You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MightyMac22

Game mechanics broken

13 comments in this topic

[TF57]
Players
48 posts

What chance has anyone got of playing this game anymore ?

Seriously the Commander Rework has added talents that you have no on screen notification of and today I am playing with no detected notifications at all.

I just sat 9.8 Km from a cruiser in a high tier British DD with no detected notifications and was waiting for my 10k torps to reload 5.4.3 when the cruiser opens up directly at me.

Come on, I don't mind loosing fair and square but.......... Most of the words I want to use would get edited or the whole post pulled

SORT IT OUT WAR GAMING.

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

you did re-spec your commander for priority target right, you didn't assume that the recommended skills from WG had it just because you had it before?

• Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
15,044 battles
40 minutes ago, Salentine said:

you did re-spec your commander for priority target right, you didn't assume that the recommended skills from WG had it just because you had it before?

Some of the recommended skills are a bit strange - I'm sure I was shown 'last stand'' for a BB.

[TSSU]
Players
220 posts
4 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Some of the recommended skills are a bit strange - I'm sure I was shown 'last stand'' for a BB.

That's a very polite way of describing some of the "recommended" skills. As a precaution i reset every single captain to ensure i wasn't stuck with "recommended" if i in-advertantly forgot to respec.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
15,044 battles
2 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

That's a very polite way of describing some of the "recommended" skills. As a precaution i reset every single captain to ensure i wasn't stuck with "recommended" if i in-advertantly forgot to respec.

I though I'd avoid the standard 'vodka haze' as a suggestion on the behind the scenes decision making process at WG.

I did the same - someone posted a link to the web page where you could reset all captains.

Players
33 posts
2,116 battles

If only the game mechanics. This game is broken in many ways

- matchmaking doesn't exist. When you constantly get matches with the highest winrate on your team being 48-49 and 60 on the opposite team, don't tell me it exists. It doesn't. I don't check the player stats during a battle but if I did, I'd knew the outcome from the start.

- p2w with a gazillion ton of golden ships, boosters, premiums and whatnot.

- there's a huge gap between new players and nerds/smurfs with thousands of battles played. I don't have a single captain with even 19 points, 14 I think is my highest ans I'm being matched constantly with ships uaing flags, 21 poibt commanders, ship equipment and so on.

- community is atrocious. It's toxic, elitistic, unwelcoming.

- their payment model is outdated in general. The "premium" account is an outdated concept nowadays which is rarely used. 

- compare this game to league of legends. In lol you create account, pick a starting champion and you win. In this game you create account, pick a starting ship and you get wrecked by a dude on a broken ship with all the boosters, flags, captains this game has.

- updates are so rare in this game. Last time I was checking when subs were put to test. Still no indicatio  of when they are actually coming.

- there is no coordination, no teamplay, no synergy between ships. It's like a blob - big ships, medium ships, small ships and planes. Small ships can fk up everyone. Medium ships can be fked by everyone. As a result every battle follows the same pattern and it's getting boring pretty fast.

- what other pvp game can constantly be telling you that your opponent is winning? Or that your team is winning? Seriously I had a game when the narrator dude waa saying this non stop for like 5 minutes! "The enemy team is about to win!". For 5 minutes!

- whatever this games management is doing, it's not good enough. They may have a money constraint though and hence the lack of changes/actual content besides the new ships for real money.

Anyway I felt like I needed to get this out of my chest.

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Players
48 posts

Having thought about it for a while, the obvious culprit would be server lag.

As both ships were stationary it would be easy to miss it.

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

pick a ship

go into co-op

aim 1km to the side

note the time to target.

convert to m/s

notice its nothing remotely like whats listed in dock

realise that 2200 to 2600 m/s is high apds penetrator velocity or basic rail gun velocity.

stern on, you can expect to only effectively dodge at over 10 km in a dd 12 km in high tier cc(14 in mid) and 18 in fast bb.

under that you are relying on player error / inexperience.

if you are close to broadside, forget about it. the game has cartoon literally sideways dispersion.

