Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bindolaf_Werebane

A dispassionate view of the rework, a couple of days in

8 comments in this topic

Players
826 posts
8,007 battles

A couple of general observations in no particular order. 

1. It feels weird playing with the new skills, as if I don't quite know if and what skills my captain has. This "uncanny" effect is potentiated by the lack of information. Did an effect trigger? Did it not? Is it still active?

2. It seems that we have more choice. In the end, this varies a lot. I feel I have less choice in battleships, a bit (but not much) in destroyers and quite a few in  cruisers - although these last ones hardly seem to matter. For CVs, I just click on the pretty buttons, no idea.

3. Deadeye is a problem. Not so much for giving battleships laser guns (though that too), as for making games unplayable because of the players playing. Confused? Here's an example. I had to play one match of Epicenter yesterday. Good Lord. Unfortunately I was in a Yamato. I crept to the edge of the outer circle and... everyone was behind me. One of our destroyers died valiantly (but alone), the other was "hunting" (outside the circle, of course). The reds just took all three circles within 4 minutes. I proceeded to suic... I mean push into the objective (and into the next game).

4. Quite a few skills could have been incorporated into the ship classes as defaults (for example priority target, but others too) and the rest could take the form of splitting skill trees or something, for choices. The overall points could thus even be reduced. However, we all know WG need to make money, thus it had to be a cash grab instead. No skin off my back, really.

So be it. My playstyle hasn't changed.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,098 posts
10,299 battles
19 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

overall points could thus even be reduced. However, we all know WG need to make money, thus it had to be a cash grab instead.

Yes, let's make the inflation even worse....with this kind of thinking wows would turn into venezuela in a few years. Increasing cxp required is the one thing I like about the rework. It's an unpopular opinion, but I couldn't really care less. I agree with the rest though.

• Bad 2

Players
826 posts
8,007 battles

Can you explain what you mean by inflation? Let's say skillsnget incorporated and a max captain costs 16 points now. So? People would get more of them faster, sure, but how is that inflation? In the end, everyone could have max captains for all their ships - which is a good thing. For the players, that is. 

Not trying to be contentious, by the way, just asking.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,098 posts
10,299 battles

I mean it in a sense of all resources being easier to obtain with each update, thus decreasing their value. Credits, xp, fxp and cxp are the biggest example of this, with coal, steel and RB points being the lesser ones. It's why fxp ships are becoming more and more expensive.

Imo the game economy as it was 2-3 years ago was the best it ever was. With consumables costing something and there being a stricter limit on signal flags.

• Cool 3

Players
222 posts
4,019 battles

these threads are everywhere now they knew this was going to happen does wg care? no let this game die or keep giving them money whatever

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
3 hours ago, SV_Kompresor said:

I mean it in a sense of all resources being easier to obtain with each update, thus decreasing their value. Credits, xp, fxp and cxp are the biggest example of this, with coal, steel and RB points being the lesser ones. It's why fxp ships are becoming more and more expensive.

Imo the game economy as it was 2-3 years ago was the best it's ever been. With consumables costing something and there being a stricter limit on signal flags.

I have to be the one saying, that such a drastic increase of price for the last two points should be complimented by cmd xp camo event (at least).

You may be sitting on tons, have premium acc, premium ships, permanent camos etc... but thats not the case for everyone.

Meta is bad, out of 10 games in the last 24h hours I lost 6. Even if I do well and I win, on standard account with basic economy signals the income is not satisfying. By my calculations it's gonna take a very long time to level up the commanders one by one.

As for the skills I have to say that they feel more expensive points wise. Generally with 19 pointers I feel I have shittier build and I always am missing something I had before. I know we all are, but this is where people swimming in elite xp (or commanders and credits or even doubs) have an advantage.

The meta is very disappointing.

BBs snipe, cruisers spam at range, DDs die to CVs. Its not something new, but now WG actually forced people to play this way.

Idk... I am very close to the point of writting a goodbye post. At least for some time.

Yes I invested time and money in the past and I know we cant change or force how WG runs their product. It really feels like this meta shift is a preparation for the subs.

Overall I like the game and I am still somewhat hooked. We will see how this turns out... best give it some time. I expect dead eye to stay nerfed by 1/3.

• Cool 3

Players
3,941 posts
21,101 battles

I am not emotional about the skill rework, I don't mind this one as it brings something new to the table which I welcome, but I do have to say that after playing DD for a couple of days, it sure feels lonely at the front line. I didn't want to acknowledge it at first, but I do have to conclude that the games are more passive then they already were. The front line fights are usually just DD and CV vs DD and CV. Everone else usually is too far away to contribute anything of value in the cap dogfighting.

• Cool 4

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,322 battles

In general, I don't like 10.0 much.

A number of 'conditional' Cpt skills? These might not really be worth it.

Encouraging more passive play? Not a good idea.

No PM for Cruisers? Not a good idea. 

Having to Cpt skill reset every ship? Not a good idea.

In general, I'm trying to Cpt skill my ships as closely as I can to the old Cpt skills since most of those Cpt skill builds worked well enough.

Ofc, I'm not sure what to do with brawler BBs & whether these revised AA Cpt skills are really worth it. Some comments about these particulars would be welcome.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this