Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vivi_Ornitier

[OPINION] Removal of steel ships from sale should be told with more time

11 comments in this topic

Players
155 posts
3,601 battles

Since Thunderer will soon be removed*, I am going to buy her with coal+steel (sitting at just 110k coal at the moment). By doing this, the risk of WG announcing the leaving of, for example, Stalingrad in the following days would make me unable to purchase her because the gaining of steel is low. Three months isnt enough for a normal player to gather any significant amount of steel, but on the other hand it is enough to get lots of coal. Assuming an average of 1500 coal daily, it makes a total of 90x1500=135k, only 45k less than one of the tx ships if coupon is used. So I think a bigger margin regarding steel ships would be highly appreciated, even more taking into account that obtaining steel isn't even regular, it depends on clan, rankeds etc which vary all the time (you cant assume earnings over time as we do with coal, taking 1500 coal/day as an average) 

*anyone knows the exact day? I would like to save coal until the day before so I don't spend much steel. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,612 posts
16,470 battles

How much time would you have in mind for the average player to earn enough steel though? Even a year might not be enough for the majority of players. 

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,717 posts
11,779 battles
14 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

How much time would you have in mind for the average player to earn enough steel though? Even a year might not be enough for the majority of players. 

Well, actually balancing the ships before releasing them and then not removing them could be an option I guess.

But it is just my casual player attitude talking

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
Just now, Humorpalanta said:

Well, actually balancing the ships before releasing them and then not removing them could be an option I guess.

But it is just my casual player attitude talking

But that would contradict the business model comrade!

Players
155 posts
3,601 battles
18 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

135k is the 75% of a tier x coal ship with voucher, aprox. Equivalent would be the 21k of stalin, a 75% would be 15.575. So enough time to gather around that. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,862 posts
6,468 battles
26 minutes ago, Vivi_Ornitier said:

*anyone knows the exact day? I would like to save coal until the day before so I don't spend much steel. 

Most likely febuary 18 based off mission and snowflake end dates, and the fact WG has said before that they will run out once 10,1 hits.

• Cool 2

Players
2,240 posts
9,085 battles

I got my steel ship after playing for 3 years. Announcing removals 3+ years ahed would be fine... /s/

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,173 posts
9,978 battles
3 hours ago, JG4_sKylon said:

But that would contradict the business model comrade!

Not Really.

You cant really Buy Steel for Real Money.

So there is no Gain for WG in not Giving Appropriate Time.

I Generally Agree that if they Announce Steel Ships being Removed from Sale. it should actually be at least 6 Months better 12 Months before it actually Happens.

Average Players Aside. Even Veterans dont Gain Steel at Super Big Rates unless they are Constantly Playing Ranked and Clanbattles.

So they should at least Give Players a Chance to still Reach it.

Albeit. Honestly said. Removing Steel Ships at all Feels a bit Wrong.

These Ships already tend to be very Rare.

So its not like These Ships would be Something that just ends up Spammed.

• Cool 1

[-WHO-]
Players
129 posts
10,601 battles

Played 8000 games have 19k steel probably played all existing missions in one year. if U dont play clan battles your chances of ever having enough steel is slim. I gave up on steal ships. 

For coal I bought with coupons Pommern Georgia and now i will buy thunderer with Coal+Steal like u, it will be in 10.1 so you have a few weeks. im not waiting cause i dont care about steel anymore

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,083 posts
10,289 battles

Well tbh with overpowered coal ships, it's not that difficult to predict which ship is going to get removed next. So whenever you see that ship without any wg announcement you can know that it'll still be at least 3 months.

• Cool 1

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
13 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Not Really.

You cant really Buy Steel for Real Money.

So there is no Gain for WG in not Giving Appropriate Time.

Well, you´re right. I can´t speed up the process of getting steel with premium or dubloons i guess.

Sign in to follow this