3-5 incapacitations per salvo.

image.png.7f2e1586d83ce8fcdd34a5b1ff3757e9.png

Here one coop i did recently with Thunderer ... 13 incaps just by spamming Cruisers with HE :cap_fainting:And in Coop you usually have less time than in randoms.

I was thinking this one exactly, take Conqueror, Thunderer or Bourgogne, shoot HE at DDs and CLs. You need just 3 or 4 volleys to land and you've done the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
2,069 posts
16,033 battles
12 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

Are you for real? One of the easiest missions, did it in one attempt in a Conqueror.

 

what? you managed kill 12 ships ? wow man just wow

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
360 posts
12,280 battles
4 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

 

what? you managed kill 12 ships ? wow man just wow

There is no requirement to kill 12 ships. You need to get 12 ribbons, both incapacitations and kills count (e.g., 2 kills + 10 incapacitations). And getting incapacitations in HE spammers is super easy.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
2,069 posts
16,033 battles
5 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

There is no requirement to kill 12 ships. You need to get 12 ribbons, both incapacitations and kills count (e.g., 2 kills + 10 incapacitations). And getting incapacitations in HE spammers is super easy.

 its done dunno already when , it was just a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
360 posts
12,280 battles
Just now, gabberworld said:

 its done dunno already when , it was just a joke

Oh lol, didn't realize it was sarcasm. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
2,069 posts
16,033 battles

 

4 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

Oh lol, didn't realize it was sarcasm. 

 

i managed make max 6 kills tho with arp hiei, far away to 12 kills :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNNF]
Players
344 posts
24,620 battles

No worries, next time it will be : " Get 12 kills and 12 incapacitations ribbons in one battle " 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
6,550 posts
15,615 battles
Just now, StonerStanley said:

this is pretty much saying "buy thunderer"

This can be done even with GK using HE:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×