Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bloodynicknames

So I just tried playing GK again

40 comments in this topic

Players
383 posts
12,134 battles

And man, WG must really hat brawling ships cause literally the only thing GK is good for now is sell for credits(if it werent for the fact selling a ship costs REAL MONEY thanks to dubloons). 

With this huge steaming dump that is commander rework(remember when we all thought CV rework was bad ? lmao, good times in comparison) that ship is as useless as it gets. 

Everyone sits at range and no matter what time in the match you get burnt down for half your HP when you try to push. The guns are still the most inaccurate crap i've seen so far(full volley nicely aimed at an Austin at <10km and dispersion says, na, [edited]you, only one of them hits).

I mean at this point WG might as well create a zone called "No mans land" in the middle of the map where nobody can enter and teams just have to slug it out at 12-25km. 

I'm really lost for words with this mess. 

The only other update in any game I ever played that fucked up the game as much was NGE in Star Wars Galaxies and that killed the game(literally, look it up). 
But hey, maybe this is what WG aims for, squeeze some more cash out of the fools that still spend money here then shut it down. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
12 posts
22,930 battles

i agree with you, GK now in my opinion can be used like all BBs after the changes like a snipe! you equipe all the module and skills to snipe and tank and there we go stay at 20k and uses the good he to angled ships and the ap to punhisher broadside ships! i never thing that was a choice, but that work when you have the dead eye active. now at 20 or 23 k you hit easly 8 hits on a broadside ship, so its possible to work!

Players
383 posts
12,134 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

top tier GKs with T8 or complete steamrolls, that's supposed to prove what exactly ? 

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
16 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

(if it werent for the fact selling a ship costs REAL MONEY thanks to dubloons).  

:Smile_amazed:

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
1 minute ago, bloodynicknames said:

top tier GKs with T8 or complete steamrolls, that's supposed to prove what exactly ? 

You were talking about playing GK. They manage. And yes, there are replays for pure Tier X battles.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,521 posts
12,974 battles

do like all other GK captains now.. 
spec it for tanking, put the range module, get spotter plane, get CE.. 

use Dead EYE... and stay at 20km.. fire HE.. 

Profit!! 

This is the meta now!! 

Someone put "I'm the captain meme here"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[SPURD]
Players
860 posts
6,511 battles

It was bad before and it's bad now, hardly suprising. It's not like they introduced a skill called "remove superstructure"

Personally I invest just 3 points and rangemodule into secondary batteries nonsense and the rest to tankiness so when 5 Thunderers burn me down I can feel happy about 22% secondary batteries dispersion gained!

[CAG]
Players
431 posts
15,531 battles

I'll put it this way, if you want to play successfully, then I would prefer other Battleships.. maybe Thunder, Thunder or Thunder..!?!

Have fun. (But please don´t ask me how!)

• Funny 3

[XTREM]
Players
2,125 posts
15,547 battles

I only played one GK game so far since the patch but it was decent enough.

Spoiler

unknown.thumb.png.8c5e4903ff025239c55131b0affc0a35.png

And this is the build I'm using right now. 19pt. with von Jutland. Not final(maybe) but it's funny. 

Plus spotting torps at almost 6km, kek

Spoiler

Capturew.thumb.PNG.2458e21fd9cebdc0bb36ca212b21c86b.PNG

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
22,930 battles
Just now, Excavatus said:

Profit!! 

This is the meta now!! 

absolutly, i have my GK like that, and the average dmg has going up, but in the other way my winrate decrease

[XTREM]
Players
2,125 posts
15,547 battles
1 minute ago, Casanova_PT said:

absolutly, i have my GK like that, and the average dmg has going up, but in the other way my winrate decrease

Because GK is not meant to be played that way. 

• Cool 3

Players
12 posts
22,930 battles
Just now, Miragetank90 said:

Because GK is not meant to be played that way. 

yes i know, but is the only way for me to make GK work so i think is a vailable option!

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,521 posts
12,974 battles
6 minutes ago, Casanova_PT said:

Don't you know it already mate? 

WR is rigged.. If you win, you win because you are good.. 

If you lose, you lose because WG wanted you to lose. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
9 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

Demount modules? Idk man.

oh yeah, that makes sense :cap_haloween:

[XTREM]
Players
2,125 posts
15,547 battles
Just now, Casanova_PT said:

yes i know, but is the only way for me to make GK work so i think is a vailable option!

If you want to do that, just play Thunderer or Conq, they do the concealment/deadeye and HE thing way better. 

GK is not an easy ship to play, but you have to build a ship to it's strengths, not weaknesses.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
5 minutes ago, Casanova_PT said:

When you win less, it does not really work, unless you play for damage numbers.

But then you selected the wrong ship. Play Conqueror and change target with every fire that you cause.

• Bad 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,060 posts
Gerade eben, DFens_666 sagte:

oh yeah, that makes sense :cap_haloween:

Not really. It's free for... a month or so. If someone is dissatisfied with a ship and wants to sell it, he can demount the stuff he wants to keep and pay not a single dubloon.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, MementoMori_6030 said:

Not really. It's free for... a month or so. If someone is dissatisfied with a ship and wants to sell it, he can demount the stuff he wants to keep and pay not a single dubloon.

Ofc it makes no sense since you can just sell them instead of demounting them. But apart from that, selling a ship can never cost any money.

I just didnt get at all what he was referring to in the first place :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
22,930 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

When you win less, it does not really work, unless you play for damage numbers.

But then you selected the wrong ship. Play Conqueror and change target with every fire that you cause.

agree with you, but after the rework in my case its rare see a close game, and i know before this patch we dont have a lot too, but they happen more, now i dont have a game with more then 10 min when there are a cv in game! in my opinion is that who makes the WR decrease, not the fact of you be in a GK in the back sniping

[BABBY]
Players
796 posts
11,578 battles

Since I play mostly coop I can attest that GK is awesome fun there now in full secondary build, as with other t7+ KM BB's. Can't wait till it's Narai week again :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,226 posts
26,667 battles

yesterday, full sec build with UU (19km mb maxrange):

Großer Kurfürst    Großer Kurfürst X 1 100%
Super Unicum
3 394
Super Unicum
198 026 0 0

apr. 230 sec hits.... while the whole rework thing makes me sick and suX imho (too much, too extreme... they just started to put everything into extreme.... torps, cv's, he spam, bb camping, sec ranges at least and so on...), they kinda did raise it all. sec builds are still situational, nothing really changed there.

2cts

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
599 posts
4,975 battles
54 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Profit!! 

This is the meta now!! 

This is wrong, utterly wrong and disgusting.

I ve enjoyed my Kurfurst with secondarys, nice brawling, great push options, now its a piece of garbage. Sure you can play him at range and stuff, but there are others BB for that not Kurfurst. I have a ship now that will collect rust. You really cant take away something fun and strong in one ship and destroy it to the ground just beacouse , hey it new meta. I like to get close and personal and this whole new patch will probably make me to uninstall the game or only play DDs and CVs.

I wonder what is the point of the test servers when they put this garbage in the game no matter what the testers say.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this