Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mrs_Ragdoll

Full secondary build can't even hit an island anymore

47 comments in this topic

[BASIC]
Players
805 posts
21,874 battles

I'm respeccing all my german high tier ships to standard BB tank build, secondaries are useless now

• Cool 5

[LD3V]
Players
322 posts
1,509 battles
Alle 26/1/2021 alle 11:44, Bindolaf_Werebane ha scritto:

I just got Kurfürst and I'll go full secondaries. For the lols.

May the Kriegsmarine gods be with you 

• Funny 6

[OLEUM]
Players
118 posts
12,456 battles

I agree secondary’s are crap now but it’s a case of adaptation if nothing is going to change.

I changed 35% accuracy buff to dead eye keeping all other secondary options ticked so you kind of get 3/4 of secondary damage when close but better dispersion when far...hope that makes sense.

Fir the record I would have old GK back in a second.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,157 posts
22,986 battles
1 hour ago, Mrs_Ragdoll said:

I don't think that the promised default 22.5% buff to secondaries are even live on the live servers yet. And the manual secondary skills only boosts 35%. Or they seriously messed something else up so it's bugged and not working. Just see the screenshot below. A full secondary build Pommern game. Tell me WG, more than 500 hits and an accuracy of 10% is worth 11 captain skills. Couldn't even hit a spotted Shimakaze at 9 km from me that was spotted for almost a minute (I had 9 secondary hits, wooo!). Then I engaged an Ablemarle at around 11.8 km and later a Bismarck at also about 11.5 km. They don't hit anything anymore but air. Fix your game please, secondary builds are nerfed into the ground and you give BBs sniper guns for only 4 points, stop drinking so much Vodka and drink more water and tea please.

secondaries.png

You think German secondaries are bad? Try Alsace, you can't hit a massive BB 6km away even when fully specced into secondaries.

WG butchered the French secondaries, first with the IFHE changes and now with the dispersion.

• Cool 1

[LD3V]
Players
322 posts
1,509 battles
19 minuti fa, Aragathor ha scritto:

You think German secondaries are bad? Try Alsace, you can't hit a massive BB 6km away even when fully specced into secondaries.

WG butchered the French secondaries, first with the IFHE changes and now with the dispersion.

german BBs must be superior in secondaries... the fact that some american BBs were better was fucked up, if so then I want better penetration on my german guns, I want better accuracy, bigger caliber etc. 

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,377 posts
6,872 battles

I was under the impression there's some additional lag between spotting a target and secondaries activating beyond the turrets first needing to aim. Because even targets that show up at a 90° to your broadside can take multiple seconds before being targeted, even if those should be the quickest to target from a neutral position. I still managed about 20K-24K with a 9.2km Yamato without secondary built  during Ranked matches depending on the situation though.

Granted, both sides were firing at the time (on Thund left and manually targeted Shima to the right)

Beta Tester
10 posts
1 hour ago, Figment said:

I was under the impression there's some additional lag between spotting a target and secondaries activating beyond the turrets first needing to aim. Because even targets that show up at a 90° to your broadside can take multiple seconds before being targeted, even if those should be the quickest to target from a neutral position.

The lag you describe comes from the secondaries having to reload before firing. From what I've read there is some dumb mechanic at work where secondaries can only reload when they are actively targeting. So when you last target goes dark, your secs stop reloading.

Players
3,502 posts
12,184 battles

Most I go for now on secondary builds is extending the range with the 3 point captain skill and secondary mod.  That is it.  Even that is SUBPAR.

Nerfed and really not worth spec into anymore.  Secondaries have always been hanging on a thread (meta), but it's sucked the life out of it now.

Have to give WWAAAYYY too much for making it secondary spec and it's still less than it used to be.

Take the Massa and Georgia..They were great at pinpointing DD's that got too close but now....Shots go everywhere.  Only useful now on starting fires on large crusiers and BB's but that's all down to RNG.

So....Tank your rides lads.  You need it for all this STUPID HE SPAMMING Conqs and Thunderers now infesting the server with deadeye. When the top clans are doing it, it really sets a good example....not. :cap_old:

However, those of you who are good DD players take advantage of this BB infestation.  Due to the shear distance of cruisers and back line camping BB's, killing the enemy DD one vs one has never been so balanced. If you kill him, you've won the game.  Even though DD hunting also got nerfed too.

Or you can join the new wave of torp boats sitting back just as far as the CV does...Wow, is games is at it's all time low at the moment. 

• Cool 3

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

Indeed secondary specs are now laughable. And imagine the Siegfried who once was a fun secondary ship... as a supercruiser she doesn't even have access anymore to the secondary acccuracy skill, so last time I played her I landed like 6 secondary hits after firing 150 shells...

This captain rework is a $hit show.

• Cool 3

[2PTS]
Players
233 posts
9,495 battles

The skill rework is clearly a nerf to secondaries. Accuracy dropped to 25%. That's a joke.