Beta Tester
5,687 posts
22,514 battles
5 hours ago, MightyMac22 said:

with no detected notifications

with no "detected" notification how would

5 hours ago, Salentine said:

priority target

would have any use?

If not detected, one can not be a target for enemy...

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,319 battles
11 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Some of the recommended skills are a bit strange

They certainly are. 

Players
2,588 posts
17 hours ago, MightyMac22 said:

I just sat 9.8 Km from a cruiser in a high tier British DD with no detected notifications and was waiting for my 10k torps to reload 5.4.3 when the cruiser opens up directly at me.

No 'being spotted' notification? You probably forgot to pick "Situation Awareness". :Smile_trollface:

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,319 battles
19 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Some of the recommended skills are a bit strange

They sure are - like a DD with 8k torps that is not recommended to take PM, SF nor FtT (all torpedo or torpedo tube skills) plus maybe not even CE. Ya sure, WG wingnuts.

• Cool 1

Players
2,047 posts
14,501 battles
18 hours ago, rustyfeeder said:

If only the game mechanics. This game is broken in many ways

- matchmaking doesn't exist. When you constantly get matches with the highest winrate on your team being 48-49 and 60 on the opposite team, don't tell me it exists. It doesn't. I don't check the player stats during a battle but if I did, I'd knew the outcome from the start.

If you are a better than average player, given a big enough sample size, you'll win more than you lose. In the same way that the number of unicums in your or the enemy team will tend to balance out. MM is not out there to either fupp you (you as in anyone) nor polish a turd.

- p2w with a gazillion ton of golden ships, boosters, premiums and whatnot.

Plenty of silver ships that are the equal of premium ships. Not sure what you mean by boosters. You have players nicely getting along with silver ships, no premium time, no p2w to speak of.

- there's a huge gap between new players and nerds/smurfs with thousands of battles played. I don't have a single captain with even 19 points, 14 I think is my highest ans I'm being matched constantly with ships uaing flags, 21 poibt commanders, ship equipment and so on.

Forum angst notwithstanding, the difference between a 21 point captain and a 14 point one is not that big. Plenty of builds and classes where those last 6-7 points do not add anything groundbreaking.

- community is atrocious. It's toxic, elitistic, unwelcoming.

Community is mostly nice, most people with experience in other game communities say as much. It is certainly not elitistic and pretty welcoming, IF you don't enter the china shop like a bl00dy bull.

- their payment model is outdated in general. The "premium" account is an outdated concept nowadays which is rarely used. 

Mmmm, ok? Scratching my head with this one.

- compare this game to league of legends. In lol you create account, pick a starting champion and you win. In this game you create account, pick a starting ship and you get wrecked by a dude on a broken ship with all the boosters, flags, captains this game has.

See above. You get wrecked because you must learn to play the game. I would assume this is the same with lol or any other game for that matter. 

- updates are so rare in this game. Last time I was checking when subs were put to test. Still no indicatio  of when they are actually coming.

You DON'T want them coming.

- there is no coordination, no teamplay, no synergy between ships. It's like a blob - big ships, medium ships, small ships and planes. Small ships can fk up everyone. Medium ships can be fked by everyone. As a result every battle follows the same pattern and it's getting boring pretty fast.

Small ships can fupp up everyone? Why don't you play DDs more then? Stop playing CVs and BBs. Also, willing to bet that lack of coordination/teamplay is a bugbear of players across every coop game out there.

- what other pvp game can constantly be telling you that your opponent is winning? Or that your team is winning? Seriously I had a game when the narrator dude waa saying this non stop for like 5 minutes! "The enemy team is about to win!". For 5 minutes!

So the thick of hearing can (if it is their wont) do something about it instead of happily sailing watching their big guns go boom boom every 30 seconds.

- whatever this games management is doing, it's not good enough. They may have a money constraint though and hence the lack of changes/actual content besides the new ships for real money.

Anyway I felt like I needed to get this out of my chest.

There is so much content you can put out there and believe me, most of it is automatically disliked by all and sundry; ships, camos, game modes, maps, events, your pick.