Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Yeeeaah!! My first 21 pointer!!!

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles

Finally I can start to earn a bit of Elite Captain XP again!

shot-21_01.26_17_17.12-0478.thumb.jpg.e68c7b21baa2c28ceeaa8aa5f15d8f95.jpg

Also good that it is on Cunningham which I think beside Kuznetsov is one of the more OP commanders and who I use on both Daring, Cossack, Thunderer, Nelson, Duke of York and Belfast, Exeter and London. So running these ships with commander camo and flags should give me some return.

What I did was just to Dismiss a lot of wasted 10-14 point commanders that was collecting dust in port from all nations using the ingame credit option and Boom 1.2 Million Elite XP. Wont miss those dismissed captains since my 19-20 points Legendary captains with their extra bonuses and triggers, has taken their places on 4-5 or 6 ships in their respective nation.

I could probably boost my Kuznetzov to 21 as well, who need lazy captains and credits.....

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,981 battles
59 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

What I did was just to Dismiss a lot of wasted 10-14 point commanders that was collecting dust in port from all nations using the ingame credit option and Boom 1.2 Million Elite XP.

Did you use credits to retain a portion of the dismissed captain's XP?

I have quite a few of the 'comic' commanders (10 pointers I believe) that I could do this to.

I already have Lutchens as a 21 pointer as I already had 1.2M+ Elite XP for that purpose - most of the lines already had a 19 point captain so I was saving it that way.

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
20 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Did you use credits to retain a portion of the dismissed captain's XP?

I have quite a few of the 'comic' commanders (10 pointers I believe) that I could do this to.

I already have Lutchens as a 21 pointer as I already had 1.2M+ Elite XP for that purpose - most of the lines already had a 19 point captain so I was saving it that way.

Yeah, I used the credits option to get a lot of Elite Cap XP for credits. Had a lot of 10-12-14 pointers that I havent used in over 2 years and also more then 100 M credits. Also having a bit OCD im just happy to clean out my reserve a bit.

Love the Recall button to just Swish my Cunningham between 5-6 different ships.

• Cool 3

Players
2,729 posts
15,245 battles
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Love the Recall button to just Swish my Cunningham between 5-6 different ships.

Surprise, you could do the same before rework.:Smile_trollface:

Of course skills would be the same on all classes so here is a positive change (and the only one for that matter).

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

I had 1.2 mill ecxp ready, so I buffed Yamamoto to 21 points on day 1.

I can rotate him through a ton of premiums (Musashi, Kii, Mutsu, a buttload of anime Kongos, Yoshino, Atago, ARP Myoko, Harekaze, Asashio and Shinonome plus a couple of lower tier boats if I feel like clubbing) plus Yamato. Give me a couple of days with 200% first win bonus and I can rack up a fair bit of ecxp 

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,810 posts
47,325 battles
38 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I can rotate him through a ton of premiums (Musashi, Kii, Mutsu, a buttload of anime Kongos, Yoshino, Atago, ARP Myoko, Harekaze, Asashio and Shinonome plus a couple of lower tier boats if I feel like clubbing) plus Yamato. Give me a couple of days with 200% first win bonus and I can rack up a fair bit of ecxp 

I probably wait to such a superweek. They are not that common nowadays but does it not often happen during end of WW2 in Europee, early May? 

Now just grinding a few. i have credits to around 4-5 x130 M but that is a one shot thing. Therefor I wait until I have moved somewhat up the ranks with a few captains i.e. 25-50% at least of the 1,2M.

Grinding König and Izmail hard on 130 and 95 /1200 so far together with a few others Halsey etc. As the 5% Extra gives a little more than just using elite XP i can as well grind those mid tier fav. ships. Izmaili is Kuznetzov so it is pretty fun.

I have dismissed a lot of under 10 p. In my reserves are still 1x14, + 37x10 spread across nations +16 Fantasy 10 p (Anime etc) + lots of lower Anime and fantasy - these I keep as I do not know if they ever return.