• Cool 1

[RBNT]
Players
60 posts
5,921 battles

Boost german BB ship is non existent, so I hate that they try to sell me story that this is better... No, it isn't. I wish my old Bismarck and Gneisenau back with full sec. build. And - I hate lies.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,377 posts
6,872 battles
1 hour ago, FreeLead4All said:

The lag you describe comes from the secondaries having to reload before firing. From what I've read there is some dumb mechanic at work where secondaries can only reload when they are actively targeting. So when you last target goes dark, your secs stop reloading.

That would explain it, but sounds indeed really dumb. :/ Imagine if your main guns would stop reloading, just because the enemy got out of sight?

"Target sighted! FIRE!"

*pew*

"Reload!"

"Target is gone, sir!"

"Right then! Tea time!"

"Shouldn't we reload and be ready sir?"

"Nonsense, ol' chap! Once the captain has no target he demands we take a break so we are fit for the next target."

"But wouldn't it be handy if we are ready when..."

"No, stop whatever it is you're doing. You there! Hands of that button!"

"But sir!"
"Now what did I say! Drop everything. Stop loading that shell. Leave it hanging about a bit!"

"But..."

"Wait for it."

"But..."

"Waaaaaaait for iiiiiiit."

"Target sighted!"

"That's your cue! Have at it!"

• Funny 8

[SM0KE]
Players
6,978 posts
15,475 battles

Mortal combat with islands is traditional though; I find that the best way to show them who's boss is a full-on manly ram...!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[PWPVB]
Players
1 post
3,561 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Figment sagte:

That would explain it, but sounds indeed really dumb. :/ Imagine if your main guns would stop reloading, just because the enemy got out of sight?

"Target sighted! FIRE!"

*pew*

"Reload!"

"Target is gone, sir!"

"Right then! Tea time!"

"Shouldn't we reload and be ready sir?"

"Nonsense, ol' chap! Once the captain has no target he demands we take a break so we are fit for the next target."

"But wouldn't it be handy if we are ready when..."

"No, stop whatever it is you're doing. You there! Hands of that button!"

"But sir!"
"Now what did I say! Drop everything. Stop loading that shell. Leave it hanging about a bit!"

"But..."

"Wait for it."

"But..."

"Waaaaaaait for iiiiiiit."

"Target sighted!"

"That's your cue! Have at it!"

we are still speaking about germans so far ive never seen a british(sorry bri'ish) secondary ship

Players
6,702 posts
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

ahh so hybrid build with georgia is no longer viable? sad too be fair.

No idea about Georgia, but.. overall I'm thinking that hybrid build now means balancing attack and defence.

• Cool 1

Players
7,567 posts
245 battles
21 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

No idea about Georgia, but.. overall I'm thinking that hybrid build now means balancing attack and defence.

Well before the hybrid build was for both tanking and secondaries with miss georgia but it seems to be impossible to do with the current reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewurk dat peegee put out a few days ago.

Players
6,702 posts
10 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Well before the hybrid build was for both tanking and secondaries with miss georgia but it seems to be impossible to do with the current reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewurk dat peegee put out a few days ago.

Perhaps possible with some ships still.

Meanwhile.. I'm struggling with hybrid/balance builds. Was intending to make some captains slightly more attack, some more defence. However, the attack side of the skills is mostly rubbish, Dead Eye seems very aptly named... I'm beginning to think it is more like -10% to dispersion than anything.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,377 posts
6,872 battles
1 hour ago, Seeskabel45 said:

we are still speaking about germans so far ive never seen a british(sorry bri'ish) secondary ship

Considering the text you quoted, is it any wonder why?

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
5,765 posts
22,584 battles
2 hours ago, Seeskabel45 said:

Warspite wants to have a talk with You about that...

:cap_cool:

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
6,213 posts
12,222 battles
11 hours ago, Mrs_Ragdoll said:

I don't think that the promised default 22.5% buff to secondaries are even live on the live servers yet. And the manual secondary skills only boosts 35%. Or they seriously messed something else up so it's bugged and not working. Just see the screenshot below. A full secondary build Pommern game. Tell me WG, more than 500 hits and an accuracy of 10% is worth 11 captain skills. Couldn't even hit a spotted Shimakaze at 9 km from me that was spotted for almost a minute (I had 9 secondary hits, wooo!). Then I engaged an Ablemarle at around 11.8 km and later a Bismarck at also about 11.5 km. They don't hit anything anymore but air. Fix your game please, secondary builds are nerfed into the ground and you give BBs sniper guns for only 4 points, stop drinking so much Vodka and drink more water and tea please.

secondaries.png

Though they did ~15% of your total damage. But also hitting a cruiser on that range was even not easy with 60%

I think also the abermale is a small cruiser?

I had matches, were my secondaries did 30k dmg and 30k fire in Shikishima

Sign in to follow this