Now it may be stupid to keep all those 10p but there will be new lines and I will not back down on my principle of having a 10 p on all ships in port. Only Novik w 9 is without that. So the grind will be both natural usual grind, elite xp and credits.

Players
2,588 posts
16 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I already have Lutchens (...)

Wanted to make a joke and decided to look for the portrait, but even google gave up... :Smile_playing:

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
17 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

Surprise, you could do the same before rework.:Smile_trollface:

Of course skills would be the same on all classes so here is a positive change (and the only one for that matter).

Yeah I know, but it was the second part I ment. Before I had to decide between having Cunningham on Thunderer for the extra heal and for the faster reload OR on the Daring for the extra consumables and extra speed (2 floods). now I can just Zip him between 5-6 different stron Premiums and Daring and have special build on them all. British is specially good for this I think with Thunderer, Nelson, Belfast, Cossack etc etc.

Altho Russia is quite good as well but there im missing a couple of Premiums like Gremmy and Stalingrad. I will probablu use Kuznetzov on Petro, Moskva, Smolensk, Kutuzov and the trollboat at T5

16 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Yamamoto is probably my second pick. I was first considering the Swedish bloke since I play Halland most due to CV Meta. But Yamamoto I can actually play on all my Kraken mosters like Shimakaze, Asashio, Kamikaze R and then also on Atago.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,345 battles

Guess how many XP you need, if you playing as a Beta Tester  if @OldschoolGaming_YouTube remembers? Same as me... how much XP was it? 9,999,999 smth for Admiral of the Fleet? I dont remember... (in the Closed Beta)

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
3 minutes ago, Turion1979 said:

Guess how many XP you need, if you playing as a Beta Tester  if @OldschoolGaming_YouTube remembers? Same as me... how much XP was it? 9,999,999 smth for Admiral of the Fleet? I dont remember... (in the Closed Beta)

Im sorry but I dont understand your question? How much XP for a "full" captain back in CBT? Im not sure actually.... and they werent even 19 points back then, right? Like 15?!

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,452 battles

Congratulations! As for myself I had been saving up elite XP for months, ever since I got wind of this rework. so I am now starting up with 14 21-point commanders (all IJN Cuisers+ couple of frequently played others). :cap_like:

Hope to be able to upgrade steadily 1 or 2 per month from now on (takes about 3 weeks to get 1,2M elite XP, when using special signals and best camos), next targeting individual ships I generally like to play the most (I have dedicated commanders in each ship). We'll see what the situation is by next X-Mas then, hope to get roughly 1/3 updated to 21 points before then. That'll keep me busy from now on I guess.:fish_viking:

Players
2,045 posts
14,491 battles

There are a few premium US BB 10 point captains I could do without, now that I think of it, since I only need Halsey and Ovechkin (a secondaries build and a tank build) for Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, W. Virginia,  Alabama, Missouri, Georgia and Ohio.

[DREAD]
Players
10,842 posts
7,470 battles
21 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Finally I can start to earn a bit of Elite Captain XP again!

shot-21_01.26_17_17.12-0478.thumb.jpg.e68c7b21baa2c28ceeaa8aa5f15d8f95.jpg

Also good that it is on Cunningham which I think beside Kuznetsov is one of the more OP commanders and who I use on both Daring, Cossack, Thunderer, Nelson, Duke of York and Belfast, Exeter and London. So running these ships with commander camo and flags should give me some return.

What I did was just to Dismiss a lot of wasted 10-14 point commanders that was collecting dust in port from all nations using the ingame credit option and Boom 1.2 Million Elite XP. Wont miss those dismissed captains since my 19-20 points Legendary captains with their extra bonuses and triggers, has taken their places on 4-5 or 6 ships in their respective nation.

I could probably boost my Kuznetzov to 21 as well, who need lazy captains and credits.....

Congrats :Smile_honoring:

didn’t use any free Cpt XP to get up to 21 Pts yet although I also traded in some unused Captains 

Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,345 battles
58 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Im sorry but I dont understand your question? How much XP for a "full" captain back in CBT? Im not sure actually.... and they werent even 19 points back then, right? Like 15?!

It wasnt a Question, i just remember back in the Closed Beta that you need to grind lots of XP to gain new Captain Points and the highest Rank was "Admiral of the Fleet" i think and it takes a massive grind back in the Days.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Turion1979 said:

It wasnt a Question, i just remember back in the Closed Beta that you need to grind lots of XP to gain new Captain Points and the highest Rank was "Admiral of the Fleet" i think and it takes a massive grind back in the Days. 

I think that even existed in 2016 and even 2017? At some point, they reworked the skills because back then there were skills for 5 points. And i believe the final captain level was indeed 9.999.999 million.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, albin322 said:

i got 6 21 points captains :cat_cool:

Only up to 3 so far, Cunningham, Yamamoto and Kuznetzov.

Are grinding some coal but right now, im not sure to use it to buy Gunter Luchenz or Pommern?

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,956 posts
18,721 battles

Don't you earn more XP in total if you use a 19 point (or lower) captain instead of a 21 point one?

If you use a 21 point captain all XP (e.g. 1000) will be converted to elite XP.

If you use a 19 point captain he will receive his commander XP as normal (e.g. 1000) and you will get 5% elite XP on top (50 in this example).

The downside is that you are operating your ship with a lesser skilled captain and you have less elite XP to spend freely.

Having said so I switched from using one of the 21 points Jutland brothers cycling through my German premiums in order to farm elite XP to directly training Yamamoto 19 => 21 by cycling through my Japanese premiums.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,956 posts
18,721 battles
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Are grinding some coal but right now, im not sure to use it to buy Gunter Luchenz or Pommern?

Before the patch I would have 100% said Pommern first, however after the patch it seems wise to always consider your existing premium fleet. If you already have a lot of German premiums Lütjens might be more valuable than an additional ship. If your German premium fleet is small Pommern might be the better addition.

As an example in my case Franz von Jütland while trained for Hindenburg is also looking after Pommern, Ägir, Odin, Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen, Scharnhorst, Z-39, P.E. Friedrich and Graf Spee and I would rather consider a unique captain over an additional premium.

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

Before the patch I would have 100% said Pommern first, however after the patch it seems wise to always consider your existing premium fleet. If you already have a lot of German premiums Lütjens might be more valuable than an additional ship. If your German premium fleet is small Pommern might be the better addition.

As an example in my case Franz von Jütland while trained for Hindenburg is also looking after Pommern, Ägir, Odin, Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen, Scharnhorst, Z-39, P.E. Friedrich and Graf Spee and I would rather consider a unique captain over an additional premium.

This is my issue as well. Have a lot of German premiums (Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Graaf, T-61 etc) so in one way I would love Lutjens on them. That said I love the playstyle of my Tirpitz and Scharn (a bit brawly w secondarys and torps) and Pommerns seemed a great T 9 version of that. That said im not sure how good Pommern is after this nerf to secondarys and how good my former brawly playstyle is in this new Meta?

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,956 posts
18,721 battles
55 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

This is my issue as well. Have a lot of German premiums (Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Graaf, T-61 etc) so in one way I would love Lutjens on them. That said I love the playstyle of my Tirpitz and Scharn (a bit brawly w secondarys and torps) and Pommerns seemed a great T 9 version of that. That said im not sure how good Pommern is after this nerf to secondarys and how good my former brawly playstyle is in this new Meta?

Unfortunately I can't help you here, as despite the Tirpitz being one of my oldest premiums I never bothered to use any secondary builds apart from a lone GK specced to farm secondary hits in PvE. My number of battles in the Pommern is small still, however the results and gameplay experience are best described as mediocre and astonishingly a lot worse than when I actively used the FdG. However there was a lot of meta shift in between when I last used the FdG and me now using the Pommern, so perhaps my playstyle has not adjusted yet.

[YEBOI]
Players
205 posts
13,488 battles

how do you only have 1 with 12k battles? you should really learn to min/max your economy lol

save your flags and camos for events like clan brawls and use them all at once

Sign in to follow this